PDA

View Full Version : Just catching up...with a few photos...

finn's mom
12-13-2007, 12:23 AM
Hello, everyone! Some of you know me, some of you may not...and those of you who do know me may not care to hear about how I've been, but I know there are a handful of people who think of me every so often. So, for those... I will update! :D

First of all, I am sorry I don't get to hang out here like I used to. The internet is one of my "traps" in life and I try very diligently (although I need to try even harder!) to avoid getting sucked in too often.

Let me just say that life is good. I have been back in Texas with David for a year and eight months now, and we are really getting our relationship on track. It has not been an easy journey, and I have actually had to move out of his house for the last five months. But, we are working on ourselves and the relationship and are making huge strides.

My friend that I have been living with when I'm not at David's, which is more and more again, I'm happy to say, adopted a dog a few months ago, and he is an absolute doll. He has stayed at the house with David and I a few times now and everyone gets along great. His big name is Chauncey Hoss, but he goes almost exclusively by Hoss. He's a Corgi mix.

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a86/southcarolinalife/Hoss027.jpg

Much of my happiness can be attested to Discovery! If you want to know more about how to live a better, more purposeful life and just be happier overall...check out www.discovery-training.com. It's performed miracles, and that's all I'll say about it. :)

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a86/southcarolinalife/DSCN1797.jpg

The fur family is doing very well. Finn's last dock jumping competition was with Splash Dogs in October, where he placed fifth with a jump of 19'1, I believe. His best jump of the weekend was an inch over that. We had tons of fun, as we always do, and can't wait for the new year to bring on some new events!

Freckles and Dudley are doing great, as well. They are all even cuddlier now that the weather's turned cold. All are healthy and happy! We have gone down to Louisiana a few times and all the dogs always have a great time!

This is the scene in David's parents' yard...

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a86/southcarolinalife/LouisianaSept07231.jpg

Freckles whispering sweet nothings in Finn's ear. ;)

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a86/southcarolinalife/Hoss041.jpg

I added a pet rat to my little family, her name is Kitty and she was rehomed with me a few months ago and is almost two years old. She's a cutie. :)

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a86/southcarolinalife/DSC_3335.jpg

Our aquarium has grown, too...we have a Needlenose fish named Donzi (pronounced like Bonsai), a dragonfish named Falcor, a very large fantail goldfish named Punkin (we haven't had him long, and I'm not sure if the name will stick), and an elephant nose knife fish named Merrick. We also have some plecostamus and some smaller fish that we haven't named.

Work is going great for me and for David. He is back with a company he used to work for, where he really missed his coworkers. It's a much further commute, but it's worth it. He is still trying to sell his house, which will hopefully happen in early 2008. I was recently trained as a bookkeeper at the grocery store I work at, and will be hopefully transferred to a new store next year where I can actually be the lead bookkeeper, which is a decent promotion for me.

Again, life is good. I am in a peaceful place, and strive to stay there as often as I can. I hope you are all having an amazing Holiday season.

BitsyNaceyDog
12-13-2007, 07:32 AM
Oh Kari, it's good to hear from you. You sound so positive and I'm glad everything is going so well for you!

pitc9
12-13-2007, 08:16 AM
Thanks for the update!
I've noticed you were posting yesterday and was thinking of pm'ing you to see how things are!

I LOVE the picture of Freckles and Finn!! Too Cute! The look on Finn's face is priceless! The poor boy!
Hoss is a cutie! LOVE the huge ears!

I'm so glad to hear you're doing great! You sure have things in order and know how to keep it all that way!
I'm so happy for you!
{{{{HUGS}}}}

Wishing you the Merriest Christmas EVER!! :D
And a New Year filled with life, love and happiness!!!

finn's mom
12-13-2007, 09:10 AM
I'm so glad to hear you're doing great! You sure have things in order and know how to keep it all that way!

Thanks for the replies, guys. As for this, I wish! hahahaha, I'm just a firm believer in positive thinking, but that's not to say that I don't succumb to negative energy because I do. Things aren't quite in order, yet, but they're getting there. ;)

K9soul
12-14-2007, 07:54 AM
Kari,

It's great to "hear" from you and such a positive update, although you usually take the most positive outlook which is awesome! Your photos are beautiful. You've come such a long way with your photography in the past couple years. What camera are you using now? Though of course it's the one that holds the camera that determines a lot of how good the pictures are ;). I know you don't like getting too caught up in a lot of internet time, but as I said before, don't be too much a stranger :).

Pawsitive Thinking
12-14-2007, 08:28 AM
What a lovely post to read :D

Medusa
12-14-2007, 01:14 PM
I don't think we've "met" but the pix and update filled me in. You appear to be happy and your fur family does as well. Love the pix of them, especially the pooch w/the corgi mix. I LOVE corgies. What am I saying, I love all critters. Welcome back and glad to hear you're doing well.

finn's mom
12-16-2007, 08:33 PM
Thanks for the comments! Things weren't great today, but I'm trying my best to be positive. ;) Overall though, things are still awesome!