PDA

View Full Version : I'm so sad

Medusa
12-13-2007, 04:41 PM
I posted this in General but I know that most of my PT friends are here on Cat General and right now I sure could use a shoulder, if only virtual.

My son was here visiting for a week and he left today. He'll be back for Xmas and I don't want to appear to be a big baby but we see each other so little. He travels so much that he gets to visit here usually only twice a year for approximately a week at a time. I go out to LA to visit him maybe once a year. I'm working on a budget so that I can go out there to see him more often. It just isn't natural for a mother to see her son 2 weeks out of 52 a year. He feels just as bad about it as I do. I cry all day the day he leaves, I guess because I'm never sure when I'm going to see him again. I'm just a mess right now. He's a really good son, very attentive and he helps me so much when he comes home that I feel guilty; paints for me, cleans gutters, all the stuff I'm finding it increasingly difficult to do. But besides that, he gets me. He makes me laugh and he motivates me to be a better person. He's the most important person in the world to me and I feel an actual pain in my heart when he leaves, as though my heart is closing up. I'm sorry if I sound whiney. I just to had to get this out. I miss my boy. And so does my fur posse, especially Boo Bear. He's really my son's cat and has been sticking to me like glue since my son left. And Creamsicle is going from room to room looking for him. That sure doesn't make any of this easier.

Queen of Poop
12-13-2007, 04:48 PM
I know it's sad, but he will be back in 12 days for Christmas.

I feel bad that I've not visited my parents in 2 years. But they've not made the effort to see me in 6. They're retired and have all the time in the world. I work.

Hugs for you sweetie, and for all your kitties.

catmandu
12-13-2007, 04:55 PM
I Regret Now Of Course That I Only Saw My Parents On A Sporadic Basis, Especially My Dera Mother. I Kept Thinking That I Should See Her More Often, And Then One Day It Was Too Late.
I Hope She Comes By And See Us At The Hotel And I Know Shes Looking After All Our Angel Pets And Having A Great Time.
Its A Shame When Jobs Force Families To Be Distant, And Things Are So Rushed These Days That Theres No A Lot Of Spare Time Anymore.
The Cats In The Cradle.

Medusa
12-13-2007, 05:11 PM
Well, it isn't for lack of trying, that's for sure. My son's work takes him all over the U.S. And I work, too, plus I have the fur posse to think of. I have a wonderful friend who's also my catsitter but her dad is dying of pancreatic cancer and she's spending as much time as possible w/him. I certainly don't want to impose on her and if she was to cat sit for me and something would happen to her dad, I would feel awful and would have to fly back home anyhow.

catfamily
12-13-2007, 08:14 PM
Your son sounds so sweet.You don't find that too often when your children help around the house when visiting just a short time.And to be a nice kid on top of that,and to be the one to always lift your spirits up.
It sounds like you both have a very special unique bond that will always be cherished by you both.
Your both very fortunate to have each other.I love hearing things like this,when blood relatives whether your children ,siblings, parents or grandparents,that are so close that it hurts when they are not around.
I am so happy for you.Maybe it would would make you unsad...knowing how
lucky you are to have such a great relationship with him.Smile :)
your very very fortunate. :)

Medusa
12-13-2007, 09:01 PM
Yes, I agree, I am very fortunate. Thank you for that. :)

phesina
12-14-2007, 11:04 AM
Oh Mary... big hugs and head-bumpies to you.

Your son is a treasure, and the relationship you and he share is a pearl beyond price. No wonder you and your kitties miss him so much.

Love from Pat and cats

kimlovescats
12-14-2007, 12:18 PM
Awww, sweetheart, I am so sorry!!!! So far I have not been separated from my girls, but I know one day it is bound to happen. I can only imagine how I would feel being so far apart from them! Thank GOD for cell phones and the internet now though. Just think how awful it would have been in the "olden" days! ;) I hope this made you smile just a bit! I know an e-mail or voice on the phone isn't quite the same as an in-the-flesh hug, but it's something anyway, right?

Don't feel bad at all about posting this here! I think all of "us" moms can pretty much understand!

(((((((((HUGS))))))))))
Kim

moosmom
12-14-2007, 12:33 PM
Oh Mary, I know how you feel. When I was in Michigan for 3 years, I missed my daughter so much. Not to mention my friends.

Hang in there. He'll be back. I know the "empty" feeling you get inside when they're away. I had the same emptiness for 3 years till I finally realized, "DUH!!! Why don't I just move BACK to Connecticut???"

Have a wonderful holiday with your son and family. Cherish every moment you have with them.

Medusa
12-14-2007, 12:36 PM
I hope this made you smile just a bit! I know an e-mail or voice on the phone isn't quite the same as an in-the-flesh hug, but it's something anyway, right?

Yes, it sure is. I just got an email from my son who's in MI right now and here's an excerpt from it:

I know I always feel more positive after I leave when I visit, and I would like to see you more too...that's why I want to be a success so I can move you out at least closer where the weather is better and you'll feel better...but in the mean time, we can work something out where we see each other more...I'd like to you to come out my way when it's cold there in Ohio so you have some decent weather...

we're closer at 2100 miles apart than many are in their own back yard. My friend Mikey saw his folks for the first time in 5 years this year...and I would never want that

I love you, and you know that you're my favorite most important person too, right?
G

Medusa
12-14-2007, 12:44 PM
Have a wonderful holiday with your son and family. Cherish every moment you have with them.

My son is pretty much all the family I have. I do have one sister left in PA but she acts as though OH is across the globe and she's only visited me once since I left home at 18. If I want to see her, I have to drive to PA, which I do, but it would be nice if she made an effort once in a while. Consequently, we've never had a holiday together because she won't drive here and when I was married, our house was where everyone congregated. Since my divorce 13 years ago, I've made it a point to still have a house full, especially to invite those who have no family and/or nowhere to go. I've even offered to drive to PA to get my sister and bring her here but she just won't budge. I had 4 sisters and 3 brothers at one point in life, all but one deceased now. I'm close to my sister and her daughter (my niece) but apparently family means different things to different people. To me, family is as family does. I've made some good friends who I consider to be family and they're the ones that I surround myself with during the holidays and always.

Thanx so much for listening, friends. You have no idea of how comforting it is to reach out across the miles and receive the hugs and compassion that I so desperately needed. My friends are here for me but when I call I feel as though I'm imposing on their busy day. My PT friends sure came through for me.

pitc9
12-14-2007, 12:46 PM
It's so hard dealing with loved ones that don't live near by.

My oldest sister lives is Missouri and she's the only one that's not in Ohio. She has a 6 year old daughter that we only get to see twice a year. :(
It's so sad when she comes here and to see how much she's grown and it makes you realize how much you've missed.

{{{HUGS}} to you.
Is sure sounds like he's very, very close to your heart and he souds like a wonderful young man.

No matter where he is, he's always close to you.