PDA

View Full Version : New kitten..bit of a rant..Pictures added.

buttercup132
12-09-2007, 10:18 PM
My parents and sister went to the mall today and stopped in Petland.
My sister found a kitten she thought was really cute and liked and so my parents were contemplating to get it for her for christmas :rolleyes:.
I texted my mom who already knows how much I hate pet stores and gave her the typical shelter cats lectur and they came home without the kitten.
I was so happy at that point and they were looking at shelter kittens.
But noo she had to have a kitten TODAY so they went back and got the one from the stupid pet store..
Don't bash me I tried my hardest to get them to not get it but they still did knowing full well how wrong it is.
I hate the idea of getting a pet store pet but I hate even more of them being christmas presents for kids.

I don't know what her name is but it's a female DL calico.
I'll get pictures later I just wanted to rant.

Here's some pictures.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v713/rockee12331/Hank/IMG_4744.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v713/rockee12331/Hank/IMG_4746.jpg

Medusa
12-10-2007, 07:37 AM
Well, look at it this way: pet store animals need homes, too. I feel the way you do about pet stores but this kitten was still sitting in a cage whether it was a pet store or the humane society or the pound or wherever, at least she now has a home.

Freedom
12-10-2007, 07:40 AM
You did your best. NOW: do NOT hold it against this little kittie; give her all the love and petting she can handle, and let us see her PHOTO! ;)

buttercup132
12-10-2007, 08:58 AM
I know they need homes too but now that just makes room for another kitten to come in and the people to keep breeding.

I'm not holding anything against the kitten, that wouldnt be fair for it to be somewhere that it isn't liked by someone. It's still a cute little kitten and it did nothing wrong.

Maya & Inka's mommy
12-10-2007, 09:23 AM
Awwwwwwwww what te little girl!! The moment I saw her I knew how I would name her : Caramel :)

Freedom
12-10-2007, 09:57 AM
Gorgeous!!! Long hair dilute Calico! OMG! Watch out, she could have one romping personality, te hee!

moosmom
12-10-2007, 10:01 AM
BC,

Well, you tried. Proud of you, girl!

Christmas is a tough time to find kittens. EVERYONE wants kittens. Then a year down the road when these kittens become cats, they're not cute any more. Alot of rescue organizations won't adopt kittens out for Christmas.

It breaks my heart because there are so many loving senior cats out there who just want a nice warm lap and a little loving. :(

columbine
12-10-2007, 10:09 AM
What a lovely little kitten! I just want to pet her soft fluffy fur and hear her little meow. I'm curious to hear what name she ended up with!

Love, Columbine

buttercup132
12-10-2007, 10:19 AM
BC,

Well, you tried. Proud of you, girl!

Christmas is a tough time to find kittens. EVERYONE wants kittens. Then a year down the road when these kittens become cats, they're not cute any more. Alot of rescue organizations won't adopt kittens out for Christmas.

It breaks my heart because there are so many loving senior cats out there who just want a nice warm lap and a little loving. :(Well she obviously won't my parents are a little more responsible like that and know they will be taking care of it. I'm not happy about the situation but I can't do anything, I tried.

jennielynn1970
12-10-2007, 10:44 AM
Were Ducky and Milo and Ivy shelter cats?? I thought they were from a breeder, not saved from a shelter. Maybe I misread previously. :confused:

buttercup132
12-10-2007, 11:25 AM
Ducky and Ivy were cats listed as needing new homes they weren't from a breeder just people giving them away. I think that is the same as getting one from a shelter.
Milo was from a proper breeder.
If there were Sphynx in shelters I would get them from there.
It's a little different when your dealing with a rare breed..
And a little different then getting them from a pet store especialy Petland.

krazyaboutkatz
12-10-2007, 11:38 AM
She's adorable and I'm glad that she found a new loving home before Christmas.:) I hope that she's healthy and will settle in with the others well.:) Like others have said, at least she's not still sitting in a cage.

Grace
12-10-2007, 11:43 AM
She is beautiful - no wonder they couldn't resist her.

Tora Oni
12-10-2007, 01:14 PM
Well at least you gave it a shot, its not your fault they have weak conscious.
I'm kinda happy that most of the petstores in Louisville, KY use pound pups and kittens. So your not getting a breeder pet but there are some that still do that around here but the big ones don't. I hardly think of my Stormy becoming a Senior he could be considered on he turned 7 this July, or at lest I think so. I think its a pretty good idea not to adopt out kittens during the holiday season.

kimlovescats
12-10-2007, 01:55 PM
She is beautiful! I also agree, she needed out of that cage!

catmandu
12-10-2007, 03:58 PM
THE ONLY CAT I GOT FROM A PET STORE WAS POUNCER AND THATS BECAUSE THE STORE OWNER SAW THAT POUNCER WAS GETTING BIGGER AND HE THOUGHT TAHT SHE WAS UGLY.
I KET COMING IN TO SEE HER, AND HE TOLD ME THAT THIS WAS MY LAT CHANCE TO TAKE HER. I LOOKED IN THESE GREEN EYES AND WAS HOOKED.
BUT I DONT LIKE PETLAND EITHER AS THEY CHARGE A LOT OF MONEY FOR CATS AND KITTENS AND A LOT OF TIMES THEY ARE NOT IN GOOD HEALTH.
PLEASE HAVE THE NEW KITTEN TAKEN IN FOR A CHECK UP ASAP!!
SHES CUTE AS A BUTTON !!!! :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:

orangemm
12-10-2007, 05:07 PM
At least you tried. Some folks won't listen, no matter what. But, she is a little darling and I am sure she is happy she has a new home.

carole
12-10-2007, 05:15 PM
Hey she is indeed a beauty, don't be so hard on yourself, you gave them good reasons as to why to adopt from a shelter, they made their choice, you cannot change the world , and i agree with medusa , that precious furbaby needed a home too, that is why when i am looking at pet shop kittens and people are interested , i don't tempt them by saying you can get one at a shelter way cheaper, because then the kittens in the pet store might never get taken.

:)

caffeitina
12-10-2007, 08:45 PM
What a beautiful little kitty! She looks like a real sweetheart. I wouldn't mind getting her for Christmas (sshhhhh! Don't tell Howard and Luna I said that. lol) :D