PDA

View Full Version : Flu shot eeewwww

Sirrahsim
12-13-2007, 02:04 PM
Tyler and I went to the shot clinic today to get our flu shots. I was expecting that they would give each of us a quick needle and we could go on our way. Instead they squirted "flumist" up our noses :eek: It was gross and now it feels like it is just sitting in my throat.... Just thought I'd warn anyone who hasn't gotten their shot yet that you may have to sniff it instead :D

caseysmom
12-13-2007, 02:45 PM
I am surprised they gave that to tyler isn't that a "live" virus? Actually he may be in better shape than most to get the flumist. They didn't give us the mist they gave us the shot but on the form we could have marked that we wanted the mist I just don't know that much about it, you need to follow up with us if you have any flu like symptoms after.

pitc9
12-13-2007, 04:00 PM
Ackk... Sounds nasty!

But at least it's over and done with now! :D

Craftlady
12-13-2007, 04:17 PM
Glad I did the shot.

Felicia's Mom
12-13-2007, 04:28 PM
Glad I did the shot.

Same here!

Sirrahsim
12-13-2007, 04:43 PM
DH has had the mist twice now. Last year he felt crappy for a couple of days but this year he felt fine. The mist is approved for children 2 and up as long as they are healthy.
I'm starting to feel a little weird but it is probably all in my head because I am over analyzing every breath and heartbeat looking for symptoms :rolleyes:

Craftlady
12-13-2007, 05:26 PM
I thought both types of shots (I know shot is non live) that mist/nose one would also be dead virus.

caseysmom
12-13-2007, 06:40 PM
Here is a link about flu mist being a live virus:

http://kidshealth.org/kid/feel_better/things/flu_shot.html