PDA

View Full Version : So I must be officially insane

catnapper
12-07-2007, 05:12 PM
I went to a client's home this afternoon. It was a wonderful ride through the middle of nowhere in the snow. They live on a beautiful old farm. It was such a Christmassy ride through Pennsylvania farm country.... do ya see where this is going yet?

Upon leaving the client's house, three kittens came running up to me. I gasped and told her what cuties they were. She told me I could take one if I wanted. I almost fell over. She has barn cats and this was what is left from three litters! :eek: She said they are all wild. Wild my left foot! these three were social and inquisitive.

I couldn't just leave without these guys. It was SNOWING! Leave little kittens in the snow? I think not! I left with three squirming little sweethearts. They are SWEET. Not at all feral. I fell immediately for the grey one. Hubby took one look at the grey one and said "That one will be staying" :rolleyes: :eek:

Pictures to come as I let them settle into the spare bedroom. There's a little calico, a buff orange and the grey one I love. The calico will be adopted in a blink. I already have two coworkers fighting over her.

kittycats_delight
12-07-2007, 05:28 PM
Nope absolutely not insane just an absolute angel for nabbing these babies and giving them a fighting chance. Good job Kim and tell Grant I said he's a keeper. Any man that looks at a kitty and says that one's staying is definately worth holding on to. :)

Can't want for pics.

Good job girl.
((((HUGS))))
Job well done.

Michelle

critter crazy
12-07-2007, 05:31 PM
If you are insane for doing that, then all of us here should be committed!!:D

I think you are an absolute angel for taking these babies in! Good for you! I cannot wait to see pics!!:)

Sevaede
12-07-2007, 05:38 PM
Way to go! :D

No, not insane. Just... compassionate. ;) :D What did he expect? For you to just leave those tiny wittle babies all in the cold to shiver and shake? ;) :D

Freedom
12-07-2007, 05:54 PM
Upon leaving the client's house, three kittens came running up to me.

They KNEW! I really believe they KNOW which ones of us are insane!!! :D

catnapper
12-07-2007, 06:07 PM
Here are a few pictures. They are settling in just wonderfully. Even despite Cameron terrorizing them. The buff guy is TOLERANT. The other two are typical girls who had about two minutes of him and ran to hide (can't say I blame them)

Here's the calico girl. I already KNOW her name will be Ginger Cookie.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v632/kasdesign/GingerCookie-1.jpg

I was thinking of keeping a Christmas cookie theme. So what should this one's name be? I think its a girl
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v632/kasdesign/kitten-1.jpg\

And the tolerant boy. He's ALL BOY - much larger than the other two and much more brave. He crawled out of the cardboard box during my drive home a few times. Enough I had to pull over and move the box to the front seat so I could hold the flap down. Then they ran around my car for an hour before I could leave work
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v632/kasdesign/kitten-3.jpg

Evidence of Cam's abuse
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v632/kasdesign/excitedCam2.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v632/kasdesign/ExcitedCam.jpg

Craftlady
12-07-2007, 06:17 PM
Adorable, especially the little gray girl :) Yep, feral ???? Cam just proved that wrong LOL

Christiansmommy
12-07-2007, 06:20 PM
Very cute!!!

For the name of the gray one, assuming she is a girl, not a cookie name, but a Christmasy name..." Silver Bells" and call her Bell ( like from Beauty and the Beast)...just an idea....

Anyway, glad they are warm in your home :)

kimlovescats
12-07-2007, 06:48 PM
Oh, they are so adorable! I agree that gray one has quite a face!!! You can mail me the buff one though! Thank you for saving them from the snowy cold! Now, would you send us some snow here in TN?
:D
Kim

Catty1
12-07-2007, 07:31 PM
I hope....that if they were the last from several litters that the momcats will get spayed....though on a farm, dunno if that will happen.

They are just SO ADORABLE!!!! The buff guy...give him a tummy rub for me! And the others a smooch on their cute widdle heads! :)

jenluckenbach
12-07-2007, 07:37 PM
CUTIES!!!!!

Too bad I wasn't home to take your phone call (but the message you left that said you had 30 new fosters sure grabbed my attention...LOLOLOL that is what both Charlie and I heard :rolleyes: )

Oh, and you are only as insane as the rest of us here. :p

The buff boy could be Snickerdoodle.

the grey.........Marzipan (is that a cookie??? :confused: )

RedHedd
12-07-2007, 08:31 PM
Oh my! They are all gorgeous, gray girl is STUNNING! Those eyes! Cookies? I don't know - she reminds me of a precious snowflake!

Grace
12-07-2007, 10:25 PM
OMG - they are to die for!! All of them are just adorable.

I like the name Silver Bells, but would add an extra E if it is indeed a girl - Silver Belle

jennielynn1970
12-07-2007, 10:51 PM
CUTIES!!!!!

The buff boy could be Snickerdoodle.

the grey.........Marzipan (is that a cookie??? :confused: )

Love the name Snickerdoodle!!! (Also one of my fave cookies!)

Marzipan is a paste, made of almonds and sugar, but is used for baking, but could be cute as a name as well. It's some yummy stuff, lol... look for the Mozart balls that they have at TJ Maxx and Marshalls at this time of year (the Moravian Book Shop has them year round). They are delicious! Wegman's also has a candy bar I found that is dark chocolate filled with marzipan. OMG... so sinful!!!

You could also call her Sugar Plum (or Sugar for short).

I'm sure there are a bunch more Christmas/Winter themed names out there... they are just soooo cute!!

shais_mom
12-07-2007, 11:41 PM
ommmggggOLLLLYYY! :D
HOW CUTE!! :D
looking forward to hearing more about what happens!

gini
12-07-2007, 11:47 PM
Lordy, it is a good thing we don't live close by...............Mr. Buff would be outta there in a snap!

Bless you for taking all three.............the calico is adorable and the grey one looks just as sweet as Sugar!!

krazyaboutkatz
12-08-2007, 01:30 AM
Kim, no you're not crazy. You only did what we all would have done in this situation.:) Thank you so much for saving these 3 sweethearts. I love the name Silver Belle for the grey and white kitten that you think is a girl. If you call her Belle for short, she'd have the double letter theme that most of your furkids have.;) You'd better not let Edwina's Secretary see her.;) All 3 are adorable and I expect to see lots of pictures of them.:)

How are your other furkids reacting to them?

Emeraldgreen
12-08-2007, 02:05 AM
They are positively scrumptious! I'm so happy to know that all three of them are cozy and warm in your home snug as a bugs in a rug and not out in the snow!
I am very partial to the gray kitty! She is a mini version of my cat Jimmy! She's so pretty! I've noticed that a few people have been calling her
'Gray Girl', maybe she could be GG (Gigi). I like the Silver Bell (Bell) idea too! And staying in the Christmas theme, how about 'Tinsel Toes"? LOL She's so sweet! :D

orangemm
12-08-2007, 04:45 AM
No, I wouldn't have left, either! What a beautiful trio you have.

The calico is beautiful, the gray is adorable, and the orangie/buff guy is too cute for words.

Bless you for snatching these little ones up!

Kirsten
12-08-2007, 05:56 AM
Oh Kim, they are just too adorable!!! :) And they do not look feral at all!! It's easy to see why they stole your heart.

I love the name Silver Bell(e), and something with tinsel would be nice, too. In German, tinsel is called "Lametta", what about that? ;)

And as for the orangie boy? What about Orange Spice or Cinnamon?

Kirsten

catnapper
12-08-2007, 06:45 AM
How are your other furkids reacting to them?
Pouncer's camped outside their door. I took the buff one out to meet Abby and Harry -- shocker of my life, Abby didn't hiss but Harry did (I had thought it would be hte other way 'round). I don't want them to meet any more until they are tested and dewormed. Their little tummies are so plump. I can't tell if its from eating or worms... those little guys can EAT. and I've refilled their water a million times.

Well, names..... The buff guy is Elf (yeah, yeah that isn't a cookie.... Kathy from the rescue came up with it and I had previously thought it "fit" him but put it out of my mind because I was SURE we'd have used that name before) and the grey one is Peppermint Stick, Pepper for short, which fits her since she's grey.

As I get to know them more, the calico is SWEET. I adore her personality. The grey one is so shy and a loner. The other two were curled up together last night and she preferred to be alone (like my Abby). the buff guy.... what can I say about a handsome orangie? He's way too cool and laid back (as laid back as a busy kitten can be)

Medusa
12-08-2007, 07:06 AM
Oh boy. Good thing I'm not close by or the calico girl would be mine. I adore calicos. They're all so adorable and if you're insane, then the rest of us are, too, because I know we all would've done the same thing. Thank you for not turning your back on these ferocious wild cats! :p

catnapper
12-08-2007, 07:27 AM
Here's their Petfinder page: Ginger & co. (http://search.petfinder.com/petnote/displaypet.cgi?petid=9836900) I want to do a video of them sometime today for Petfinder's new video feature. I also want to do a group shot for the initial photo instead of just Ginger. At least they're up for the time being.

They basically freaked out when Nicki entered the room. Scared of THAT doggy, I think not! She couldn't escape fast enough when the grey one went hissy with paws-a-flying! :p The calico did the perfect imitation of Halloween cat and remained that way for a good 5 minutes, while the buff guy retreated to my shoulder and wouldn't come down for 10 minutes.

catnapper
12-08-2007, 07:56 AM
I KNEW we had an ELF before.... Flutter's sister was Elfie! I was even the Elfie's foster mom! Big ol' DUH! :p

So now he'll be Snickerdoodle unless we've had one of those before. Who'd have thought naming three kittens who will most likely be renamed would be so difficult?

Freedom
12-08-2007, 08:06 AM
Such adorable kittens! Sigh. Happy to know they are with you, thanks for taking them in!

Randi
12-08-2007, 08:06 AM
Aww, just look at them - they're all adorable, and not in the least feral.

Good job for taking them home. :)

moosmom
12-08-2007, 08:58 AM
SUCKER!!!!

Whatever you do, do NOT show that calico to my daughter. She'll go crazy!!! She's been driving me nuts looking for a kitten. How close to Scranton are you? Can ya keep her till Christmas and I'll take her back home with me????? Please???

catmandu
12-08-2007, 09:38 AM
WELL, IF HAVING COMPASSION FOR GODS CREATURES AND WANTING TO SEE THAT THESE BARN CATS AHVE A CHANCE AT A BETTER LIFE AND SHOWING CHARITY AND LOVE TWOARDS THOSE WHO NEED IT MOST IS A SIGN OF LUNACY, THEN PET TALK MUST BE THE BEDLAM OF THE INTERNET.
I OFF HAND CANNOT THINK OF ANY PET TALKER WHO NOTS CHEERING THAT THESE LITTLE ONES ARE GETTING FURREVER HOMES AND LEAVING THE OFTEN HARD WORLD OF THE BARN CAT.
AND I KNOW FROM MICHAEL, PRINCESS AND JOSEPH THAT BARN CATS HAVE GREAT GENES AND ARE VERY LONG LIVED SO YOU AND THE GRAY WONDER CAT WILL BE FRIENDS FOR A LONG LONG TIME!!!!

BLESS YOU FOR BEING A LOONATIC IN THE BEST WAY. ACTUALLY I THINK THAT THE PEOLE WHO DONT CARE ARE THE CRAZY ONES AS THEY WILL BE SO LONELY.
ONE FINE DAY.
:) :rolleyes: :cool: :p ;) :D :cool: :D :cool: :cool:

caseysmom
12-08-2007, 11:19 AM
I couldn't get past the calico, she is beautiful and reminds me so much of my rb gigi....same sweet personality that you describe.

krazyaboutkatz
12-08-2007, 11:47 AM
Kim, since all 3 are on petfinder does this mean that you won't be adding Pepper to your family?
They're all so cute that I'm sure that they'll find wonderful homes very quickly. I hope that they all get a clean bill of health too.:)

AlleyCat
12-08-2007, 12:58 PM
They are all absolutely adorable !!! Each are beautiful in their own way I was speechless at first !!! :)

momcat
12-08-2007, 05:51 PM
If you're insane I want to be insane too! What beautiful little babies. It's easy to see why the little gray one is a keeper, such a sweet little face and those eyes!!! Thank you so much for rescuing these sweethearts from the snow and cold. It's amazing how kitties instinctively know who they can go to when they need help. Could I ask you to deliver lots of scritchies and lovies to each of them from me?

rg_girlca
12-08-2007, 06:28 PM
What are you.........INSANE or WHAT!!!!!!

LOL!!!!! Sorry just had to say that. Bless you Kim for taking these 3 precious babies out of the cold and to give them a safe, warm place to stay.

I pray that they all find good loving caring homes very soon. All 3 of them are so adorable. Like KAK said, "I guess this means you're not going to keep Pepper."

catnapper
12-08-2007, 09:08 PM
I'm having way too much fun with these guys. I tell you: there's nothing like kittens! All of you, I implore you, run out and rescue some kittens from the snow! :D

I couldn't find Pepper this afternoon. I almost had a heart attack.... where could she be? I know the closet is a mess; nobody lives in this room and we haven't quite sorted through the closet. Can YOU find her?
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v632/kasdesign/WhereisShe.jpg

Oh, she's way up top!
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v632/kasdesign/UpHigh.jpg

She also somehow climbed up into the ceiling tiles. Let me tell you how much fun that was trying to get her out.

But all in all, Pepper is coming out of her shell and showing how sweet she is. Here she is lounging with me and Nameless... he's nameless again because Snickerdoodle's been used before (sigh)
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v632/kasdesign/bonding.jpg
(PS, like my pajama bottoms?)

and what a ham little Nameless is!
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v632/kasdesign/Nameless1.jpg

Lookie, I'm being attacked by a feral kitten! Ack!
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v632/kasdesign/FeralAttack.jpg

and Ginger is as sweet as can be.... my coworker wants her, she already has two kitties whom she adores :)
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v632/kasdesign/SweetGinger.jpg

As for my guys? I accidentally left the door a crack.....
How many blurry glowing eyes do you spy in the crack?
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v632/kasdesign/glowingEyes.jpg

EEK!!!! a feral kitty is eating my foot!
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v632/kasdesign/AhhhFeralToeBiter.jpg
Two seconds later, little Mr. Nameless was a big poofy cat so I got up and ended the photosession

critter crazy
12-08-2007, 09:22 PM
OMG!!!! Are they ever so cute!!! I want them all!!!!! :eek: You are so Lucky!! I miss having Kittens around!!

jennielynn1970
12-08-2007, 10:48 PM
OMG... they are just too darn cute!! I'd call him Snickerdoodle anyway... so what if the name was used before, that "rule" ticks me off. If a name fits, it fits, is how I feel. Just have them label his folder "Snickerdoodle 2" and be done with it, lol.

jennielynn1970
12-09-2007, 03:49 AM
Christmas cookie recipes and names....

http://www.northpole.com/Kitchen/Cookbook/cat0001.html

sasvermont
12-09-2007, 04:03 AM
Go to sleep :rolleyes:

jennielynn1970
12-09-2007, 04:14 AM
LOL! I was just going to ask you the same thing!!

catnapper
12-09-2007, 09:35 AM
Just letting you know that after much ado, Nameless now has a name: Jack Frost. I like the name Jack too, so if he ends up staying we can keep his name ;) :p

RedHedd
12-09-2007, 10:44 AM
Pepper looks SO soft! She's a stunning beauty with those gorgeous GREEN eyes!

Catty1
12-09-2007, 10:44 AM
if he ends up staying

IF???? ROFL! :D

Rachel
12-09-2007, 07:58 PM
These little ones are just enticing, even to someone who has never had a kitty (since childhood). I've been back to this thread twice! I'd have to name a Christmas kitty, Holly, if I were getting one, which I'm not.

kimlovescats
12-09-2007, 08:28 PM
Just checking back for the official announcement that Jack Frost is a keeper! :p

catnapper
12-09-2007, 09:20 PM
Just checking back for the official announcement that Jack Frost is a keeper! :p
Keep checking. I think hubby is smitten with Pepper. He keeps asking who she's going to. We'll see..... I really don't want another cat because my sister in law is supposedly moving in with us sometime in the next year, along with her 2 cats and a pomeranian puppy (to be gotten once she's here). Don't I have enough of a zoo already?

cassiesmom
12-09-2007, 09:31 PM
(squeals) What precious kitties!

Catty1
12-09-2007, 09:35 PM
My bad...I forgot that hubby was crazy about Pepper! She would be a good choice as she likes to be on her own...

Do you think the other two should be adopted together?

Would have LOVED to see NoName as a big floofy cat! :D

jennielynn1970
12-09-2007, 10:28 PM
Keep checking. I think hubby is smitten with Pepper. He keeps asking who she's going to. We'll see..... I really don't want another cat because my sister in law is supposedly moving in with us sometime in the next year, along with her 2 cats and a pomeranian puppy (to be gotten once she's here). Don't I have enough of a zoo already?

You were taking Zachariah in too, weren't you?? He's that big orange lover boy of a tabby!! You adored him!!!

catmandu
12-11-2007, 09:43 AM
The Found Pardise Hotel Cats have seen Spunky Moose the Deuce, and want him to be POOFED, right into the Hotel. If hes ever out there without the bigger Ctas to scare him, then they and Moose Angel will get thier wish, and I have have a New Cat. I think Pepper would make a great Friend and there always room for one more.

moosmom
12-11-2007, 11:38 AM
Yup, you nuts alright. ;)

caffeitina
12-11-2007, 02:06 PM
What!?!?!? No "Cuteness Warning" to go along with the pictures?!?!? Those sweeties are just to adorable for words! :eek: :D

I'm glad you decided to take all three.

P.S. The little Orangie guy looks like he's going to be Trouble with a capital T. ;)