PDA

View Full Version : It's getting closer!

davidpizzica
12-07-2007, 03:31 PM
I received a letter confirming my settlement claim today. When I get the check, I'll endorse it and and give it to my lawyer so he can take his fee from it. Then he'll send me a new check for the amount of the settlement. I may have it in time for Christmas!

carole
12-07-2007, 11:21 PM
Great news bro, i do hope you are going to treat yourself to something special, you deserve it after all the pain and inconvenience you went through, hope you do indeed get the settlement in time for xmas, would be nice wouldn't it? :)

gini
12-07-2007, 11:41 PM
Why don't you write the check to your attorney so that you have a record of payment - and the funds would be yours sooner? Congratulations, David, you have been through a lot.

davidpizzica
12-08-2007, 04:02 AM
Great news bro, i do hope you are going to treat yourself to something special, you deserve it after all the pain and inconvenience you went through, hope you do indeed get the settlement in time for xmas, would be nice wouldn't it? :)
Sis, I do plan on treating myself! A brand-new, high definition, lcd flat screen TV is on my list, a new computer on which I can actually scan and post pictures (I'm very limited in doing that on my web tv system, can't wait to get rid of that!), a new fancy DVD player, and last but not least a brand-new kitchen stove (for some reason mine quit working after 25 years, LOL!) Excuse the pun, but I'm like a kid at Christmas time!

carole
12-08-2007, 10:57 PM
David it sounds very exciting, i am so happy something good for you has come out of something not so good, enjoy those treats for yourself to the max. :)

K9karen
12-08-2007, 11:06 PM
How exciting David! Have yourself a very Merry Little Christmas!

I can't wait for my lawsuit to be over. Amazingly long process although the guy was found guilty in criminal court.

Rachel
12-09-2007, 11:02 AM
Why don't you write the check to your attorney so that you have a record of payment - and the funds would be yours sooner? Congratulations, David, you have been through a lot.

I agree with Gini. Presuming they send the check directly to you, ask your lawyer to bill you for his/her services and then pay him by check. That way each aspect has documentation. I've personally had experience with a lawyer who came back years after the fact saying she had never been paid. That saved cancelled check was quick to settle that issue.

lizbud
12-09-2007, 11:59 AM
I agree with Gini. Presuming they send the check directly to you, ask your lawyer to bill you for his/her services and then pay him by check. That way each aspect has documentation. I've personally had experience with a lawyer who came back years after the fact saying she had never been paid. That saved cancelled check was quick to settle that issue.

Very good idea. :) I'll bet Santa will be very good to the kitties this year.