PDA

View Full Version : Real or not?

animal_rescue
12-10-2007, 05:46 PM
This was on a myspace bulletin, anyone know if this is real or not?

Everyone needs to take the time and read this. Just take a break from all your other stupid bulletins about who is gonna die or if your love life will suck for 7 years and be serious and do the right thing. Repost this or you have no soul seriously. A kid needs our help so do the right thing.
HI my name is Matt Dawson. I am 23 years old, and I have a large tumor on my brain and severe lung cancer. The doctors say I will die soon if this isn't fixed, and my family can't pay the bills. "The Make A Wish Foundation" has agreed to donate 7 cents for every time this message is reposted. For those of you who repost, I thank you so much. But for those who don't repost it, I will still pray for you. Please, if you are a kind person, have a heart. Please, please, PLEASE REPOST THIS MESSAGE!

Matt Dawson
702-355-6198 Home
Please feel free to call me for anything.

*hey it wont cost you but 10 seconds of your life

REPOST AS "Please Pray for Matt

Ginger's Mom
12-10-2007, 06:00 PM
No, it cannot be real as there is no way to monitor how many times something is reposted, forwarded, attached, etc. Just another way to clog up the internet. Now, as to whether this person exists and has a medical problem I have no idea. Also, I have never heard of Make a Wish putting such silly conditions on a payment.

G535
12-10-2007, 06:14 PM
http://www.snopes.com/inboxer/medical/dawson.asp

Check Snopes.com first always! :)

Argranade
12-10-2007, 06:16 PM
Those things freak me out so I never read them LOL.

sirrahved
12-10-2007, 06:39 PM
ooohoooh I'm going to call the number for fun!

Boo it's not in service:(

Twisterdog
12-10-2007, 08:48 PM
No company has ever donated any amount of money for an email forwarded, a text message sent or a message posted. Ever. By default, every one of these is a hoax.

animal_rescue
12-10-2007, 10:37 PM
Ok I was just about 99% sure lol but wanted to double check.

moosmom
12-11-2007, 07:26 AM
That kind of thing really gets to my gut. :mad: Why? Because my daughter WAS diagnosed with a malignant brain tumor at the age of 16. The bills were astronomical!! Make a Wish Foundation makes kids with terminal illnesses wishes come true. I've never heard of them donating money everytime someone makes a hit on a website.

Medusa
12-11-2007, 08:24 AM
You tell us to repost this or we have no soul, then you say that you were 99% sure it's a hoax? I donate to those in my area that I KNOW need money, help, etc. and who are easily checked out. It's too easy to be conned nowadays. And I don't succumb to pressure. Ever.

BitsyNaceyDog
12-11-2007, 10:30 AM
You tell us to repost this or we have no soul, then you say that you were 99% sure it's a hoax? I donate to those in my area that I KNOW need money, help, etc. and who are easily checked out. It's too easy to be conned nowadays. And I don't succumb to pressure. Ever.
She should have put it in a quote box. The part "repost this or we have no soul" was part of the bulletin she was quoting. She then said she herself was quite sure it was a hoax, but wanted to be sure. I hope I helped clear up your confusion.

Medusa
12-11-2007, 10:43 AM
Yes, I guess you're right. Sorry.