PDA

View Full Version : Please keep me in your thoughts & prayers..

M&M's Mommy
12-06-2007, 07:25 PM
I found a small lump on my breast, and am scheduled for my first mammogram & ultrasound next week.

It weighs heavily on me, but haven't told anyone yet, including my husband... I know I'd have to tell him soon, but I hate to do that to him now that we're sooooo happy preparing for the holiday season :(

Please pray for me, as I am anxiously waiting to find out what the future holds in store for me!

ramanth
12-06-2007, 07:27 PM
Many many prayers. I once thought I found a lump and it turned out to be fibroids. *HUGS*

dukedogsmom
12-06-2007, 07:29 PM
I know that must be really scary. I hope it's nothing serious. You really should tell your husband, though. He'll want to know when you go in for your test. I'm glad you're getting it checked out.

M&M's Mommy
12-06-2007, 07:35 PM
I know that must be really scary. I hope it's nothing serious. You really should tell your husband, though. He'll want to know when you go in for your test. I'm glad you're getting it checked out.

I know - but every times I wanted to tell him, words just couldn't come out! My mother-in-law was diagnosed with breast cancer last year, and went through a mastectomy & lympectomy (sp?). Seeing my husband worried over her make me feel bad about telling him.. I don't want to put him through that again, should it turns out to be nothing.

I'll tell him soon, because worrying sick inside while trying to hide it outside is pretty hard :(

animal_rescue
12-06-2007, 08:29 PM
Awww my mom had a lump in her breast once(my dad did too actually) but neither of them were dangerous, so I'm hoping for the same for you! Prayers coming your way hun. *hugs*

RedHedd
12-06-2007, 08:32 PM
Tell your hubby! It's easier to go through stuff like that together. You will be fine - so many of us have been through the same thing. {{{{{{{{{hugs}}}}}}}}}}}}}

Reachoutrescue
12-06-2007, 08:34 PM
You are in our prayers. Stay positive, hopefully it is nothing. I know you don't want to worrie your hubby, but he really needs to know. You can't go for the tests alone. I am sure if you tell him, you will walk into the doctor's office with him holding your hand. Good luck hun. Please keep us posted.

Daisy and Delilah
12-06-2007, 08:57 PM
Wishing you all the best that it's nothing serious. {{{{{HUGS}}}}}

chocolatepuppy
12-06-2007, 09:25 PM
Prayers headed your way. Hopefully it's nothing serious.

Medusa
12-07-2007, 06:37 AM
Tell your husband. That's what a life partner is for. You're selling your husband short and you're denying yourself a shoulder to lean on. Two of my friends just had this scare and it turned out to be nothing, so here's praying that all is truly well w/you.....

krazyaboutkatz
12-07-2007, 11:46 AM
I hope that it's nothing serious but as others have said you should tell your husband. When I went through this I told my mom,who is a breast cancer survivor, and she helped me through it. Luckily it was a false alarm. You'll remain in my thoughts and prayers. Please take care. (((HUGS)))

pitc9
12-07-2007, 11:48 AM
I hope it's nothing serious.

{{{HUGS}}}}

lvpets2002
12-07-2007, 11:48 AM
:) I do hope all comes all good & well.. Bigg Huggss & Prayers being sent your way.. Let us know please..

lizbud
12-07-2007, 12:02 PM
Prayers & positive thoughts going out to you. I hope you can share this
with your hubby & lesson the burden of secret fears. I know this is so easy
to tell someone else what they should do, but it's harder to share when it's
yourself.(hope that makes sense). I didn't share my thoughts while waiting for the news & boy did I hear about it from my kids after the fact. :o

Wishing you the best of luck with this.

Alysser
12-07-2007, 03:55 PM
(((hugs))) I hope everything is okay! Please update us. I am worried about you. My mom had breast cancer.

Christiansmommy
12-07-2007, 06:35 PM
I will pray for you. ((HUGS)) and a shoulder, if you need it.

momoffuzzyfaces
12-07-2007, 06:59 PM
Prayers on the way from me too!

Catty1
12-07-2007, 07:41 PM
Prayers that it is nothing, literally!

HUGS

carole
12-07-2007, 11:19 PM
What a horribly worrying time ahead for you, just remember that nine times out of ten they are nothing to be concerned about, i wish you all the best and all fingers and paws crossed you get a clean bill of health, my mother is also a breast cancer survivor, try not to think the worst, and do tell your hubby. HUGS

phesina
12-08-2007, 05:37 PM
Dear M&M's Mommy, my kitties and I are sending prayers and hugs to you as you wait to get the results of the mammogram.

Please do tell your husband and your friends and relatives who care about you that this is happening. I'm sure they will give you loads of support and love as you go through this experience. And, wouldn't you help them if any of them was going through something this scary?

As others have told you, most likely this is benign. It is important that it be checked out right away, though (as you are doing). Just in case there is any malignancy, the sooner it is diagnosed and treated, the better the outcome.

I hope this news will encourage you a bit, too: I had a breast lump that turned out to be malignant. Fortunately it was caught early, before it had had a chance to spread. I had a mastectomy, and that was all the treatment I needed. (A couple of years later I had breast reconstruction surgery.)

That happened in ***1985***!!!!! I have been cancer-free ever since, and I hope to remain so the rest of my life. I have regular checkups and self-exams and a yearly mammogram. So no, it's not an automatic death sentence.

Have courage, take one step at a time, and no matter what happens, remember this: YOU ARE NOT ALONE. Not only the people who know and love you but also others all around the world will give you more support and information and wisdom than you can imagine. I sure found that out! (For example, you've already learned that all us Pet Talkers are pulling for you. :) )

Prayers, good energies, love, hugs, and purrs,
Pat, Peony, Sydney, Poppy, Elmer, and the angels

ScottieMommy
12-09-2007, 12:09 PM
Oh no hugs and prayers coming your way, i am so sorry hope everything gets better soon.

sisterdog
12-09-2007, 03:36 PM
(((Hugs))) to you in this stressful time. I was diagnosed with breast cancer 12 years ago - after a mastectomy and chemo, I have not had a recurrence. Caught early, there is a good prognosis nowadays.

Do tell your hubby - you will want his support as you go in for tests. My partner was my "rock" - there to support me and to ask the questions that I forgot to ask. Even though I wanted to remain "strong", there was no denying I needed her support. And several years later, I was able to be there for her when she had a suspicious finding on a mammogram and had a benign lump removed.

I hope that your lump turns out to be benign. I'll be keeping you in my thoughts.

ScottieMommy
12-09-2007, 05:20 PM
I agree do tell your husband please, i know you feel scare but he is the one that will help you get trough this and be by your side if something does happen. I just believe he has the right to know, imagine how worried he will be. If something does happen i wish you both the best, praying hard for you and sending good vibes.

mruffruff
12-10-2007, 01:08 PM
Hopefully this is nothing to worry about. But DO tell your husband. Isn't that what he's for? And try not to worry.

Just a month ago, my co-worker who is 78 or 79, had her left breast removed because of cancer. She missed a total of 10 days of work. She is getting radiation therapy everyday after work. She's just a little thing but she's doing so well. Early detection is key.

Queen of Poop
12-10-2007, 01:43 PM
Tell your husband. You cannot and should not do this alone. We are also all here for you to support you however you need it.

I am 42 now, just after I turned 40 I had my first mammogram, it was supposed to be a baseline. As it turned out I had a very large lump of what turned out to be the worst growth you can have just shy of being cancer. It was removed and I am now just fine. It was the worst 3 months of my life. The stress was unbearable. I told everyone at work, cause there were some days when I could have bitten of anyone's head if they'd said the wrong thing. They didn't deserve that and deserved to know why I was so overly sensitive. I also talked alot of women at work into going for their mammograms that they'd been putting off. The support from my family, friends and co-workers gave me the strength to go thru the ordeal.

I pray that your lump turns out to be nothing to worry about.

M&M's Mommy
12-10-2007, 02:30 PM
Thanks for all your supports, good thoughts & prayers. I believe in the power of prayers (of course, I'll do all I can by going to the doctor, seeking treatment if needed, etc..) - but that God is the ultimate healer.

I'm doing okay. I cannot get a mammogram until Jan 02, 08. (The insurance company authorized for me to go to this particular Imaging center for the test, and it's completely booked up until then). I was able to schedule for the breast ultrasound tomorrow though - so I'm preparing myself for that. I guess I hope and I pray that it'll turn out to be nothing - but I still prepare myself for the worst, so that I won't be totally surprised, should it happens. Then based on the result from the ultrasound, they'll decide if they'll need to move my mammogram schedule to an ealier date or not.

There were times I was consumed with bad thoughts & bad feelings, but most of the times I'm fine and just go about my normal life like usual.

I still need to figure out the way to tell my husband so that it doesn't shock him and bring too much sadness & worries to him. Last year, his mom also found a lump in her breast, which turned out to be maglinant, so to my husband, a lump means cancer. My husband knew that I went to see the doctor, and that he ordered a mammogram & ultrasound - but he thoughts those are routine preventative tests that I'll need to take yearly starting now (I just turned 35!). He didn't know about the lump :( I did try to hint to him, but he didn't take it too well so I stopped. I guess I'll tell him tomorrow, after the ultrasound. He's taking times off from work to go with me, for moral support - so it's all good.

Christmas & our wedding anniversary (Dec 29th) are approaching. It's time for happiness & joy. I'd hate to give anyone I love reasons to be sad & worries, specially at this time.

Once again, I really am appreciate your prayers. In times like this, my faith in God sustains me, and your good thoughts & prayers provide me the much needed support, both mentally & physically.

Thank you!
Theresa

cassiesmom
12-10-2007, 02:36 PM
I certainly will!

Alysser
12-10-2007, 03:30 PM
{{{hugs}}}

I am sorry that such a nice time of year for you has to be ruined, but please don't let this hurt your happiness. It may just be a lump. Good luck!

Christiansmommy
12-13-2007, 12:07 PM
Thanks for all your supports, good thoughts & prayers. I believe in the power of prayers (of course, I'll do all I can by going to the doctor, seeking treatment if needed, etc..) - but that God is the ultimate healer.

Once again, I really am appreciate your prayers. In times like this, my faith in God sustains me, and your good thoughts & prayers provide me the much needed support, both mentally & physically.

Thank you!
Theresa

Amen to those words! God is the ultimate healer!! " In times like these my faith in God sustains me"...that is sooo true too!! I am so happy to hear that your faith in God is giving you peace and comfort. You sound very strong and I am just so happy to read these great words. I am a Christian and feel exactly like you do! I have gone thru a similar situation and God was my strength, and I am able to praise Him for staying by me faithfully, as He will with you too. I have been praying off and on for you after I read this post, and I hope things have gone well. I will continue to pray for you. (((HUGS))) during these uncertain times. At least we know that the same God that holds your hand thru this, holds the future and we can rest in knowing that He is in control.

Dorothy39
12-15-2007, 08:22 AM
M& M' Mommy~ We'll keep you in our Prayers, I'm Praying that your fear diminishes after reading all these positive replies and that your worries subside soon afterwards.

You can always count on PT!!!!! {{HUGS}}}

M&M's Mommy
12-18-2007, 01:57 PM
Thanks for the outpouring suppots. They mean a lot to me.

I did tell my husband, and I feel better about it now that I have him to share my worries with :). The reason I hesitated to tell him was because about this same time last year, his mother was diagnose with breast cancer. She also found a lump which turned out to be malignant. She had to have to mastectomy & chemo... Thanks goodness her cancer is now in remission, but it did give everybody a scare, and changed a lots of things on its way.

Because of that, to my husband, having a lump is equal with having cancer... I now not only have to convince myself that the lump's probably benign, I have to convince hubby, too.

As for me, I'm doing fine. The way I see it, I have no choice but to wait until Dec 28th for my mammogram, but I do have a choice to be happy or unhappy from now until then, and I choose to be happy . Of course ever since I found the lump, I've been very worried, but everywhere I go, I hear joyful Christmas songs, bright & beautiful decorations, and I'm reminded that Advent is a time to be joyful, not sad - hopeful, not despair.. Therefore, when dark clouds loom over my head, I chase them away with prayers.

God is my strengh & my hope right now, as I realize there is nothing I can do, or undo that will change the outcome of things. I'll just have to wait to find out what He's planned for my life. Of course, I prayed that it won't be anything malignant - but I can't help but asking myself what I would do in case it would be. All I can do now is to prepare myself for the worst, so if it is, at least I'm prepared. If it's not, then I'll be the happiest person on the entire universe

Please continue to pray for me. Pretty please? I'm sure God hears our prayers.

joycenalex
12-18-2007, 02:19 PM
of course we'll pray for you. PT-ers always go with each other. i am so glad you told your partner/helper and husband. he and you are going through this tough and scary time together, nad i'm glad you know he's strong enough for you to lean on him, as he could lean on you. (hugs)

kimlovescats
12-18-2007, 02:52 PM
You have a wonderful attitude! Prayers continuing for you!

Hugs,
Kim

ChrisH
12-19-2007, 01:11 PM
Prayers on the way. http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v11/CwmmawrJet/Smiles/console.gif

*LabLoverKEB*
12-19-2007, 01:18 PM
Prayers on the way... :)

AdoreMyDogs
12-19-2007, 05:04 PM
You are in my prayers. I'm sorry you have to wait to find out more, but I pray that the news is good and that it'll be worth the wait once it's all over and done with. Lots and lots of prayers are being sent your way.

lizbud
12-19-2007, 05:10 PM
Just a note to say that I thought of you today. I went for my scheduled mamo (yearly) this morning & am so glad that is over for another year. I'm
still thinking & praying that your next test brings the best possible news for
you & your family. :)

Dorothy39
01-04-2008, 10:52 PM
I too "hold" you in my daily thoughts and prayers ~ I thought of you again today~ :o

Karen
01-04-2008, 10:58 PM
Update us when you can, I hope you have news by now.

joycenalex
01-05-2008, 01:24 PM
we're still thinking of you!

Christiansmommy
01-05-2008, 06:25 PM
Still praying for you. Hope you're doing okay.

kimlovescats
01-05-2008, 08:23 PM
Praying for you and hope you can check in with us soon!

Hugs,
Kim

M&M's Mommy
01-08-2008, 06:47 PM
Thanks everyone for your continuous prayers. They mean the world to me.

It was so difficult to schedule for the tests. First, the doc office requested authorization for the wrong tests, so when it came time for me to come in for the tests, they had to request a new one. Then by the time the new authorization came in I was 2 days late for my period, (which was normal, considering that I have a 35-40 days cycle) - the technician refused to do it. She was following the rules, and suspected pregnancy (I can't really blame her). She asked me to go to my OB to get a pregnancy test and said that she won't give me a mammogram until she receive the confirmation from my OB that I'm not pregnant. Too bad my OB was on vacation until last Monday. Fortunately, my period had shown up on last Friday!

So, finally I got to have my mammogram & ultrasound done last Friday. I'm still waiting for the results. Hopefully it turns out to be nothing, otherwise my entire world will change...

In the mean time, I'm recovering from a cold.. It was worse during the weekend, so now I'm feeling better already. I guess my body couldn't keep up with all the activities I had during the last few weeks, plus the weather was a bit strange in California these days.. Other than that I'm doing okay.

Anyway, I'm here checking in, and I'm so glad to be remembered in thoughts & prayers. I'll let you guys know the result immediately after I receive a call from my doctors.

Thanks,
Theresa

Christiansmommy
01-08-2008, 06:59 PM
Thanks for letting us know. Ugh the waiting!! Sometimes that is the hardest part!! I will continue to pray that you will remain calm while waiting and that the results are good!! :) Take care!

Robyn

Cookiebaker
01-08-2008, 07:30 PM
thanks for checking in. :) The waiting part is definitely the hardest...I hope you get the results soon!!!!

M&M's Mommy
01-15-2008, 11:36 AM
Got words from the doc yesterday. Ultrasound and mammogram confirmed a small solid mass on my right breast (where I can feel it). Preparation is underway for my biopsy.

Please continue to pray for me that it will turn out benign. If not, then we'll pray for strength & courage & the will to win :)

Your prayers are much appreciated as I firmly believe that there is nothing that God & I (and you guys) cannot handle together. That very thought comforts me.

kimlovescats
01-15-2008, 11:39 AM
Thank you for letting us know. Prayers on the way for the biopsy! PM me if you need me! ;)

Kim

Laura's Babies
01-15-2008, 12:29 PM
Prayers are on their way! Good luck and try not to worry until you find out if there is something to worry about. I went through all this years ago and had a lump removed and it was nothing. Hope yours turns out to be nothing too!

Medusa
01-15-2008, 03:07 PM
[QUOTE=Laura's Babies]I went through all this years ago and had a lump removed and it was nothing. [QUOTE]
I have several friends who experienced this same thing and it all came to nothing. Candles burnin' for ya, girlfriend, that all is well.

Donnaj4962
01-15-2008, 03:18 PM
I am just seeing this thread. I don't want to "hi-jack" your thread, but I wanted you to know that I am going through the same thing, although I didn't find a lump. My yearly mammogram showed a mass on my right breast. I have had my diagnostic and ultrasound and have a biopsy scheduled for Thursday (January 17).

I can understand your fear. I am terrified also. I also am trying to find strength in my God, and the support of my family, friends and boyfriend. (I had a hard time telling him also!)

I will pray for you and will be here for your support! We can only hope and pray that it will be nothing for both of us.

carole
01-15-2008, 06:04 PM
This is a very worrying and stressful time for you, please take comfort in knowing we are all here for you 100 per cent, and remember quite often these lumps are nothing to worry about, will be thinking of you and hoping for the best possible outcome, take care .

krazyaboutkatz
01-16-2008, 12:39 AM
I went through a similar thing a few years ago and luckily it was just a nodule. I was also very scared because my mom had breast cancer. Prayers and positive thoughts are being sent your way.

RobiLee
01-16-2008, 12:47 AM
Positive thoughts and prayers coming your way.