PDA

View Full Version : Good deed...

moosmom
12-18-2007, 10:35 AM
I went into D&D to get coffee. I saw one of the homeless guys that sleeps in our back hallway. I bought him coffee and a donut. I brought it over to him and said, Merry Christmas. The look on his face was priceless. :D

Pawsitive Thinking
12-18-2007, 10:41 AM
Aww well done you!!!!! Feels good doesn't it?

kittycats_delight
12-18-2007, 10:50 AM
we take for granted a lot of things. A coffee and a donut is nothing to us but to someone who is cold and hungry it means so much. More people need to do little things like this. If we took the time or the few pennies needed to do something for someone who needs it the world would be a different place.

Good on you Donna...a lot of people could learn to take that lesson from your actions. :)

(((((HUGS)))))
You are a kind hearted and very sweet lady.
Michelle

pitc9
12-18-2007, 11:52 AM
You should feel warm and fuzzy for doing that!
:D

angelbow20
12-18-2007, 01:04 PM
Aww thats so sweet. great job!!! we dont really have homeless people around although once there was a guy and I bought him a burger when I saw him looking through trash. Its sad because I know that guy could get a job but just wont and when he does have money he buys beer.

cassiesmom
12-18-2007, 01:34 PM
:D

When I worked in downtown Chicago, there were always homeless people around. Sad.

joycenalex
12-18-2007, 02:20 PM
val, you rock! a jewel in your crown my dear.

davidpizzica
12-18-2007, 02:44 PM
Donna, I always knew you were a caring, giving person and by giving that homeless man something to make his life a little easier, this shows me how big your heart is. {{{{HUGs{{{{, Donna!

moosmom
12-18-2007, 02:47 PM
It did make me feel good, and his smile made it all worth while. When you hear some of their stories, it makes you really think, and GREATFUL that you have what you do in your life. One minute you can have it all and in a heartbeat the rug could be pulled out from under you.

It made me realize how very close I came to being in that position. I shudder.

kimlovescats
12-18-2007, 02:50 PM
GOD BLESS YOU, DONNA!!!
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y244/kimlovescats/Graphics/angel.gif

Chica
12-18-2007, 08:41 PM
That was very nice of you!!! :) I try to do nice things every day! :)

Rachel
12-19-2007, 08:20 AM
we take for granted a lot of things. A coffee and a donut is nothing to us

Michelle

Speak for yourself. :p Someone who offers me a coffee and donut will be appreciated regardless of whether I could go buy for myself.

columbine
12-19-2007, 09:30 AM
Folks who don't live in cities with a lot of visible homelessness can still get that warm glow online here - America's Second Harvest. (http://www.secondharvest.org/) It's not just the homeless who don't have enough to eat - elderly/injured people who spent all their money on rent & medicine, folks who have lost their jobs and not found another yet, veterans falling through the ever-widening cracks in the VA, families who can get by in the summer but are getting frozen out by the price of heating fuel. And, of course, the homeless.

Food pantries are facing unprecedented shortages. Even $1 will go surprisingly far - don't give up just because that's all you can spare; anything will help! Anybody know the analogous link for Canada?

Love, Columbine