PDA

View Full Version : Camping Report

BoxerLover
08-10-2002, 06:55 PM
Well, we just got back from up north today, and overall, I think Nikki did very well! She hardly barked while she was at the campsite, even though people were walking down the road a lot. She let people pet her, and I think she is almost over her fear of guys, but not quite there yet. We went to the laundromat one day and she was a PERFECT little angel while everyone came up to her and gushed over how gorgeous she is. hehe! Everybody loved her and I was so glad! We did have a few problems, though. She went CRAZY at the beach whenever we went, so her barking constantly was a bit annoying:rolleyes:, but she absolutely loved that water! Another bad thing that happened one time was for some reason, she started growling at this man walking down the street past our site. I didnt think much of it, you know, I was like quiet Nikki! I didnt make an attempt to hold her, but I should have because the next thing I knew, she was running full speed towards the guy. I was screaming at her to stop, but it was too late; she reached the end of her line, and flipped upside down and hit a tree behind her when she was stopped so suddenly.:eek: I was TERRIFIED that she had broke her neck or something. I almost fainted when I reached her and all she had was a red mark on her neck. I knew God was watching over us that day, because she could have been killed by the impact. I mean, she was running FAST. She is fine though, and I know she had a great time camping. We took some pics of her, so here they are! The first one is at the laundromat. Enjoy! click here to see them! (http://www.imagestation.com/album/?id=4291508289)

KYS
08-10-2002, 08:32 PM
Glad you all had a great time camping.
Sounds like Niki had a great time too.

Rocky did something similiar on our last camping trip.
He was on his 10 foot tree trolley and he
was watching a animal come closer and closer.
He layed down and just waited for the right moment
to pounce. He than leaped and ran to the end of his 10 foot leash
and WHAM! he must have choked and gaged for a good 5 minutes.
I agree, it was a scary sight!

jackiesdaisy1935
08-11-2002, 09:32 AM
It sounds like you all had a wonderful time and I'm glad that Nikki did not get hurt, but what a scare. I love the pictures of her, she is a real beauty. I love the one of her digging in the sand. lol
Thanks for sharing them with us.
Jackie, Miss Daisy and Perry

Dixie Belle
08-11-2002, 01:20 PM
Nikki is so pretty! And I am so glad she didn't get hurt.

Kfamr
08-11-2002, 07:02 PM
Cute pics!;)

BoxerLover
08-12-2002, 03:00 PM
thanx everyone! nikki is so glad to be home now. she slept on the waterbed for like the whole day that we came back. she was exhausted!

lovemymaltese
08-12-2002, 03:35 PM
sounds like ya'll had some great fun, glad to hear that Nikki behaved herself. Welcome back!

wolf_Q
08-13-2002, 01:05 AM
Great pics! Loved this one! I really love camping. :) What did you stay in?

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid28/p45c0233af2c7f173be40f8ba702cd68b/fd6bc092.jpg

I'm glad Nikki is ok! I'm afraid if I ever left Nebo tied up as an adult he'd kill himself or something....those sibes can run! He'll have to be in a harness, and watched! lol

DoggiesAreTheBest
08-13-2002, 06:32 AM
I love that one too!

It looks like you guys had a great time! Draker loves the beach and he loves camping! So, you can probably guess how much he would love to camp on the beach!