PDA

View Full Version : Rattie surprise

IRescue452
12-09-2007, 01:48 PM
I don't remember telling anybody from this forum, but I got Hirschel a little "brother" finally. The idea of a hairless boy had to be set aside for two reasons right now. We didn't want to split up the pair of hairless boys we were looking into (I know, what's two more? :Þ). We also didn't want to wait too long because Hirschel is growing up quick but would have to be kept seperate because of a respiratory infection he was being treated for.

So I went to the same place we got Hirschel and fished a nice little boy out of the feeder cage. He had a slight sneeze too, so no quarentine, might as well let them be treated together. Introductions went well, first together in my hands, then play out of the cage together, then the new boy spent the night in a smaller cage within Hirschel's cage so they could sniff but not fight. By the end of day two I felt comfortable that their play was harmless and they were'nt going to rip each other apart. Meshugganah is dominant though, despite being smaller, he can pin Hirschel anytime they wrestle.

Now to the surprise. I thought Meshugannah was a normal albino rat. Pink eyes, white fur. And then a few days ago I thought I saw some silver on his nose. I thought "I must be seeing things, albinos don't have pigment". The next day or so I thought, "maybe he needs a bath". And today doing cage cleaning it became painfully obvious...Meshugannah is a himalayan! He was just too young to tell, but today his nose point is grown in almost completely.

Oh, and boys are sooo much easier than the girls. The girls are about 8-9 months and complete brats. The boys - ANGELS. I had pictures I was uploading, and then I got an error page, and then I couldn't find the pictures. Gotta love how that works. All I could find without an internal error was a blurry picture of Hirschel's back on my blanket.
http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f244/bbflygirl/S6301509.jpg

Christmas_Hamster
12-12-2007, 09:26 PM
Its fun watching himi/siamese colour develop eh? Can't wait for more pics!

Argranade
12-13-2007, 10:19 AM
The colours on that rat looks so pretty! :)

Congratz on your new adition.

lute
12-13-2007, 05:44 PM
Oh! How cute!!!