PDA

View Full Version : Surgery postponed. FINAL UPDATE ...!#66

Maya & Inka's mommy
12-06-2007, 04:03 AM
This morning I've got a phonecall from the hospital. My operation is postponed to propably next friday :( ..... . An urgent brain-operation will be done tommorow and this will take all day.... :( :( :( My surgeon is only doing surgery on friday's, so...... :rolleyes: :(
I've been crying all morning now. I was so much ready for this surgery, I was so much looking forward to have it done... .
This sucks..... my hubby cannot take a day of next friday, so I will have to ask someone to bring me. I will have NO company there... .
My back and left leg are hurting more and more now; it will be hard for me to wait another week!

I know, this other human needs surgery asap; I cannot help but being sad and heavily disappointed :mad: :( :(

sorry for the rant.... ! The original thread was here http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?t=136547

Medusa
12-06-2007, 04:36 AM
I'm just now reading this; I don't venture into General much. Saying lots of prayers that you'll finally get this long overdue surgery and live your life pain free or as close to it as possible......

chocolatepuppy
12-06-2007, 05:00 AM
Im sorry Lut. :( You were so excited. Hopefully the wait will go fast.{hugs}

Maya & Inka's mommy
12-06-2007, 05:13 AM
Im sorry Lut. :( You were so excited.

I was...! But now I feel so down, I need that surgery so badly. Living with constant heavy pain is terrible :( . I'm sick of it....http://users.pandora.be/bernardgabriels/images/smilies%20930cryingsmilie.gif

Karen
12-06-2007, 05:19 AM
One more week - you'll be in our prayers, dear one!

Daisy and Delilah
12-06-2007, 05:52 AM
I'm so sorry, Lut. I wish I were there to give you some big hugs. I hope your pains take a vacation until you can get in for the surgery. I know......that's easier said than done. :(

{{{{{{{LUT}}}}}}}

Randi
12-06-2007, 07:10 AM
What a disappoinment, I'm so sorry, Lut. :( I hope the surgeon can do it next friday. Try to keep your chin up. :) Will be sending positive thoughts.

cyber-sibes
12-06-2007, 08:36 AM
So sorry they had to postpone your surgery, Lut. It must be a huge disappointment. Let's see....there's always a silver lining....hey! this means you will be home to get more PT Christmas cards this week!
Well it won't make up for the week-long wait, but maybe it will bring you a few smiles in the meanwhile. :p

Maya & Inka's mommy
12-06-2007, 08:47 AM
Let's see....there's always a silver lining....hey! this means you will be home to get more PT Christmas cards this week!

the postal services are on strike..... :(

Logan
12-06-2007, 11:11 AM
Oh Lut, I am so sorry you are having to wait. But the good thing is that you were approved for the surgery, which I know had you worried before. I'm going to say a prayer for you and hope that you will find a way to get through this next week and be on your way to feeling better, starting next Friday!!!!!

Logan

gini
12-06-2007, 11:17 AM
Oh Lut, what a huge disappointment for you. Please dear God, get her through just one more week and then be at her side during the surgery next Friday.

joycenalex
12-06-2007, 01:22 PM
oh lut i am so sorry. ((gentle hugs))

ramanth
12-06-2007, 02:21 PM
Lut I am so sorry. :( *HUGS* Prayers that the week flies by fast.

Pawsitive Thinking
12-06-2007, 03:43 PM
Oh no! I really don't know what to say.......I can't begin to imagine how distressed you must be feeling right now.

Can only hope that the operation on the poor soul who needed your time slot was a big success......

You take care my friend - will be on msn all of next week in case you need me

pitc9
12-06-2007, 03:47 PM
Sending {{hug}} after {{hug}} after {{{hug}}} to you!
I hope the week flies by for you!

catnapper
12-06-2007, 04:09 PM
Oh Lut, I am so sorry! I know how this must be a major blow to you. (((hugs)))

lizbud
12-06-2007, 04:31 PM
Oh, bummer. :( It does sound like it was for a good reason to do
the brain surgery first, but still, it is so disappointing to have the date
extended. I hope all goes well & the time flies by.

phesina
12-06-2007, 06:27 PM
Oh, Lut, I am so sorry. We are all sending you hugs and purrs and good wishes of support.

Love,
Pat, Peony, Sydney, Poppy, and Elmer (and Priscilla Angel fluttering nearby)

krazyaboutkatz
12-07-2007, 01:45 AM
Lut, I'm so sorry to hear this.:( I hope that the week will go by quickly and that you won't be in too much pain. I'll be keeping you in my thoughts and prayers. Please take care. (((HUGS)))

Maya & Inka's mommy
12-07-2007, 11:00 AM
* Bump *

joycenalex
12-07-2007, 11:27 AM
lut can you do anymore pain meds today? and what is your pain level like? gentle hugs

Maya & Inka's mommy
12-07-2007, 03:47 PM
lut can you do anymore pain meds today? and what is your pain level like? gentle hugs

I don't know it in numbers, but they told me I have a very low pain level :( , which makes me feel the slightest pain.... :mad:
I am already taking a maximum of painkillers! They make me sleepy all day.

Alysser
12-07-2007, 03:59 PM
I am so sorry you have to live with constant pain. (((hugs))) I hope the next week flies by fast!

Catty1
12-07-2007, 07:56 PM
I hope you are taking the meds and sleeping! Oh, Lut - I hope the time flies for you!

What would be a good distraction for you? Really stupid jokes? We could do a Thread for Lut!

HUGS HUGS HUGS!

Maya & Inka's mommy
12-08-2007, 04:11 AM
I hope you are taking the meds and sleeping! Oh, Lut - I hope the time flies for you!

What would be a good distraction for you? Really stupid jokes? We could do a Thread for Lut!

HUGS HUGS HUGS!

Funny cat-pics!!

joycenalex
12-08-2007, 06:15 AM
lolcats.com
joke---i was at a yard sale one day and saw a box marked "electronic dog and cat caller", when i opened it i saw it was a can opener. of course i got it. and no more jokes from me, giggling hurts today. gentle hugs lut

joycenalex
12-08-2007, 06:19 AM
really last one....howtoholdacat.blogspot.com, really last one..teehee

Pawsitive Thinking
12-08-2007, 02:58 PM
Catty delivers the goods:

http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?t=136833

anna_66
12-09-2007, 07:52 AM
Lut I'm so sorry to read this:( I can only pray that time goes by quickly for you.

(((HUGS)))
Anna

Maya & Inka's mommy
12-11-2007, 04:39 AM
UPDATE on SURGERY

I have news about the surgery!
Since a few days the wound next to my spine is acting weird: bleeding and later lots of pus :eek: .
I warned the hospital and they send a nurse to look at this; he(it is a male nurse) will come back on wednesday.
The wound has to be taken care of every day!
I hope so very much that it will be all cured by friday :rolleyes: .

On friday, I must go to the hospital like it was decided last week.
The surgeon will look at the wound. If it isn't anything serious, he will reopen the wound and take out the "catheder" which is still there now; he will then also implant the stimulator :) :)

If the infection is to big( lots of pus again), he won't implant that stimulator because of the risk of rejecting... . I will have to wait then untill the infection is completely done... :( :(

I think you all can guess which option is my favorite... :D

Killearn Kitties
12-11-2007, 05:07 AM
What a horrible situation. I very much hope that you will be able to have your surgery this Friday. All fingers will be crossed for you, Lut!

Karen
12-11-2007, 06:17 AM
You'll be in our prayers!

joycenalex
12-11-2007, 06:18 AM
many prayers for you lut! here's hoping the wound is easily cleaned out and you're healthy enough for surgery. (hugs)

cyber-sibes
12-11-2007, 06:35 AM
:) Still praying for you, Lut. :)

Felicia's Mom
12-11-2007, 07:35 AM
Keeping you in my prayers, Lut!

Pawsitive Thinking
12-11-2007, 07:50 AM
Hope the infection clears up enough for you to have your op this week

anna_66
12-11-2007, 07:54 AM
Saying prayers for you that everything works out as planned.

Medusa
12-11-2007, 08:21 AM
A case of good news, bad news. I sure hope this ordeal ends for you soon, girl. Prayers continuing that all goes well......

Catty1
12-11-2007, 10:22 PM
Prayers sent; toes, eyes, fingers, and paws crossed here!

HUGS!

gini
12-11-2007, 11:47 PM
Lut - the days are getting shorter - you are in my prayers.

kimlovescats
12-12-2007, 01:01 AM
Oh dear, Lut! I am so sorry that you are still in such horrible pain and having to wait longer for your surgery!! I am a terrible "waiter" myself, so I would be really having a hissy by now if I were you! ;)

I pray that the infection on your back is all healed up and the surgery is "a go" for Friday!

Hugs,
Kim ;)

krazyaboutkatz
12-12-2007, 01:08 AM
Lut, I'm so sorry to hear this.:( I hope that your wound will be healed up by Friday so that your surgery will go as planned. I'll continue to keep you in my thoughts and prayers. Please take care. (((HUGS)))

Maya & Inka's mommy
12-12-2007, 09:37 AM
New update

The pus keeps coming out, and nobody understands where it ie coming from :eek: ;
So what will happen now on friday?

1) I must go to the hospital as was agreed on
2) the surgeon will open the wound and will find out what is causing the infection
3) 2 possibilities:
a) he sees that it is all coming from an allergy to the "needlework". In that case he will remove the catheder which is where the temporary connection between my spine and the trial stimulator, and implant my definite neurostimulator : everybody happy!!

b) he is NOT happy with what he is seeing there. In this case he will do everything to find the cause and start treating it. The worst is that this surgeon is know, that he refuses to operate even for the slightest infection in that area... . It can take several months before he will implant my stimulator.... Nobody happy :eek: :( :(

I am so scared.... .

Pawsitive Thinking
12-12-2007, 09:43 AM
What an absolute nightmare!

Whatever the outcome, your well-being has to come first so if the infection is too bad to risk an operation the surgeon will be making the right decision..........

Karen
12-12-2007, 09:52 AM
Oh, Lut, you'll be in our prayers more than ever.

Karen
12-12-2007, 10:03 AM
Oh, Lut, you'll be in our prayers more than ever.

pitc9
12-12-2007, 10:08 AM
I'm so sorry this is spinning out of control.
:(

My thoughts and prayers are with you!

lvpets2002
12-12-2007, 10:52 AM
Prayers sent; toes, eyes, fingers, and paws crossed here!

HUGS!
Same Here Lut from our gang.. Lots of Huggss & Prayers being sent..

phesina
12-12-2007, 06:13 PM
Hugs and love and prayers are coming from us too...

Pat and the cats and the Angels

rosethecopycat
12-12-2007, 08:35 PM
My heart goes out to you for your trials.

Prayers being sent for you on Friday.

Maya & Inka's mommy
12-13-2007, 08:49 AM
One more night to go.... . My operation is sceduled at 12 am. Let's hope that the infection is nothing serious, or there won't be an operation :(

pitc9
12-13-2007, 09:28 AM
Paws crossed for you!

{{HUGS}}

Randi
12-13-2007, 10:13 AM
Lut, I'm sorry to hear this latest news. :( I do hope the surgeon will be able to operate on friday and that it will go smoothly.

Sending lots of positive thoughts your way! :)

joycenalex
12-13-2007, 11:10 AM
prayers and positive energy for you dear lut

Catsnclay
12-13-2007, 02:30 PM
Lut-

I just KNOW things will work out for you. I have this feeling, I can't explain it but I just know things will be alright for you!!
>
>
>
>
>

---yes, you can call me strange!! It has been said before! :rolleyes: - ;) ----

phesina
12-13-2007, 05:06 PM
Prayers and good wishes and healing energies are being sent for you, Lut.

Love, hugs, and purrs,
Pat and cats

cassiesmom
12-13-2007, 05:11 PM
Same Here Lut from our gang.. Lots of Huggss & Prayers being sent..

And from here, too, fingers and paws crossed and prayers offered.

My Peanuts
12-13-2007, 05:51 PM
Prayers on the way. I'll be thinking about you all day tomorrow.

Catty1
12-13-2007, 11:58 PM
{{{{hugs}}}} Thinking of you, Lut.

Pawsitive Thinking
12-14-2007, 04:52 AM
My typing will be worse than ever now I've got all my fingers crossed xxx

cyber-sibes
12-14-2007, 05:57 AM
*extra prayers* for you Lut, and sending good positive vibes out to the universe that all is well. God bless you, and He'll hold your hand through this.

anna_66
12-14-2007, 06:33 AM
Lut I'll be thinking about you today and praying that everything works out.

joycenalex
12-14-2007, 10:31 AM
lut, still praying for you

Catty1
12-14-2007, 08:45 PM
I hope all went really well...looking forward to updates when you can, or if Indra can let us know...

gini
12-15-2007, 02:01 AM
Lut - you are receiving prayers from me and purrs and snuggles from Rascal, Annie and Emma.

Maya & Inka's mommy
12-15-2007, 03:46 AM
Final update

It wasn't meant to be... :( :(
The infection came from inside, so, instead of getting my miracle neurostimulator, the surgeon had no other choice than removing EVERYTHING :eek: , even the elektrodes placed in september... :(
I am home, but very much in shock... :(
No great Christmas time for me....

ps. I feel a question coming: what now??? If my body heals well, they will attend a second trial. It will be everything in 1 go then. But.... I will have to wait SEVERAL months for this :( :( .

Killearn Kitties
12-15-2007, 04:55 AM
What a disappointment for you Lut. I'm so sorry that they were not able to go ahead with the final stage in the procedure. All you can do is rest, recuperate, and try to keep yourself strong for a second trial.

Sending you the very best of luck with it.

anna_66
12-15-2007, 05:45 AM
What terrible news for you Lut. I'm so very sorry. I know how much you wanted this all to work out and so did we.
I just wish I had some words to make you feel better.
(((HUGS)))
Anna

chocolatepuppy
12-15-2007, 05:51 AM
I'm so sorry Lut. {hugs}

joycenalex
12-15-2007, 07:55 AM
lut i am so sorry for you. do you know why an infection set in and you weren't aware of how serious it was? gentle hugs for better days ahead

Catty1
12-15-2007, 09:40 AM
Oh NO. Oh sweetie....

If they know what nerve to stimulate..I wish they could cauterize it...even if it is temporary, it will see you through.

I hope they can find another way... :(

HUGS!

phesina
12-15-2007, 10:22 AM
Oh, I am so sorry. This has all been such an ordeal for you.

Love and purrs and gentle hugs to you,
Peony, Sydney, Poppy, Elmer, and Pat, and all the Angels

Karen
12-15-2007, 01:08 PM
Final update

The infection came from inside, so, instead of getting my miracle neurostimulator, the surgeon had no other choice than removing EVERYTHING :eek: , even the elektrodes placed in september... :(

ps. I feel a question coming: what now??? If my body heals well, they will attend a second trial. It will be everything in 1 go then. But.... I will have to wait SEVERAL months for this :( :( .

Oh, dear, you will be in our prayers, for healing and for hope.

lizbud
12-15-2007, 04:02 PM
Oh Lut, I am so sorry things didn't work out this time. :( I will be
thinking of you & praying for success after you heal up. Hang in there.

cyber-sibes
12-15-2007, 04:28 PM
dear Lut, I'm so sorry you had your hopes dashed like that, what a shock. Praying that you recover and gain your strength back. Hopefully the next time it will be successful. I truly wish there was something more we could do to help you.

cassiesmom
12-15-2007, 07:57 PM
Final update

Antibiotics to treat the infection? Prayers for exceptional healing so a second trial will be a possibility.

Catty1
12-15-2007, 08:11 PM
Lut, I sent you a PM regarding stuff that can be injected into the nerve to dull it for a while, it's one treatment for neuropathic pain....I am hoping your docs can do something like that to keep you comfortable for a while...

When they DO the surgery again, it's not another trial, is it? I mean - they put everything in and it's done? No more testing?

HUGS

krazyaboutkatz
12-15-2007, 08:22 PM
Lut, I'm so sorry to hear this.:( I hope that you'll heal quickly and that you won't be in too much pain while you're waiting to have this surgery again. Please take care. (((HUGS)))

Maya & Inka's mommy
12-16-2007, 11:37 PM
** B U M P **

caseysmom
12-16-2007, 11:43 PM
I have been following this I am sorry I haven't updated. I am sorry for the bad news. I know pain is the worst and takes over your whole life. I will keep praying for you, you are the sweetest lady and you sure don't deserve this.

gini
12-17-2007, 12:20 AM
Dear Lut, what a terrible disappointment for you. This has been going on so long and I am sure you must be at your wits end.

I will feel much better about the whole procedure once you are confident that the infection has completely gone away. That is a complication that you don't need and could cause you further problems.

You know that every one of us here care about you and are pulling and praying for you.

When you are down - please come to us because we all have big shoulders and are ready to let you have a good old fashioned cry.

Much love to you.
Gini

Pawsitive Thinking
12-17-2007, 04:35 AM
Oh no!

Wish there was something I could do to help you through this latest setback :( :(

I hope it doesn't get you down too much and that stupid infection clears up really quick!!!! 2008 WILL be your year

Alysser
12-17-2007, 07:34 PM
I am so sorry it had to be this way. :( (((hugs)))

pitc9
12-18-2007, 08:38 AM
Oh No.... I'm so sorry.

I wish I could take your pain away. :(

{{{hugs}}}

JenBKR
12-18-2007, 10:22 AM
Oh no Lut, I am just seeing the latest update. I am so sorry that I haven't been here for you lately. I feel so awful that this is happening. You are in my thoughts and prayers, I hope that the infection goes away, and that something can be done about your pain. ((((hugs))))

Maya & Inka's mommy
12-18-2007, 12:45 PM
Antibiotics to treat the infection? .

I am taking those now!

I am so sorry that I haven't been here for you lately.

Don't feel bad about this sweety; you have now a gorgeous new son Ty who needs his mommy all day :)