PDA

View Full Version : Pot lucks

slleipnir
12-14-2007, 11:31 AM
I'm going to one tonight, and my brother was going to help me cook something to bring, although now I don't have time to cook anything. I was going to bring garlic bread but by the time people eat it, it would be cold. Any suggestions for something I can bring? I'd like something sorta healthy but not too expensive. I believe there is an oven if needed...

kuhio98
12-14-2007, 12:04 PM
I always pickup one of the veggie or fruit plates at the grocery store. Everyone seems to enjoy a healthier snack. I've also bought shrimp platters. They went fast! I barely put it down and it was attacked!

pitc9
12-14-2007, 12:17 PM
When I go to pot lucks I bring cocktail meatballs and they are always a HUUUGE hit!

1 bag of frozen cocktail sized meatballs.
1 jar grape jelly
1 can pizza sauce
1 bottle ketchup

Dump it all in a crock pot for a few hours and Ta-Da!

Karen
12-14-2007, 12:28 PM
A plate with three different kinds of cheese and some plain crackers is always a hit - no cooking required, and just a little bit of "assembly" time. I find that if you slice the cheese it goes faster than if you let/make people slice it themselves. Wanna make it pretty? Stick a bunch of seedless grapes on the platter, and it'll look gourmet!

kittycats_delight
12-14-2007, 12:36 PM
Fruit platter, Veggie Platter or a cold pasta salad. You can get the first 2 pre-made or make them yourself in no time at all. Or make a pasta salad with fresh peppers, cherry tomatoes, other fresh veggies and instead of mayo use oil and top with fresh ground pepper. It is cheap, easy and quick.

slleipnir
12-14-2007, 12:38 PM
People are bring veggies already I believe...I like the cheese tray idea though. Thanks. I'll see what I can put together

Medusa
12-14-2007, 01:05 PM
If an oven is available, then your idea about the garlic bread would work. Have it prepared and just pop it in the oven right before serving.

slleipnir
12-14-2007, 01:17 PM
Thanks for the ideas. I went out and got a mixed cheese/meat tray as I'm running out of time to do stuff. :o