PDA

View Full Version : Long time, no wooooo, by Tehya with pictures

Glacier
12-18-2007, 01:58 PM
WOOOOOO PT

Mom said some of you were wondering about us cuz we ain't posted in awhile. So she said I could post some pictures and give you an update on our house. It ain't been too much fun around here lately. Mom has the blahs and lots of us critters had ouchies and lumps and bumps and all sorts of weird things! My old sisfur, Sleet, is not doing so good and everyone is worried that she will be leaving us soon. She can't hold her pee anymore and she is stiff and hurty somedays. The nice vet that drives right to your house is gonna come see Sleet soon and see if there are some medicines that might help her.

On top of all that junk, we didn't have very much snow and we couldn't go sledding. It was too cold for the ATV to work and not enough snow to stop the sled. But on Sunday Mom said "who needs to stop?" and she dragged out the sled! Just a few of us went running so Mom could still have some hope of stopping us in an emergency!
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v38/Glacier1998/Sled%20dogs/2007/firstrun-1.jpg
That's me in the back beside Pacer! It's more work on the sled, but it's way more fun!
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v38/Glacier1998/Sled%20dogs/2007/break.jpg
Here we are taking a break. I do not like taking breaks. Breaks are boring. I want to run, run, run, run......I jump up and down in my harness when we stop!
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v38/Glacier1998/Sled%20dogs/2007/hobodahappi.jpg
Doesn't Hobo look like he had fun?

We did pretty good for our first run. We went for 12 kilometres. We went by a loose dog without stopping and causing a ruckus and we passed our neighbor, Mr. Will's dog team without any tangles. He had a big bunch of doggers hooked up and was going really fast! I ain't never seen another team before so that was pretty cool, plus Mom was all happy with us and told us we were good dogs! I had some trouble with a snowball on my paw. Mom says I need to learn how to rip those things off by myself! Ya gotta learn alot of stuff to be sled dog, it seems!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v38/Glacier1998/Sled%20dogs/hillhome.jpg
After we got home, it got all snowy and blowy so yesterday Mom took another team out, but I didn't get to go. I guess the other dogs need a turn too! Lookit Anvik! He was telling Mom to do her share of the work up the hill! HA HA!!

I also made a new friend on the weekend. His name is Cobber. He is a German Short-Haired Pointer and lives with my Mom's friend, Bonnie. Mom took me for a truck ride and we went over there. Me and Cobber got along great! We were even allowed to wrestle inside his house! Mom doesn't let us wrestle inside; we have to go outside to be Hooligans! His house has these weird things called stairs too. I wasn't so sure of those things. We don't have any at our house. But after a few trys, I was racing up and down them things! Course, silly Mom wasn't really planning on all this so she didn't take her camera! I will remind her to take it next time I go to Cobber's house. He is an only dog and he gets bored sometimes. So we are gonna have play dates!

In other exciting news, Anvik has finally learned not to chase the kitties so he gets to be free in the house!
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v38/Glacier1998/Dogs%202007/annihouse.jpg
Doesn't he look good on the couch?

Mom is leaving us on Friday for a week. She's going to see her human family, but my Dad is staying home with us. I'm good with that. He lets me nap on the couch with him!

Happy Howlidays PT!
Tehya

Cinder & Smoke
12-18-2007, 03:41 PM
:D

You're a Trip, Tehya! ;)

So glad most everyone's healed up and Feelin Better ---
Prayers offered for poor ole Sleet - Dad sez "old age" is da Pitz! :(

Anvik AND You both "loose" in the Howze? Sounds like a Disaster in the making!

Tell your Mom to have a lotta *PHUNN* onna Christmas Trip to the Folks ...
and You Guys try ta go *easy* on Dear ole Dad.

Any chance you could all Hook Up an take HIM for a sled ride?
Gotta pikshure that in our minds ... it'd be "inneresting", fur sure! ;)

Wishin ALL you Dawgs & Kats, as well as Momma Tamara an Daddy Stuart
a Joyus and Merry Christmas and
a Happy, Prosperous New Year!

:D

joycenalex
12-18-2007, 03:56 PM
tehya, i gotta tell you, don't give too much lip to the humom, SHE controls the dog treats. wags alex the wonder dog...pee ess, anvik looks mighty happee inna house, good wags there...chase the cats on the downlow...

lvpets2002
12-18-2007, 04:05 PM
;) :eek: OMG we got just a wittle bit of Snow now.. The Pics are just BreathTaken.. For Sure Mother Nature At Her Best With Beauty.. great pics & many thanks..

Queen of Poop
12-18-2007, 04:06 PM
Thanks for the update Tehya. We've missed you. While you've been away we've added a couple of kitties to our home. Sasha's not too impressed. We're all sending prayers for Miss Sleet. Have also asked our RB babies to keep a close eye on her. You all have a good Christmas!

Grace
12-18-2007, 06:10 PM
It is so good to see you, Tehya!! If you want, we have lots of extra snow around our house that we could send - another foot might help for you??

You need to learn to use that camera - take some of the responsibility from Mom.

lizbud
12-18-2007, 06:13 PM
It's nice to see you all again Tehya. Looks like you are a grown up pup
now. Sure look good in harness with your pals. :) Tell Anvik Congrats on
learning Kitty 101. :)

Freedom
12-18-2007, 07:33 PM
Gooddness gracious, Tehya, when you stay off the 'puter, then you come and you have LOADS of info for us!
First, I wish to say prayers for Sleet, that she can feel comfortable.
Next, Hobo, oh look at the icicles hanging off his muzzle! Must be his drool, but it sure does look funny!
Anvik looks quite comfie on that sofa.
And then dear Tehya, I can just pciture you jumping up and down in the harness when there is a break; and it sure is a cute image in my mind, he hee. You take care and tell everyone that, from us here in RI, we wish you ALL a Merry Christmas!
PS, Teyha, I have something to tell you! My Lacey has been taking Basic Manners; it is a class she has to pass to get into Agility. Tonight was the last night. Anyway, one of the other dogs in the class was Wyatt, a 7 months old Malamute. And I got to hear "woo woo" for REAL!!! Wyatt loved to do it and "talked" most of every class. Now I have a real good idea what YOU sound like too! It was such a NICE sound. And every time he did that, I would smile, thinking of you and all the PT woo woo'ers, he hee.

luvofallhorses
12-18-2007, 08:08 PM
It is so good to hear from you Tehya! :) It sounds like you're having fun being a sled dog. :D Happy holidays to you too sweetie and I hope Sleet feels better soon. :) Anvik looks so comfy on the couch. :D

critter crazy
12-18-2007, 08:33 PM
Great to hear from you again sweety!! you all look like you had a great time!!:D

cassiesmom
12-18-2007, 09:02 PM
Thanks for the update Tehya. We've missed you. We're all sending prayers for Miss Sleet. You all have a good Christmas!

Dear Tehya and Family,
Missed you - Same here!
Prayers for Miss Sleet - Same here!
Hope you'll have a good Christmas - Again, same here!

cyber-sibes
12-18-2007, 10:41 PM
Woooos to yous, toos, Ms. Tehya! We got a few inches of snow, then a few inches of ice. We like it cold, but the ice is a little tricky. We never get as much snow & stuff as you do there. We just dream about being sled dogs, and mom lets us see your pictures & hear about your sledding adventures. Hey, take your mom over to our blog - we've on a cyber-adventure to the North Pole! It's been a good adventure so far. Maybe on our way back we can "run" by & say wooo to you & Annie & everydog? That would be exciting! Hope you don't miss yer mom too much when she's gone, and be good as you could for yer dad!
woos and a-roos,
Star & the Jack a-roo

PS - mom & us have our paws crossed & are saying prayers for Sleet. Hope she's around yet for a long time.

Pawsitive Thinking
12-19-2007, 08:54 AM
Hey Tehya! I was feeling a bit low until I read your thread. Thanks sweetie, you have cheered me up no end :D

Happy Christmas to you all

Logan
12-19-2007, 09:19 AM
What a fun update from you, Tehya! Sounds like you guys are finally getting your snow and having a good time with your sled!!!

Merry Christmas to you and your whole family! :)

Glacier
12-19-2007, 10:26 AM
Woooo Woooo everyone

Mr. Phred: My Daddy used to take the dog teams out, but he hasn't taken any in four years. The bouncing around makes his back hurt too much and he is always working(even when he's not at his money job) and he doesn't know where we go and who we like to run with anymore. Mom says he's the handler now--I guess that means he opens the gate for us when he's home! :p Me and Anvik are good together in the house. We haffa be or we get kicked back outside! Mom's kinda harsh that way! ;)

Sasha: be nice to those new kitties. Sometimes they leave yummy stuff in their bowls!

Ms. Grace: We will take all the snow you want to send us. We love snow!

Congratulations on passing your manners class, Lacey. Mom says I could use one of those classes somedays! Whatever! ;) You would hear lotsa wooing at our house. I do not howl when the other dogs have choir practice, but I make lots of noise at other times. I like to woooooo at the axe when MOm is splitting firewood. I hate that thing!

Star & Jack: My Mom reads your blog and has been following your adventures! That would be fab if you could pop by on your way home!

Oh, Mom says I have to get in my pen now!
WOOOOOOO
Tehya