PDA

View Full Version : new addition...

belles_momma15
08-11-2002, 06:28 PM
Well, we got a new puppy in our house, and I know I need to give them all the attention that i always have,and i love them with all my heart, but it's hard to when i've got to keep an eye on our puppy, too. Does anyone have any suggestions? I know this is a very stupid post, but I've got 3 babies to watch after now.

Aspen and Misty
08-11-2002, 06:40 PM
I agree it is hard. We got Chewy (my puppy) one of those exersise pens for outside adn keep it in the family room. So that when I can't watch him he stay in there. I also thought it would be hard to give the others attentino because we have 2 dogs and I thought Teddy wouldn't get as much attention but he almost seems to get more now cause everyone wants to make Teddy feel special. There are other animals in the house but I personally only have 4 or the 13. I don't know if you have ever owned rats but they take alot of time out of my day (not complaining) But balencing my time between my two rats chewy and MIsty(my cat) I thougth would be hard but it almost just come naturlly. i would get your puppy sometype of a pen or a crate so tha when you cna't watch him or her they can be in there.

Ash

Dogz
08-11-2002, 09:57 PM
quote:
I agree it is hard. We got Chewy (my puppy) one of those exersise pens for outside adn keep it in the family room. So that when I can't watch him he stay in there. I also thought it would be hard to give the others attentino because we have 2 dogs and I thought Teddy wouldn't get as much attention but he almost seems to get more now cause everyone wants to make Teddy feel special. There are other animals in the house but I personally only have 4 or the 13. I don't know if you have ever owned rats but they take alot of time out of my day (not complaining) But balencing my time between my two rats chewy and MIsty(my cat) I thougth would be hard but it almost just come naturlly. i would get your puppy sometype of a pen or a crate so tha when you cna't watch him or her they can be in there.
[qoute]
I agree!
Just make sure that the puppy has enough room to move around in, because if he/she dosen't he/she might get stiff.

My pug Otis use to have a little crate, but when he came out of the crate, he was so stiff! So we gave him a big one for medium or large dogs. I put toys and stuff in there so he can play with them.
You could even have a outdoor playpen. You can find those in many pet magazines. They are in Jeffer's pet magazines if you have ever heard of those. They have a lot of stuff in there.
Good Luck!!!
BTW! Welcome to Pet Talk!:D

belles_momma15
08-12-2002, 03:25 PM
Thanks for the advice!!! I think that I might get her a pen, the only problem is, I'll have to get a high one because she can jump things...:)