PDA

View Full Version : Mollie June

nancys
12-07-2007, 02:28 PM
AS you all might remember, I took all my animals (cats & 1 dog) to a free spaying / nuetering clinic this summer. They evidently didn't get to my baby Mollie June - she was in a seperate cage. She is going to have another litter of kittens! I will take her in to the vet after they're born and have the vet do it.

catmandu
12-07-2007, 02:40 PM
What A Shame That Such A Stupid Oversight On Thier Part Means That Another Litter Of Kittens Is Being Born. A Litter Of Kittens Who Eventually Need Homes, And May Cause A Senior Older Cat To Be Pts.
I Hope The Kittens Arrive Safe And Sound But It Is A Shame That Mollie June Was Not Spayed Before This Happened.
Certainly Not Your Fault, But Someone Should Have Been Paying Attention At The Clinic.

Medusa
12-07-2007, 03:54 PM
Wow, I wouldn't be happy about that at all. Now you've got the expense of raising a litter and seeing to it that they're up to date on their shots, etc. The whole point of going to a clinic is to save money, isn't it? They wouldn't hear the last of this if I were you.

AlleyCat
12-07-2007, 05:10 PM
^^^ ^^^ DITTO !!!

(but this means we get to see kitten pictures soon, don't we ?? :D )

kimlovescats
12-07-2007, 06:50 PM
When cats are spayed, they have their bellies shaved and a huge incision. Sorry, but didn't you notice this wasn't there on her? :confused:

nancys
12-08-2007, 02:47 PM
TO KIMLOVESCATS
RE: Mollie June[COLOR=DarkSlateBlue]

I accidently sent you a private message about Mollie June - is there anyway I can post it on Cat General? I do feel foolish that I didn't check to make sure that Mollie was indeed spayed, but have learned a valuable lesson.

kimlovescats
12-08-2007, 05:09 PM
TO KIMLOVESCATS
RE: Mollie June[COLOR=DarkSlateBlue]

I accidently sent you a private message about Mollie June - is there anyway I can post it on Cat General? I do feel foolish that I didn't check to make sure that Mollie was indeed spayed, but have learned a valuable lesson.

I didn't get the private message. I don't need an explanation, I was just curious why you didn't notice it. Perhaps you had never seen a female cat after a spay.

Kim

momcat
12-08-2007, 05:16 PM
What a sad situation. You did the right thing bringing Mollie June to the clinic for a spay, the clinic is at fault for overlooking her. I can't help but wonder how something like this could possibly happen. Have you contacted the clinic about this? They should be held accountable for a mistake of this magnitude!

Prayers are being prayed for sweet Mollie June and her babies.....

lizbud
12-08-2007, 05:31 PM
Don't feel too terrible about Mollie June. I once brought in a stray female
to be spayed & the vet scheduled it. Before the operation he discovered
the cat had already been spayed. This was after he had already checked
her over before. He couldn't see the scar before she was shaved.