PDA

View Full Version : Paperblanks - too beautiful to be true!!

Kirsten
12-19-2007, 06:28 AM
Anyone here who knows the Paperblank journals and address books? I saw them in a shop last week, and really, I couldn't take my eyes off them. These journals have the most beautiful covers made of (faux) leather or silk, each of them a piece of art. Especially I loved those with the embellished manuscripts on the cover:

Paperblanks Old Leather - Manuscripts (http://www.paperblanks.com/old_leather/embellished2.htm)

I ordered the one with the Lincoln speech as a Christmas present. :)

But there are so many of them that look simply beautiful, and I'm totally in love with the handstiched ones, too!

Check it out: Paperblanks (http://www.paperblanks.com)

Sorry, I just had to share this! ;)

Kirsten

Barbara
12-19-2007, 07:06 AM
Oh they are wonderful- you sometimes see them in shops but I never saw the full range. A pity I don't write that much :)

catnapper
12-19-2007, 07:41 AM
Hmmm... I will need a new journal in January. I liked the Freud one and laughed when I noticed it was Freud! I think considering my nutty family it is very appropos! :p

I'll have to check out some bookshops to see them in person. I do write in a journal and consider them very special to me. I have them stored away from when I was 10 years old. Its a hoot to read those really early journals! :D

Logan
12-19-2007, 09:46 AM
Those are beautiful, Kirsten!

Kirsten
12-19-2007, 09:48 AM
I liked the Freud one and laughed when I noticed it was Freud! I think considering my nutty family it is very appropos!

LOL! :D But you're right; I like the Freud one, too! The Charlotte Bronte one is also one of my faves! :)

Oh they are wonderful- you sometimes see them in shops but I never saw the full range. A pity I don't write that much

I saw the first ones in a book shop in Kassel, and I was really impressed. I'm just trying to learn some animal communication (not that I'm very successful! LOL) and I thought one of these books would be nice to write down my experiences (if I should ever have any! ;)).

Kirsten