PDA

View Full Version : Patrick Henry's little adventure.

G535
12-10-2007, 05:23 PM
At 0545 this morning I was taking the left over cat food outside for the birds when Patrick Henry ran out in front of me. I went into panic mode immediately, lucky for me though Patrick Henry found too many new things to investigate so he was easily caught. Hours later I'm still shaking when I think what might have been. I'll be putting him in his carrier or into another room before I open an outside door again.

Freedom
12-10-2007, 05:30 PM
I know how scary it is when they scoot out and you aren't ready with free hands to snatch and grab! Ebony got past Dad one day last week. I was sneaking around the shrubs trying to ease up on her without spooking her, must have looked a sight in my jammies in the front yard.

Thankfully, you got Patrick Henry inside.

We have started using a water bottle to train all of them to keep away from the doors. Any time, day or night. Maybe that will help. Putting him in a carrier; too much work, you won't follow through. Shooing him into another room, yeah, I have done that many times as well.

Hugs to you, you got him and all is well!

catmandu
12-11-2007, 09:40 AM
The Other day, Juke Joint Joseph almost got out when my Friend Janice came in with the food and a blanket for the Found Ctas as a Petmas gift.
I had both doors open and Joseph started to run, but Janice scooped him up and brought him back.
Like you I was scared as the porch is enclosed and outside Joseph might have pacined seeing a closed door.
I am relieved that Our Bad Boys are inside where they belong, and it teaches us to be vigilant in the future.

catmandu
12-11-2007, 09:40 AM
The Other day, Juke Joint Joseph almost got out when my Friend Janice came in with the food and a blanket for the Found Ctas as a Petmas gift.
I had both doors open and Joseph started to run, but Janice scooped him up and brought him back.
Like you I was scared as the porch is enclosed and outside Joseph might have pacined seeing a closed door.
I am relieved that Our Bad Boys are inside where they belong, and it teaches us to be vigilant in the future.