PDA

View Full Version : Don't you just love.......

Nomilynn
08-11-2002, 09:42 PM
the smell of kitty fur? :D I love snuggling with Tilly and Bassett and smelling that kitty smell. Especially right after they wake up and are all cosy and warm. :D :D

Fuzzy317
08-11-2002, 09:44 PM
I haven't heard anyone talk of the smell of kitty fur, I have heard some talk about "puppy breath". I will have to do some kitty smelling when I get home. :)

kitten645
08-11-2002, 10:40 PM
Kitty fur smells the BEST! Kitty breath is usually something else all together! LOL..Eau de tuna/spiders/kitty butt! Never smelt puppy breath but wet dog isn't the best!

Nomilynn
08-12-2002, 12:53 AM
Hehe Kitty breath definatly leaves something to be desired!! ;)

Piglet
08-12-2002, 03:03 AM
Have you ever smelled kitten fur?! It has that amazing powdery smell, almost the same as when you smell a new-born babies head (I mean a human baby;) ). I just couldn't stop putting my nose on her belly when Piglet was a kitten...
she didn't smell so great later on when I had 3 chain smoking flatmates, but they're gone now and so is the tobacco smell in Piglets fur. :)
I also noticed that kitties breath is better when you only feed them dry food.

Miss Meow
08-12-2002, 05:16 AM
Originally posted by Fuzzy317
I haven't heard anyone talk of the smell of kitty fur, I have heard some talk about "puppy breath". I will have to do some kitty smelling when I get home. :)

Oh, you have to go and smell a kitty right now!!! I love it when Jasmine lies on my neck at night - not the being suffocated bit, but she smells so clean and catty and nice :)

lynnestankard
08-12-2002, 10:29 AM
nomilynn - your so right - kitty fur smells sooooo sweet! i just adore it when one of the three is fast asleep on the sofa, chair or cushion i can go and have a proper belly sniff! gorgeous!

lut - yep furkid paws are wonderful too! dan's not to keen on letting me sniff his paws and ketchum runs a mile - so it's a thing normally shared between me and bagel!

lynne

sasvermont
08-12-2002, 10:51 AM
I have noticed each cat has its own little scent. Gabe has an entirely different scent than Miley and Graemer. Actually, M & G have the same scent. Sometimes it has to do with the clothing or blanket they are currently sleeping on, such as the fabic softener I use in the wash etc. etc. Sometimes they smell like my perfume.... and how I love the scents in the fur!

M & G have very silky fur too which adds to the sensation.

Yikes.

:D

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
08-12-2002, 01:34 PM
Originally posted by lut
you will all laugh now , but I love to smell at Maya's paws ...!!mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm !! gorgeous !!:D ;) :rolleyes:

That's so funny, Lut. :D

Terry likes to sniff Peanuts paws, but he's only teasing her and sniffing her like she sniffs him. I'll hold her upside down, so of course her paws stick way out, and he'll come over and start sniffing at them and you should see the faces she makes at him. Probably wondering what in the world this weird human is doing. ;) :D :D

NoahsMommy
08-12-2002, 02:06 PM
Yes, they smell so...well...I don't know. They do smell nice though. Especially since they spend half the day grooming! :)

TheAntiPam
08-12-2002, 02:28 PM
Originally posted by sasvermont
I have noticed each cat has its own little scent.
Yes, my Daisy (RB) smelled like warm dust - I always thought of the smell of an old auntie's house with lots of antiques and lace doiles.

Murf (RB) didn't have much of an odor at any time - except tuna breath on occasion.

Winston smells sweet and just like - well, Winston! It might not be puppy breath, but it's lovely!

Nomilynn
08-12-2002, 05:43 PM
Lut!! I tried to sniff Tilly's paws and she kicked me in the head!!!!!! :eek: :eek: Oh well.. she still smells good :D

krazyaboutkatz
08-12-2002, 10:53 PM
All three of my cats smell like babies. I use a spray on conditioner on their fur and it leaves a wonderful scent. :) I haven't tried to smell their paws yet.

lovemymaltese
08-12-2002, 11:11 PM
I would sneeze until my nose fell off (allergic), but I can imagine that it would be a great joy. Cats have such lovely coats.