PDA

View Full Version : Facebook.

Blue Dragonfly
12-10-2007, 05:03 AM
Well i was just wondering how many of you have a facebook account? It would be great to add some friends from pettalk to my friends list.

joycenalex
12-10-2007, 09:08 AM
some of their advertising policies are creeping me out. companies gotta make money, but not off me that way

.sarah
12-10-2007, 09:26 AM
Yeah I have one. I'd prefer people PMed me to get my name and network though, if they want to add me. But anyone can PM me for it, I just don't want to post that publicly where lurkers can see ;)

I prefer facebook to myspace by a mile. Myspace is so skeezy. The only reason I still have my account is to keep up with some friends, mainly a few of my cousins, that don't have facebook. I don't really talk to anyone on there anymore and haven't done anything with my account in a long time. Facebook seems so much safer, and is much cleaner ... all those stupid applications are annoying though, haha.

I didn't have any fun with Facebook until I started college though. I got it a few months before but it is THE way to contact people in college, seriously. Like, the other night I created a group to go over the study guide for one of my finals, then e-mailed everyone to join. A bunch of people joined and we all discussed answers. It was so cool. And, pretty much everyone I've met has one.

I have no idea why I'm going on about facebook ....

But yeah, add me :p

slleipnir
12-10-2007, 10:54 AM
I have facebook. I love it! I didn't want to join at first, but my friend kept telling me to look at stuff so I said whatever I'll just sign up to look...And now I love it!

gini
12-10-2007, 11:04 AM
NO!

Be very careful of Facebook. You would be shocked to learn how they are selling information about you!!

binka_nugget
12-10-2007, 02:23 PM
Here's my profile: http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=545305230

I'm addicted to facebook! It's so fun finding people you haven't seen since preschool and catching up. :D

Alysser
12-10-2007, 03:27 PM
I have one but I rarely go on it. I don't like Facebook as much as Myspace.

cassiesmom
12-10-2007, 03:43 PM
Okay, those of you who are younger and more with it than I am - what is the purpose of a Facebook account? I have a friend from church who just got one. She e-mailed me about it - do you have to be invited to get a FAcebook account? I thought I'd wait awhile and see how my friend likes / uses hers before I decide if I should sign up for one. Does it cost a lot?

G535
12-10-2007, 03:54 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Facebook

Don't think it costs anything to join.

lizbud
12-10-2007, 04:23 PM
No I don't. I am just not a"chatter". It's a character flaw, I guess. :D

binka_nugget
12-10-2007, 04:38 PM
Okay, those of you who are younger and more with it than I am - what is the purpose of a Facebook account? I have a friend from church who just got one. She e-mailed me about it - do you have to be invited to get a FAcebook account? I thought I'd wait awhile and see how my friend likes / uses hers before I decide if I should sign up for one. Does it cost a lot?

It's a social networking site. Anyone can sign up for an account. It's free and lots of fun! You can set it so that your profile is private or public, and add as little or as much information as you want. You can add pictures, videos, applications (like dogbook!).. you'd be amazed with how many old friends you can find through that site!

kuhio98
12-10-2007, 04:39 PM
I know I'm sounding like an old grump these days, but can I suggest you add an item to the poll?

* No, I don't even know what Facebook is and I'm doing just fine not knowing what it is. :p

Felicia's Mom
12-10-2007, 05:03 PM
No, I do not have a Facebook or Myspace account.

mina'smomma
12-10-2007, 05:10 PM
Yeah I have one. I'd prefer people PMed me to get my name and network though, if they want to add me. But anyone can PM me for it, I just don't want to post that publicly where lurkers can see ;)

Same here

coco-bean
12-10-2007, 05:26 PM
i have a facebook account. pm me to get my name and network :)

Taz_Zoee
12-10-2007, 06:00 PM
I know I'm sounding like an old grump these days, but can I suggest you add an item to the poll?

* No, I don't even know what Facebook is and I'm doing just fine not knowing what it is. :p
Agreed! :)

todd
12-10-2007, 08:15 PM
Yes I do all post a link later