PDA

View Full Version : Saved a MANX cat but needs a loving home

Skooter
12-12-2007, 12:36 PM
Very sorry to bother you, but do you know of a loving person/home here in OC that will take my precious saved cat. I have my other 3, has gotten out of his area and beat up all 3 one at a time that is. Been here over 2 months and he wants to attack them when I have him on the leash/harness I got him. All they do is yawn or stretch and he wants to attack. This isn't working at all, no matter what I do and I feel my heart breaking again just thinking/knowing I have to let him go. He is sooooo attached to me and he is a true sweety to people. Can you forward this to others you know here? I love him deeply and vice versa BUT at this point, he's never going to change and I can't keep him contained in my room & hallway and the thing I made out here in the livingroom for him to see the others/vice versa. I feel horrrrrrrible.Dr. gave pills to give him but havn't tried because I guess I feel like animals should not be drugged just because of their personality. ugh!!!

Freedom
12-12-2007, 04:10 PM
Hi Scooter --

Welcome to PT!

I am not sure where you are located? I think you said, "OC," but I don't recognize where that may be.

While you are thinking about rehoming, you may also wish to try one of these calming sprays. Here is a thread with the names of quite a few items to consider:

http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?t=136158

I think people found the diffusers didn't always solve the problem; but having something on the collar and spraying on that did help. Do not spray directly on the cat!

Best wishes! He is a cute kitty!

catmandu
12-12-2007, 05:06 PM
I WISH I COULD HELP BUT THERE ARE TEN CATS HERE AND TMIGHT NOT GET ALONG WITH HIM EITHER. I BET MIQUELITO WOULD LIKE SCAPPING BACK AS HES A FEISTY ONE,

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v621/catmandu/cat%20photos%202/cats1011585.jpg

WE PRAY THAT YOU CAN FIND A FURREVER HOME WHERE HE WILL BE TOP CAT.

Uabassoon
12-12-2007, 07:42 PM
If we weren't having issues here with Tuna and Corkscrew I would snatch him up in a second! Thank you for saving, and good luck finding him a great home.

Catty1
12-12-2007, 08:20 PM
OC = Orange County. I was pm'ing everyone in CA about this before, just before the fires broke out! This lady is on a limited income, has 3 cats already, and had to pay an extra $300 damage deposit to take this boy in!
Please see original posting below, and note bolded print. If he can even get to the Irvine no-kill, that would really help!

Skooter - did you use the Petfinder link I posted in the Rescue thread?

From Queen Scoopalot:

REPLY TO:

Sent: Tuesday, October 16, 2007 5:13 PM
Subject: I was told to contact you........plz read and can you help SOMEHOW?????

First of all this is NOT a sob story. An adorable orange/white with swirls on his side cat and totally NO tail was abandoned 2 months ago by people that live in this complex. He's only about a year old and has been roaming/hiding everyday and night. Stupid people throw things at him to chase him away etc. Picture this please......every night at 7 I look for him and I take a thick blanket for me to sit on in front of my car in carport so no one will see me. I put a blanket in my lap because he trusts me enough to jump in my lap ready to be loved and wrapped up to keep him warm and I cover him up with the blankey. He is craving human attention so much it makes me cry FOR REAL cry while I'm holding him and look in his eyes. He shivers when he's covered, I think he's getting sick from living outside and not eating much because he hides all day. I can tell he's starving by the time I see him because of how fast and how much he eats. About 20 or so of no food or water for
him. His meow sounds like he has laryngitis and he has a stuffy nose, can hear it when he's breathing. He honestly is a true sweety. I also think he's partially blind, maybe because of malnutrition and his spine bones and the rest of him are boney for sure. When I go downstairs I take wet and dry food, bowls, warm watered down milk to feed him and more than just once. I have to sneak everything I do because people have told on me to the manager and I have gotten TOLD not to feed the cat they DO NOT want any strays on the property. Umm what about the stray people around here ahem! Thus, I sneak everything I do for the one I named Angel. After awhile, I start freezing myself because it gets cold and I'm down there awhile, come upstairs up and down up and down worrying about him. As like many other nights, I have sat in front of my car from 10 p.m. to 1:15 a.m. with him in the blankey just like lastnight. Him in my lap all wrapped up him looking up at me with his eyes all wet
like he's crying and sad and I always do the same darn thing CRY CRY when he's with me and when he's not....I worry so much and love him. I can't bring him in my apt. I already have 3 and the manager would surely kick me out, she's the type that would and may do so when she AGAIN finds out I am still feeding him. As I write this, here I go again just allllllways crying from a broken heart about HIS broken heart. I found a no kill/low kill place in Irvine that I can take him too where he will have a warm place to sleep, food, water and medical care to be adopted out when he's ready. Know that's true because a friend works there but not at the front counter.

Problem is, you have to have Irvine ID or they won't take animals from anywhere else. I don't, I live in Santa Ana and don't know anyone out there to help me save him and FAST. Maintenance set traps out to catch him plus it's cold and wet out at night and God knows what will happen to him, health and otherwise. Already been weeks that have gone by with me helping him and he's just getting worse/health and being hurt by others. I rented a trap to save him but can't get him til I am positive someone will meet me there and help me and him by showing Irvine ID and saying he was saved from your complex etc. Is there anyone out there that will help him??? and FAST.......Please God bring the right person to help Angel kitty before it's too late. Thank You!

Emeraldgreen
12-13-2007, 01:09 AM
Hi Skooter, he sure is a handsome boy. I think you are so wonderful for taking the time to protect him and nourish him. I read Catty1's post below and it sounds like you really saved him from a miserable existance. I know it must be so hard to have him in one room and your cats in another but I was so relieved to read that he was no longer outside and vulnerable to the people who throw things at him and the maintenance people who want to trap him and then do who knows what to him!
I hope you will be able to hang onto him until someone in your area can help. I wish I could do something but I live in Canada. As Freedom mentioned, if you can get a can of the calming spray (which is available at PetsMart and Petcetra and is cheaper than the version sold at vet clinics) it might help relax him so he's not feeling so aggressive. It might just be that he knows you saved him and he wants to keep you and he may think your other 3 cats might jeopordize this.
If you can pick up some Rescue Remedy at the health food store you can put some in his water or food (check with the health food store for dosage) and it should also calm him. These are not drugs and could make the time between now and when he is able to get to that shelter easier for you and him and your other cats. I do hope that you will find a way not to put him back outside though. Hang in there!

Anikaca77
12-13-2007, 07:42 AM
Catty1

Did this lady find a home for the baby or is this the baby that Scooter is offering?

OC = Orange County. I was pm'ing everyone in CA about this before, just before the fires broke out! This lady is on a limited income, has 3 cats already, and had to pay an extra $300 damage deposit to take this boy in!
Please see original posting below, and note bolded print. If he can even get to the Irvine no-kill, that would really help!

Skooter - did you use the Petfinder link I posted in the Rescue thread?

From Queen Scoopalot:

REPLY TO:

Sent: Tuesday, October 16, 2007 5:13 PM
Subject: I was told to contact you........plz read and can you help SOMEHOW?????

First of all this is NOT a sob story. An adorable orange/white with swirls on his side cat and totally NO tail was abandoned 2 months ago by people that live in this complex. He's only about a year old and has been roaming/hiding everyday and night. Stupid people throw things at him to chase him away etc. Picture this please......every night at 7 I look for him and I take a thick blanket for me to sit on in front of my car in carport so no one will see me. I put a blanket in my lap because he trusts me enough to jump in my lap ready to be loved and wrapped up to keep him warm and I cover him up with the blankey. He is craving human attention so much it makes me cry FOR REAL cry while I'm holding him and look in his eyes. He shivers when he's covered, I think he's getting sick from living outside and not eating much because he hides all day. I can tell he's starving by the time I see him because of how fast and how much he eats. About 20 or so of no food or water for
him. His meow sounds like he has laryngitis and he has a stuffy nose, can hear it when he's breathing. He honestly is a true sweety. I also think he's partially blind, maybe because of malnutrition and his spine bones and the rest of him are boney for sure. When I go downstairs I take wet and dry food, bowls, warm watered down milk to feed him and more than just once. I have to sneak everything I do because people have told on me to the manager and I have gotten TOLD not to feed the cat they DO NOT want any strays on the property. Umm what about the stray people around here ahem! Thus, I sneak everything I do for the one I named Angel. After awhile, I start freezing myself because it gets cold and I'm down there awhile, come upstairs up and down up and down worrying about him. As like many other nights, I have sat in front of my car from 10 p.m. to 1:15 a.m. with him in the blankey just like lastnight. Him in my lap all wrapped up him looking up at me with his eyes all wet
like he's crying and sad and I always do the same darn thing CRY CRY when he's with me and when he's not....I worry so much and love him. I can't bring him in my apt. I already have 3 and the manager would surely kick me out, she's the type that would and may do so when she AGAIN finds out I am still feeding him. As I write this, here I go again just allllllways crying from a broken heart about HIS broken heart. I found a no kill/low kill place in Irvine that I can take him too where he will have a warm place to sleep, food, water and medical care to be adopted out when he's ready. Know that's true because a friend works there but not at the front counter.

Problem is, you have to have Irvine ID or they won't take animals from anywhere else. I don't, I live in Santa Ana and don't know anyone out there to help me save him and FAST. Maintenance set traps out to catch him plus it's cold and wet out at night and God knows what will happen to him, health and otherwise. Already been weeks that have gone by with me helping him and he's just getting worse/health and being hurt by others. I rented a trap to save him but can't get him til I am positive someone will meet me there and help me and him by showing Irvine ID and saying he was saved from your complex etc. Is there anyone out there that will help him??? and FAST.......Please God bring the right person to help Angel kitty before it's too late. Thank You!

Catty1
12-13-2007, 09:19 AM
The cat she saved needs a home. He can also go to the no kill shelter in Irvine, but she does not have Irvine ID.

If someone in Irvine could take him there, that would be great. If someone could take him HOME, that would be greater! :)

Medusa
12-13-2007, 11:08 AM
I respect your opinion on not wanting to drug your cat but if given the correct medication and w/the proper dosage, it shouldn't affect him in a negative way at all. I have one male, Specs, who used to attack one of my other males, Boo, until I put him on Clomicalm. It does not drug him into a stupor, change his personality, make him listless or any other bad side effect. It simply makes him the nice cat that I know he wants to be. Now he and Boo sleep side by side, sometimes even snuggled together. I'm not trying to sell Clomicalm but it saved me a world of grief and what's even better is that I got to keep Specs after all and didn't have to rehome him. If you're open to discussion about it, please PM me and I can give you more details. Good luck. :)

Catty1
12-13-2007, 11:48 PM
Skooter - you have a friend at the Irvine shelter, and she does not work at the front desk.

But would she not know someone in Irvine who could take Angel there for you?

hugs!

Anikaca77
12-14-2007, 12:12 PM
Where is Orange County?

MyCatMowgli
12-14-2007, 05:20 PM
Where is Orange County?

Between San Diego and Los Angeles Counties.