PDA

View Full Version : Dog Gets National Attention, But Still Needs a Home, PA

Anikaca77
12-14-2007, 02:29 PM
NORTH MANHEIM TWP., SCHUYLKILL COUNTY- At nearly 14-years-old, Leroy is looking for a home. Gary Digiuseppe of the Hillside SPCA says, "He has not met a man, woman, or child he has not loved."
Leroy, a Bulldog - Siberian Husky mix, was brought in to the Hillside Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals, or SPCA, 2 years ago. He was skinny and had an ear infection. Since then, he's been nursed back to health but still needs an owner. "Our big worry about Leroy is if we don't find him a home soon, he'll be spending a third Christmas at our shelter," said Diguiseppe.

The Hillside SPCA put Leroy's adoption status as "urgent" meaning he's been in the shelter a long time without being adopted. The urgent status was put on the national website, petfinder.com

Dog owners from across the country sent gifts to Leroy, and paid for new x-rays which revealed he had been shot with a shotgun in the past. Now he's receiving the treatment he needs. "It's just heartwarming, it brings tears to your eyes," he said.

Now the shelter hopes someone can look into Leroy's different colored eyes, and adopt him."He's older but he still has a lot of love to give," added Digiuseppe.

And hopefully he'll soon have a home to share that love. The Hillside shelter is a "no kill" shelter so Leroy won't be euthanized. He'll stay at the shelter until he's adopted

http://forums.petfinder.com/viewtopic.php?t=145016&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=105

Ginger's Mom
12-14-2007, 03:16 PM
I love the last picture of him standing by the fence. He really does have a sweet face. I wish I were in a position to take him. He truly looks like a real charmer.

lizbud
12-14-2007, 04:37 PM
Why can't they make him a Lifetime Member where he is now? If he
seems happy & gets the care he needs. People could contribute for some
of his care. This might be better for the dog than risk moving him again.