PDA

View Full Version : I'm so sad

Medusa
12-13-2007, 04:29 PM
My son was here visiting for a week and he left today. He'll be back for Xmas and I don't want to appear to be a big baby but we see each other so little. He travels so much that he gets to visit here usually only twice a year for approximately a week at a time. I go out to LA to visit him maybe once a year. I'm working on a budget so that I can go out there to see him more often. It just isn't natural for a mother to see her son 2 weeks out of 52 a year. He feels just as bad about it as I do. I cry all day the day he leaves, I guess because I'm never sure when I'm going to see him again. I'm just a mess right now. He's a really good son, very attentive and he helps me so much when he comes home that I feel guilty; paints for me, cleans gutters, all the stuff I'm finding it increasingly difficult to do. But besides that, he gets me. He makes me laugh and he motivates me to be a better person. He's the most important person in the world to me and I feel an actual pain in my heart when he leaves, as though my heart is closing up. I'm sorry if I sound whiney. I just to had to get this out. I miss my boy. And so does my fur posse, especially Boo Bear. He's really my son's cat and has been sticking to me like glue since my son left. And Creamsicle is going from room to room looking for him. That sure doesn't make any of this easier.

joycenalex
12-13-2007, 05:21 PM
i'm sorry this is so hard for both of you. can you move out near him? ((hugs))

Medusa
12-13-2007, 05:31 PM
can you move out near him? ((hugs))

I wish. He wants me to and we've talked about it but the cost of housing in LA is ridiculous. I could never get a house for the money I paid for this one in OH. I wouldn't even mind downsizing a bit but it still isn't financially feasible. Plus I moved out to AZ, then back to OH 10 years ago. The thought of moving cross country again is exhausting but I'd do it if I could afford it.

Thanx for the hugs. I needed it. :(

lizbud
12-13-2007, 05:39 PM
I'm sorry you feel sad. :( How old is your son? Do you two talk on the
phone much? I'm always able to talk to my children even when they live
far away in different states. It really helps to maintain the close feelings
you get with a visit. Well, for me anyway. :)

ScottieMommy
12-13-2007, 05:40 PM
I know how you feel, my aunt is a very busy women she runs a farm and lives very far from me. I went 7 years without seeing her, untill she had time to visit this year she came in June and left by July 10th, she spent 4th of July with us. She had a baby which is 5 years old now and we met at her 4 years old. I just wish she would come more often down here. When she i felt the same way, i tried not to cry when she left but i could not help it thinking i might see her only 7 years from now and only for a month and a half :( But you are right the pain of a son is much more worse.

Medusa
12-13-2007, 06:04 PM
How old is your son? Do you two talk on the
phone much?

My son is 40. He and I are the same age now. ;) We talk on the phone and email each other a lot and it does help. Being in his energy, though, is so much better, of course.