PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone read the Warriors books?

caffeitina
12-10-2007, 08:41 PM
I know we're all cat lovers here, so I was wondering... Has anyone out here read the Warriors books by Erin Hunter? I'm a teen librarian and, considering these books are so popular with the kids, I let my curiosity get the better of me and decided to check one out. That was a month ago, and now I'm HOOKED!! lol I've read nearly every single book in both the series (except the ones I've got on interloan) plus the spinoff edition and the magna. The stories are full of adventure, suspense, mystery, and romance, and the character development is fantastic. And best of all, they're all about cats! :D

If anyone wants to check out the books, here's a link to the website:

Warrior Cats Books (www.warriorcats.com)

Freedom
12-11-2007, 07:38 AM
Yup, Karlyb mentioned them in a thread in Other General about a month ago, and I started getting them from my library as well. I refer to the web site to read them in order. What great series, I am enjoying it so VERY much! And from my work with feral colonies, I can say I feel that most of it is quite accurate. (Not the way they "fall in love," but hey, these are for teens!)

critters
12-11-2007, 09:20 AM
I was surprised that I didn't prefer them. :eek:

catmandu
12-11-2007, 09:20 AM
Thank You For This Idea, And The Great Thing Is That I Am Already In The Library. Talk About Good Timing.

caffeitina
12-11-2007, 01:59 PM
Thank You For This Idea, And The Great Thing Is That I Am Already In The Library. Talk About Good Timing.

You're welcome :)

Freedom is right, though. The authors of the series did kind of take a bit of liberty with some of the social interaction (cats falling in love & having psychic visions), as they are written with teens and 'tweens in mind. But they are still fantastic books that pull you right in and keep you wanting to know what happens next.

I hope you enjoy them too.

And maybe you'll even see which of your cats was meant to be Warriors and which are "kittypets" ;)

Tora Oni
12-11-2007, 02:29 PM
I read the first book and some of the second I'm really busy with College and my part time job so I really haven't been into books lately. Consider the amount of reading I do now. My Boyfriend read them he likes them too and so does one of my best friend.

caffeitina
12-11-2007, 03:31 PM
I read the first book and some of the second I'm really busy with College and my part time job so I really haven't been into books lately. Consider the amount of reading I do now. My Boyfriend read them he likes them too and so does one of my best friend.

I hear ya about college and all the homework & reading. I just completed my master's not too long ago, and I pretty much didn't have a life while I was doing my classes. I finally have time for some pleasure reading :)

What are you studying? How close are you to being done?