PDA

View Full Version : Pet Toy Dangers

BC_MoM
12-06-2007, 11:50 PM
The ongoing worry over kids toys made in China is now spreading to pets. A month-long Fox News Chicago Investigation has found levels of lead in dog toys well beyond acceptable limits. Watch the video here (http://www.myfoxchicago.com/myfox/pages/InsideFox/Detail?contentId=5056125&version=5&locale=EN-US&layoutCode=VSTY&pageId=5.1.1).

Seravieve
12-07-2007, 08:23 PM
Thank You!!

I was just thinking about this today! They were showing a lead testing kit on Rachel Ray this morning and I started thinking about my Kids' toys.. I am tempted to purchase a lead kit and see. Our three are such big chewers, every toy ends up in bits.. and I usually find some 'leftovers' in the backyard, so I know that some are being ingested.. Scary.

I find it so amazing that lead is still used in products today. Thanks again for posting! Interesting Video!

Giselle
12-08-2007, 01:58 AM
:eek: I was about to buy those tennis balls at the Dollar Store the other day. WOW. I'll just stick to picking loose balls off the local tennis court now :D

PupPLuv
12-09-2007, 05:26 PM
Thank you so much for posting this! I'm so surprised at what was dangerous. I bought one of those tennis balls for Macie when she was a puppy! It's lost now... but still...it's scary! I'm definitely going to check up more the toys that I buy, because Macie is a chewer, too. Thanks ! :)