PDA

View Full Version : I'm really scared. :( (bad news?)

Cookiebaker
12-04-2007, 07:01 AM
So yesterday, we were all on our bed, and I noticed a bloody spot after Malone was there. I couldn't figure out where it was coming from, and kinda passed it off.

This morning, I was writing email, and he was on the floor beside me and licking, licking, licking. I told him to knock it off. A few minutes later, we were in the kitchen, and he started up at it again.

I bent down to look, and there is this huge lump by his elbow. :eek: It is very raw and red, and slightly bloody and he will nOT leave it alone today. :( I am going to call the vet as soon as they open (9 am)

Please keep us in your thoughts that this is nothing....

(I will attach a picture)

WELOVESPUPPIES
12-04-2007, 07:03 AM
Awww Malone, I surely hope that yucky booboo is nothing to worry about. Will be thinking of you until your mommy posts news that all is well. ((hugs)).

Freedom
12-04-2007, 07:10 AM
Prayers that it is something easily addressed! Let us know when you learn more.

pitc9
12-04-2007, 07:15 AM
Ouchie!!
I pray it's nothing and the white coats give you something to make it feel better (and look better) soon!

Maybe it could be an elbow callouse that ruptured??

{{{hugs}}}

Daisy and Delilah
12-04-2007, 07:28 AM
Kisses, Hugs, Thoughts and Prayers going out :( Get Better Malone!!

BC_MoM
12-04-2007, 08:47 AM
Maybe it could be an elbow callouse that ruptured??

That's what I was wondering. Ouchies! Good luck at the vet!

Lori Jordan
12-04-2007, 09:37 AM
That's what I was wondering. Ouchies! Good luck at the vet!

Lacy has raw elbows and that has happend to he before also,She is like that too she will lick a little scratch until it is raw and bleeding...

I am not vet,But it really looks like what lacy has had on both elbows.

Best of luck at the vets today

CountryWolf07
12-04-2007, 07:45 PM
Aren't those common on Labrador Retrievers? Mike's Dozer has that on his elbows..

K9soul
12-04-2007, 07:50 PM
Poor boy :(. Hoping there will be good news from the vet's office. Elbow calluses are common but the picture of that does look like a more raised area and that it is pretty irritated and raw.

chocolatepuppy
12-04-2007, 08:36 PM
Pawsitive thoughts that it's nothing serious.

Cookiebaker
12-04-2007, 09:18 PM
Thanks for the kind thoughts. :) We made an appointment for Thursday, the earliest that they could see him.

And, I just wanted to add that the spot is about an inch away from his elbow callous, and not actually on the part he lays on (which is right next to my thumb in the picture). I had it twisted around so that I could take a picture of it. And I guess that's why I am concerned about it. I was doing some thorough searching on him today, and I also found another lump close to his ear, and am doubly freaked out. Thursday can't get hear quick enough. :(

Tollers-n-Dobes
12-04-2007, 09:46 PM
Poor Malone! I hope it's nothing serious. I'll be thinking of you and him until you see the vet. :)

wolf_Q
12-04-2007, 09:47 PM
I hope its nothing serious! I'll be thinking of you and Malone!

Lori Jordan
12-04-2007, 09:57 PM
I was doing some thorough searching on him today

Don't!!!!!!!!!

I have done this many times,I will call the vet and say i found this...this...and this on the computer....

They have proved me wrong every time,They have told me to stay away from that and to wait until the vet has seen the animal.

I hope this gives you a piece of mind,Im just saying i have done this many times before,and gotten myself all freaked out and worried.

It really is hard the waiting game...But it will be here before you know it,And Malone will me just fine.

K9karen
12-04-2007, 10:37 PM
In the meantime, can you put Neosphorin on it? Do you think it's itchy or painful? Could be it's bloody and raw from Malone licking it. My RB Cody had something similar near his elbow but it was just a fatty cyst that broke from his messing with it. I hope and pray it's nothing serious. Please, please let us know as soon as you get home! Please give him extra kisses and hugs for me.

shais_mom
12-04-2007, 10:42 PM
poor Malone.
Keegan is full of lumps and bumps. I tell her she's as lumpy as mashed potatoes! :)
He's a golden/yellow lab mix isn't he so if he's got golden in him he would be prone to lumpies...
will keep my fingers crossed and prayers sent!

Ginger's Mom
12-05-2007, 05:51 AM
More good thoughts going out for Malone.

ChrisH
12-05-2007, 07:03 AM
Poor Malone. :( http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v11/CwmmawrJet/Smiles/console.gif Prayers and positive thoughts on the way.

finn's mom
12-05-2007, 07:19 AM
It looks like what Finn had once...a histiocytoma I think is how it's spelled. Totally harmless (at least most of the time...felt like i should edit that phrase!) if that's what it is. I hope it's nothing serious. Finn's was between his toes, and my vet said she sees it often right on their faces. Poor Malone. I hope you get good news soon.

pitc9
12-05-2007, 07:32 AM
Since your vet doesn't want to see him right away, that should make you feel a little better!?
(easy for me to say... :p )

Thinking of you!!
{{hugs}}

Freedom
12-05-2007, 07:51 AM
Just checking in; will keep you both in prayers.

anna_66
12-05-2007, 08:41 AM
Owie!

I'm with Angie, if the vet feels it's not an emergency that's good news (easy for us to say isn't it:o)

Lots of hugs and prayers for both you and Malone.

I'll be waiting to hear the update.

Randi
12-05-2007, 09:03 AM
Oh, poor Malone. :( I do hope it's nothing serious. Fister and I will keep all paws and fingers crossed for him.

Anita Cholaine
12-05-2007, 09:12 AM
Poor boy :( We'll be keeping fingers and paws crossed hoping that it's nothing serious.

kimlovescats
12-05-2007, 11:55 AM
I hope it's nothing serious with dear Malone! From what others have said, it doesn't sound like it is! Sure hope they are right!!

NOW, I have to tell you how ADORABLE your siggy pic is of Lydia Mae!!! :D

Kim

Catlady711
12-05-2007, 07:30 PM
Don't!!!!!!!!!

I have done this many times,I will call the vet and say i found this...this...and this on the computer....

They have proved me wrong every time,They have told me to stay away from that and to wait until the vet has seen the animal.

I hope this gives you a piece of mind,Im just saying i have done this many times before,and gotten myself all freaked out and worried.

It really is hard the waiting game...But it will be here before you know it,And Malone will me just fine.

While I agree 100% with your comment there's one little problem....
she wasn't refering to researching his ailment on the net she was searching his body over for more lumps which she found one by his ear. Hopefully it's just a fatty lipoma and a lick granuloma and nothing more serious.

Keep us posted.

ramanth
12-05-2007, 09:34 PM
Oh Owie! :( Poor Malone. Many prayers it's nothing serious. *HUGS*

anna_66
12-06-2007, 07:41 AM
Just thinking of Malone this morning. I won't be home all day and wanted to wish you good luck at the vets today.

(((HUGS)))
Anna

ramanth
12-06-2007, 01:23 PM
Thinking of you and Malone too. *hugs*

Cookiebaker
12-06-2007, 02:20 PM
We just got home, and no horrible bad news :) I was really stressed out at trying to get both dog and baby into the vets office 'cause Mark had an emergency call 3 hours away and couldn't go. *sigh* But we made it in the office in one piece and left in one piece ;)

The vet isn't worried at all about the lump near his ear...she thinks it looks "normal" and we'll just keep an eye on it.

She said she is a tad more worried about the lump near his elbow, and we are gonna do a run of antibiotics, and check back after that to make sure it heals. If it doesn't heal over within 2 months, then we will have it removed and biopsied to make sure it isn't malignant.

So thanks for the good thoughts, and I'll keep ya posted!! meanwhile send us some healing vibes! :D ;)

dukedogsmom
12-06-2007, 02:25 PM
I'm glad the vet isn't too worried. I hope Malone will get well soon. Give him some hugs from me.

ramanth
12-06-2007, 02:33 PM
Glad to hear it went well! Prayers that the antibiotics do the trick!

Ginger's Mom
12-06-2007, 02:41 PM
I am so happy to hear that the vet doesn't think it is anything too serious. More positive thoughts and healing vibes are being sent your way.

pitc9
12-06-2007, 03:41 PM
Glad to hear!
I hope the pills do the trick!

{{hugs}}

Freedom
12-06-2007, 05:54 PM
Malone, be a good doggie and take your meds, OK? We really want you to heal up and let mom report all is well!

kimlovescats
12-06-2007, 06:04 PM
Glad to hear the vet doesn't think it's anything bad! Hope the meds clear it all up quickly!

Kim

finn's mom
12-06-2007, 11:11 PM
I'm glad to hear that news. :) Thanks for telling us so quickly. I know we were worried right along with you!

anna_66
12-07-2007, 07:28 AM
I am so happy to hear that the vet doesn't think it is anything too serious. More positive thoughts and healing vibes are being sent your way.
Same here!

Lots of love, hugs and prayers coming your way Anna.

K9karen
12-07-2007, 09:35 PM
Add me to the prayer list! Hoping and praying that the antibiotics do the trick! Lots of hugs to that handsome boy!!! (what a pro you are! A dog and a baby to the vet!!!! )