PDA

View Full Version : computer HELP! Everything got bigger(details follow)

Catty1
12-10-2007, 11:21 PM
Well, I got all fired up with the MDCONFIG and the Pre-whatever files and stuff posted here yesterday...so I revisited my Add/Remove programs in Control Panel.

I saw a program I did NOT recognize, so removed it.

IT WAS the SOFTWARE AND DRIVER for my video card. So all my fonts and icons and EVERYTHING gradually got bigger, and bigger and bigger...

The stuff got reinstalled, and the growth spurt is at an end. HOWEVER, I have been through the Display folder several times, and cannot seem to change the size of EVERYTHING back to the way it was. :(

I'm running Windows XP. Is there some other program I should be accessing to do this?

Thanks!

Twisterdog
12-10-2007, 11:35 PM
Ooooooh, sorry to open Pandora's Proverbial Box of Driver Death. :o

I know exactly how you feel, though, I've been dinking around with the puter since yesterday, too. I think I might actually have it booting up a little faster.

The only way I know to change the size of things is in Display, Settings. I'm sure you've tried all that though.

Hope some smart person helps you!

Catty1
12-10-2007, 11:45 PM
Yeah...I guess I don't know WHAT to change in Display.

Made the writing go really really tiny for a while...under still-too-big icons! :D

G535
12-11-2007, 01:17 AM
Right click on desktop, properties, settings and change the resolution. It's probably gone back to default vga resolution when you got rid of the drivers!

critters
12-11-2007, 09:25 AM
Right click on desktop, properties, settings and change the resolution. It's probably gone back to default vga resolution when you got rid of the drivers!
Yes--my res gets messed up every time my batteries get too low.

Catty1
12-11-2007, 10:06 AM
ARGH....I had to do a search for Desktop...not in Cont Panel...

I found the versions in Windows, I think - but there were no "settings" when I right clicked on Properties.

Also...the type and pics are bigger here, in my email, websites, everything. :(

Craftlady
12-11-2007, 11:00 AM
Right click (anywhere on your desk top)
Click "properties" - this will open up a menu

Menu items to chose from are:
Themes
Desktop
Screen Savor
Appearance
Settings

Click on "appearance"
(make sure your front size is "normal" if not click on the box to make it that way.

Click on "settings"
Those are your monitor settings, you may have to go into advanced to "tweek".