PDA

View Full Version : My son says my cats have ME trained

Medusa
12-07-2007, 12:49 PM
Every morning I make a cup of coffee and heat the skim milk in the microwave. Coco Puff loves warm milk . (I know, most people think cats are lactose intolerant but none of mine suffer any symptoms whatsoever. They ALL love skim milk.) I always pour some in a saucer and blow on it to make sure it isn't too hot for his cute little meezer lips. My son walked in and saw me doing that and said "Boy, do they have you trained. I asked what's for breakfast and you said there's cereal in the cupboard but your cats get special treatment. I see how it is around here." He was kidding, of course, but he may have something there. Whaddaya think?

catmandu
12-07-2007, 02:08 PM
YOU SHOULD EXPLAIN TO YOUR SON THAT HE HAS TO LEARN TO BE SELF RELIANT WHERE AS THERES NO WAY A CAT CAN GET THE MILK OUT OF THE FRIDGE OR SKIM IT FROM THE COFFEE!!!
I AM THE SAME AS I CANT WALK PAST THIER BOWLS WITHOUT SEEING IF THEY NEED REFILLING OR WHETHER THE WATERS FRESH IN THIER BOWLS.
AND WHEN I TAKE A PIECE OF CHEESE OR DELI MEAT TO SNACK ON, I ALWAYS, ALWAYS BRING EXTRA AS I KNOW THAT THE LUCKY FOUND CATS, ESPECIALLY SCRAPPY ANGEL AND SCRAPPY 2 WILL WANT SOME TOO!!!
I GUESS I AM AS TRAINED AS PAVLOVS DOG!!!
:cool: :cool: :D ;) :p :rolleyes: :cool: :) :cool: :cool:

joycenalex
12-07-2007, 02:17 PM
what catmandu said...and you've waited on your son for years anyway :p

cassiesmom
12-07-2007, 02:23 PM
My cat definitely has me trained!

Freedom
12-07-2007, 03:24 PM
My son says my cats have ME trained!

Just remind him that HE had you trained when he was that size, too! :D

Medusa
12-07-2007, 03:31 PM
Yeah, he was just kiddin'. Actually, he offers to make me breakfast when he visits. He's a good boy. :)

orangemm
12-08-2007, 04:47 AM
Of course you are trained! ;) We all are!! :D

(and I love being a slave to my boys, to tell you the truth) The payback makes it all worthwhile.

momcat
12-09-2007, 12:46 PM
I do completely understand, Medusa. Soncat often says I'm the one guilty of spoiling Groucho!

carole
12-10-2007, 05:40 PM
This story i am sure we can all relate to, every now and then i try tough kitty love, it usually only lasts about two hours if that, they just look up at you with those adorable eyes and sweet faces and my heart melts, who else is guilty of that? lol :) :D

G535
12-10-2007, 06:04 PM
I don't think any of us would be here if our cats didn't have us so well trained.

Where else can we say things about ours and other's cats without people thinking we are totally weird? :)

momcat
12-10-2007, 07:14 PM
they just look up at you with those adorable eyes and sweet faces and my heart melts, who else is guilty of that? lol :) :D
I am.....I am!!!!!

carole
12-11-2007, 01:09 PM
Momcat, that is why my little puddies are shall we say a little on the rotund side,those eyes have it, and i cannot say no to them, well not too often,(I mean just look at my siggy, could you say no to those adorable kitties eyes pleading) every now and then, i say to them all,well it is tough love today kitties, so don't even try it on, it is not happening, today you are not getting any extras, works about one per cent of the time,but now i have them on their daily rations, it is working much better,and they are staying within healthy weight ranges, but yes they do look, let us say very well cared for lol. :) :D

momcat
12-11-2007, 07:28 PM
Hi Carole, May I say that your babies are beautiful!!! I'd definitely spoil each of them in one hot minute. Isn't it amazing how they know exactly how to play us and get whatever they want? Groucho has me wrapped firmly around his little paw! This Meowmie wouldn't have it any other way.

Please give your "little puddies" some scritchies and lovies from me?

carole
12-11-2007, 07:42 PM
Oh i sure will, and you give groucho some back in return please,there is another term for us, it is called cat slave, i think i fit into that category nicely and proudly, he he. :) :D

caffeitina
12-11-2007, 07:54 PM
LOL! Howard and Luna would like to say that your cats did a fantastic job of training you :)

As for the lactose intolerance, neither of mine show symptoms of this either. Although I never give them large quantities. Howard loves ice cream. Whenever I have some, he always helps me "wash" the dish afterward. And Luna loves cheese, but only mozerella cheese. She can be asleep at the other end of the house, but if I open the fridge and take the cheese container out, she's immediately sitting at my feet, balanced on her hind legs, meowing, and acting as cute as she possibly can...so I HAVE to give her a small piece (now keep in mind that I keep the cheese in an ordinary plastic container, identical to plastic containers I keep other, non-cheese stuff in...but Luna only comes for the cheese container opening. Somehow she can tell the difference :eek:)

As for my personal training, Howard has me trained to wake up a half hour early every day so he can get in a good, long massage/petting before breakfast. :D

kimlovescats
12-12-2007, 06:26 PM
*snicker* Tell your son that kitty can't fix his own! ;)