PDA

View Full Version : I've returned at last!

Miss Z
12-14-2007, 10:25 AM
Hey all,

Seems like I haven't been on PT properly in quite a long time, but just thought I'd drop a line or two to tell you I'm back for a bit and to explain any other 'disappearances' I may make this coming year.

Lately I've had a lot of schoolwork - it's a really important year for me as I have my GCSEs next June and the mocks just after Christmas. I had to recently learn 10 collective pages of French and German for mock oral examinations which took a lot of work, I don't have one of the best memories going! Consequently I think I overworked myself and have been pretty ill these last few days, my blood pressures been playing havoc again and I'm apparently becoming too dependent on my blood tablets so my dosage has been altered and leaving me a bit all over the place health-wise.

So, I'll be back for this Christmas, then I'll probably have another break in January for my mocks, then again in May/June for the real thing. If you see me on PT at these times, you all have permission to tell me to get lost and get back to revising! http://petoftheday.com/i/our_smilies/tongue.gif

The pets are good, Twilight's nose has cleared up and Flossie's learned a few more tricks! She's such a clever girl.

Missed all my good friends here a lot, hope I don't have too much to catch up on!

Zara

Argranade
12-14-2007, 02:55 PM
Sounds like you sure have your hands full!

But as always nice to hear back from you Miss Z, glad all is well with the rats!

I sure miss the photos and hope to see some soon! Marry Christmas! :)

kittycats_delight
12-14-2007, 03:18 PM
((((((((((((((ZARA)))))))))))))))))) Glad you see you back....now listen to me and don't overdo things and make yourself ill ok. I know these things are most important but so is your health. If you need an small break in between take it. It is much better to take a breather than to end up sick right?

No more preachy preachy. :p

Glad to hear everyone is doing well. Maybe I will catch you on Gabbly. I have been a little busy myself so haven't been on much. Take care of you and hope you catch you soon.

more (((((HUGS)))))
Michelle

Karen
12-14-2007, 04:27 PM
Sending you big hugs, and some (virtual) figgy pudding!

moosmom
12-14-2007, 11:18 PM
Welcome Back Zara!!!! I hope to see more of you during the holidays ;)

K9karen
12-15-2007, 12:07 AM
Hi Zara! Hope you can relax during the holidays! I think you deserve it! I used to have lots of Pen-Pals in the UK and they had so much more homework and exams than I ever did! Good Luck Sweetie! Have a Happy Holiday!

Miss Z
12-15-2007, 10:59 AM
Thank you everyone! It's good to be back :D

Miss Z
05-22-2008, 05:55 AM
I thought I'd update this thread rather than starting a new one on the same topic ;).

Seems like I haven't been on these boards for a very, very long time! This year has just been so hectic. At the moment I'm slap-bang in the middle of my GCSE exams and most of my free time has been spent revising. Thankfully today I have half an hour to spare as I've taken a day study leave.

I'm well, and the exams seem to be going fairly smoothly so far. I never like to say exams are easy as I would hate to jinx the results :p, but I know I've put as much effort as I can into them and fingers crossed I'll get the results I'm after. I was very pleased with how my French and German speaking tests went (having to learn off by heart an essay, together with about 40 paragraph-long answers to certain questions, as well as an off-the-cuff role-play isn't one of my strong points!).

On a sad note, however, Twilight seems to have gone downhill very suddenly. She's been getting more and more lethargic and today she just doesn't want to know. I held her in my hand and she didn't seem to have the strength to hold her head up. Usually when the gerbils wake up, she'll start scurrying around with Ebony, but if Ebony jumps on her back to try to play, she doesn't even flinch. I think the end is near. I'm pretty heartbroken over it as she's always been the gerbil I seemed to bond with the most. Of course I'm clinging on to the hope she'll have a miraculous turnaround, but when you see your beloved pet acting like she is now,you just know in the back of your mind what's going to happen. :(

I hope everyone and their pets here are well and I look forward to chatting with you all again very soon.

Zara

moosmom
05-22-2008, 07:46 AM
A big

WELCOME BACK SWEETHEART!!!!!

I've missed you so much and glad you're back online again!!!

I'm sorry to hear about Twilight. I hope she pulls through.

Winkie isn't as active as he used to be. I've tried every kind of nut, fruit and veggies and he just doesn't seem interested. He's a year old and has a couple of lumps in his "private" area. I try to let him out so he can get some exercise. But he just sits in the corner of the living room grooming himself.

Lilith Cherry
05-22-2008, 08:01 AM
Hi there Zara!

Glad to know the exams are going okay for you - I will keep my fingers crossed for great results!

Sorry to hear that Twilight is not doing too well. I hope he feels better today!

Lots of love,

Lilith

Killearn Kitties
05-22-2008, 09:29 AM
How nice to see you, although I did think that the football would make you post at least once. :p

Good luck with the rest of those exams. I will keep my fingers crossed for you. :D

Karen
05-22-2008, 09:34 AM
Welcome back, good to hear from you, and I hope the rest of your exams go fabulously well!

Miss Z
05-25-2008, 04:09 PM
Thank you, everybody.

Sadly, I did lose little Twilight (see thread here (http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?p=2016665#post2016665)) :(

It is very good to be (sort of) back!

chocolatepuppy
05-25-2008, 05:03 PM
Hi Zara, good to hear from you! You have been missed. I'm glad things are good with you(with the exception of Twilight's passing:() Hope to see you around.:D

Alysser
05-25-2008, 05:31 PM
Welcome back, Zara!! :D It's great to have you back. Hope you stay back for awhile now.

carole
05-25-2008, 06:55 PM
so lovely to see you back on PT, i always enjoy your posts, and it is great that you are so committed to your schooling, my daughter is like that too, i don't know what year you are in, but she is 15 nearly 16 an has her first important exams this week and next, never seems to be a week where she does not have a test or two, so i can imagine how heavy the workload can be at times, you take care of yourself, eat well, rest well,and study hard and you will do just fine,think positive thoughts, i hope your memory does you well in your exams ,take care and the best of luck to you,YOU CAN DO IT.:love: