PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone heard of the Chrisco Christmas hampers?

NicoleLJ
12-04-2007, 09:21 AM
Just wondering if anyone else has heard of them and gotten hampers from them? Last year I had the foresight to decide to try their company. What they do is have a catalog of different hampers that have food in them. You pick a hamper and then pick how to pay. Weekly, Bi-weekly or monthly. You pay it off during the year and then at Christmas it arrives already paid for. Yes it is more expensive then going out and buying the stuff on your own. But since you are paying for it through the year you are not feeling the extra pinch at Christmas to get the food, it is delivered right to your door. Ours will be arriving on the 11th. For those few who know my situation they can understand why I am so glad I did this and how much it is needed. It will at least bring some Christmas cheer.

So has anyone else tried them? If so what was it like? They are listed with the better business bureau which is why I decided to give them a chance last year.
Nicole & Ronan

Freedom
12-04-2007, 09:51 AM
I never heard of it before.

Here is the link for anyone else who (like me) is curious to learn more!

http://www.chriscohampers.ca/shop/home.aspx

OH!! It doesn't look like it is offered in the US.

http://www.chriscohampers.ca/Shop/ChriscoWorldwide.aspx

NicoleLJ
12-04-2007, 09:56 AM
Having a Duh moment. lol Thanks for posting the link. I totally forgot.

What? Not in the US? I never realized that. I knew it was in Canada but hadn't looked to see where else.
Nicole & Ronan

carole
12-04-2007, 08:25 PM
We have them in NZ as well, they charge a heck lot more than it would to actually make the hamper up yourself, but some people prefer this option of paying it off and getting it at the end of the year, it is not economic enough for me to do it, but if it suits you then they are ideal, would make nice gifts to others as well.

lizbud
12-05-2007, 04:41 PM
What's a hamper? and what the heck is a toonie? :confused: :)

Crazy-Cat-Lover
12-05-2007, 04:52 PM
what the heck is a toonie? :confused: :)

A toonie is a $2.00 coin. Pretty soon they are introducing $5.00 coins here in Canada, and getting rid of the penny. :)