PDA

View Full Version : Cover letter/internships help - immediately.

CountryWolf07
12-13-2007, 01:32 PM
I need help with my cover letter; I am wanting to go into the right direction. I am looking for internships/possibly a job - into the graphic design/multimedia design field. The thing is, I don't have much experience, with design firms/studios - and I am looking to add that to my resume. The only thing I have done was t-shirt design, logo design, a CD cover for a country artist who is linked with Garth Brooks, a drawing/photoshop project for my dad's 25th anniversary for the company he worked at in 2004. Suggestions would be great.. this is my first time applying for internships, by the way.

This is my objective: A position that will build upon my already well-developed abilities to work with multimedia design while furthering my understanding of art and technology.

This is my cover letter:

Dear whom it may concern,

I believe you’ll find few applicants with a background such as mine, and I’d like to put my strong and comprehensive abilities to work for you as one of your hard-working employee.

As you’ll find in my résumé, you have the opportunity to hire an inquisitive, creative, and passionate graphic artist. I feel I’m an ideal candidate based not only on my art education, but with my innovative and hardworking abilities, I am committed to my artistic talents. Currently I am a student at the Ohio State University, majoring in Art and a minor in Design. I will receive a Bachelor’s of Art in Art next Winter 08’ or Spring 09’.

Until a few years ago, you may be interested to know that I was deaf. I've since made the decision to receive a cochlear implant, a device which allowed me to hear everything for the first time. I have learned that I have a great appreciation for music more than any other sounds. The procedure has granted me the opportunity to appreciate the wild in ways I had never been able to before. However, due to my deafness, I have always turned to art as communication throughout life, and without it, I am incomplete. I'm fully able to speak with and listen to my peers as well as communicate in sign language. Suffice to say, I have had unique challenges throughout my life, but I have not let them stop me from achieving my goals.

I believe an interview would best allow me to illustrate my capabilities to you. I greatly appreciate your consideration and am looking forward to hearing from you so that we can discuss a potential position in more detail. Thank you very much, and looking forward to hearing from you.

Randi
12-13-2007, 01:55 PM
I like what you have written, but I think you need to specify on what level your skills are in Illustrator, Photoshop and InDesign, as they are the programmes used in most of the companies dealing with design/illustrations/layout.

Good luck! :)