PDA

View Full Version : America in concert down under..pics ...

carole
12-16-2007, 03:26 AM
Well a lot of you will know i had been planning this trip away for over three months, and it is now over, the concert was great, i had a blast,i even got up and danced, shy as i am, and stone cold sober,not like the rest of the younger crowd who were, should we say rather intoxicated.
There were many in my age group, older and suprisingly a younger crowd from teenagers up to around 26ish age group, did not know they even had such a following.

we arrived an hour early to get good parking, the venue was not the greatest and very hot and stuffy and the seats were cramped together, it was not near full, bit disappointing for such a great group, but the crowd treated America well.

I was sitting behind that ladies head in the pic, she had this buoffy hair do and i had to change seats with hubby so i could see better lol.

I was a bit annoyed we had to listen to the supporting act for 45 mins, a nzer, a rather eccentric lady with a mowhawk, who played the violin, she did play well, but it was far too long, and alot of maori chanting and culture was entered into it, which i found a bit tiresome, heard it all before, but at last after half time break, America came on , and man those guys performed non-stop for over and hour and half,i really don't know how they can do it, but they did, sang every song on history,two from their first album which i never really knew and three from their new album, which were really good, and of course they got a standing ovation (sp) and did Horse with no name for the encore.

I thought Dewey had the best voice really, and when i was 18 i had the hots for Gerry, but i have changed my mind now, and think Dewey is the best of the two.

Was great to see two other original members, the guitarist and drummer, all in all it was a wonderful night, we had the lovely accommodation and everything went well.

Anyhow for those who want to see pics of the concert, not the best i am afraid, and some of me and the resort, take a peak. cheers.

carole
12-16-2007, 03:34 AM
Just a few more of the resort unit, very nice place to stay, highly recommend it, we had a nice breakfast next morning too, it was a real treat,and melissa took good care of the cats, and enjoyed having her big brother come down with his partner Amber,they had a girls nite in while my son went to a party,and then they all went off to the zoo the next day and shopping,we had a birthday celebration dinner together, as my son scott turned 26 the next day, he was heading home that night,so it was really nice to share that time with him, all in all a great weekend . :)

Killearn Kitties
12-16-2007, 08:12 AM
I'm so glad you enjoyed it Carole. I was thinking about you. It is a bit of a worry going to see a band you haven't seen in that length of time. It would have been such a disappointment if they had been rotten.

It looks such a lovely place. Bet you wish you had been there for a few more days. :D

carole
12-16-2007, 12:10 PM
Yes it was lovely to get away even for a night, have not been away for over five years, but i am such a homebody, i was glad to be home again, i missed my kitties,yes i was glad that America were up to scratch too, i did think the sound system could have been a bit better though, it was so loud, that the love songs which are very sweet and melodious came out a bit harsh, gerry's voice is not as good as it used to be, but considering he is getting on, he still performed well and i was happy. :)Dewey on the other hand was top notch, his voice is really great,but then he does not do the high stuff., i was bummed out they were selling their latest cd, but only cash sales and i did not have any on me, so i guess i will have to pay a bit more and get "here and now" in the shops.

Killearn Kitties
12-16-2007, 12:25 PM
That is annoying about the cash sales, isn't it? I was caught out that way recently too. We were at an event where everybody was just so great, that I would have bought a few of the CDs, but just didn't have that much cash on me.

AbbyMom
12-16-2007, 04:22 PM
Glad you had a good time! I'm very envious. I still listen to my America albums on a regular basis. Never seen them in concert. Good to hear they can still perform.

carole
12-16-2007, 06:00 PM
Next time they come on tour, make sure you go see them, they won't be touring much longer,infact they just finished their world wide tour here in wellington nz, they were touring with chicago, overseas, probably in the states and britain,now that is one concert i would have loved to have seen. :)

K9karen
12-16-2007, 10:17 PM
I'm so glad you had a great trip and a wonderful time! You deserve it! The concert photos are nice, but girl, after all this time, I really don't remember EVER seeing a picture of you!! That was the best part for me! Well! Aren't you a pretty thing!!!!! :D

carole
12-17-2007, 12:44 PM
Aww aren't you nice, i think the same thing about you, i love the card you send me every year with the pic of yourself and john this year and of course your beloved furbaby,thank you for the pick me up comment, made my day. he he. :)