PDA

View Full Version : Wish Upon a Hero

sumbirdy
12-09-2007, 09:02 PM
Okay I heard about this site from a couple threads on here (sorry I don't remember who posted them) so I went and looked around and found this:

"We have been scraping and scraping looking for money to buy diapers, we are down to 7 diapers left and then my son will be out. We have done everything possibly to be able to get diapers and we can't come up with enough money. maybe someone has some samples or something, he wears a size 4 in diapers.

Also..He eats 2nd foods and we haven't been able to buy him any for the last week cause my husband just got layed off from his job. We are both looking for work and are having no luck. If anyone can PLEASE help..I feel so bad and there is not much else that I can do."
http://www.wishuponahero.com/wishes/?id=10836

Can someone please help this woman and her baby?

Karen
12-09-2007, 09:14 PM
I haven't clicked on the thread, but I know our local Food Pantry supplies families with diapers and toiletries, not just food. Contact her and reccomend that - there's no forms or anything, people in need just show up.

(Ours is based in my church for Watertown, MA, which is how I know. We did a diaper drive for them.)

Twisterdog
12-09-2007, 10:45 PM
There is also a program called WIC (Women, Infant, Children). It is a federal program that provides income-based food to mothers and children. My sister worked for them for many years.

As for the diapers, I'm sure there are places that can help. Start with the state Department of Family Services, Child Protective Services, etc. (The exact name varies state to state, but it's something similar to that.)

But, I have to say this as well: disposable diapers and jars of baby food are expensive. And, quite frankly, luxuries. Cloth diapers are so much cheaper, not to mention so much better for the environment. Babies thrive off the same food the adults eat, simply mashed. When my son was a baby, as a single parent, I couldn't afford jars of baby food and disposable diapers, either. I found the much cheaper alternatives, and managed on my own.

sumbirdy
12-09-2007, 11:08 PM
There is also a program called WIC (Women, Infant, Children). It is a federal program that provides income-based food to mothers and children. My sister worked for them for many years.

As for the diapers, I'm sure there are places that can help. Start with the state Department of Family Services, Child Protective Services, etc. (The exact name varies state to state, but it's something similar to that.)

But, I have to say this as well: disposable diapers and jars of baby food are expensive. And, quite frankly, luxuries. Cloth diapers are so much cheaper, not to mention so much better for the environment. Babies thrive off the same food the adults eat, simply mashed. When my son was a baby, as a single parent, I couldn't afford jars of baby food and disposable diapers, either. I found the much cheaper alternatives, and managed on my own.

Yes I think a few people have suggested these. WIC is an absolute life saver. We have this with Nathan.

I think she has got the answers she needs. I just posted this just in case she didn't