PDA

View Full Version : Al Gore Jr., Edwiina's Sec't. and Me!

RICHARD
12-04-2007, 01:21 AM
Or,
For who the Toll Roads?

In the county of ES and Edwina and Eduardo there is a fairly new part of roadway called a 'toll road'.

My job makes me travel around the So Cal area and drive thru areas that I would not pass thru ordinarily!

On this day My brother and I passed too far into the toll road area and were
forced to exit on an off ramp of the toll road tha passes thru Orange County...The land of ES, Edwin and Eduardo!

Driving a new rental truck with no license plates and not the exact change, we exited the toll road and came to the off ramp with the obligartory signage that tells us that there is a 141 dollar fine for exiting the road without paying the 1.40 dollar toll! :D

Barbara
12-04-2007, 07:33 AM
At least you know where you could have borrowed the money if you find Edwina's and Eddie's house;)
BTW- I know where the toll road is- from last year :D

Cinder & Smoke
12-04-2007, 11:20 AM
For who the Toll Roads?

Driving a new rental truck with no license plates and not the exact change,
we exited the toll road and came to the off ramp
with the obligartory signage that tells us that there is a 141 dollar fine
for exiting the road without paying the 1.40 dollar toll! :D

Didn't your Mommy ever tell ya to FINISH a Tail once you start TELLIN it!?? :eek:
:(

Soooooooooo ...

* Are you writing from the comforts of JAIL?
* Pickin up trash along said Toll Road till you work off $141 + "Costs"?
* Confined to the Pillory http://tbn0.google.com/images?q=tbn:ARy3FrzNcqN5ZM:www.beavton.k12.or.us/jacob_wismer/fourth/colonies/images/pillory-stocks.jpg beside the "$141 Fine Sign" for another two daze?
* Still leading a dozen CHP Cars in a wild chase down the back roads?

* Or did you put on your "Poor Folk" face and pan-handle the $1.40?

Been There - Dun That! :rolleyes:
Ever try to JAM a dollar bill into an "Exact Change" Hopper??
Lights Flash ~ Horns *HONK* ~ Sirens Sound ~ Cop *LAFFED* his butt off!

Now ... FINISH the Tail!

Edwina's Secretary
12-04-2007, 11:26 AM
So I assume you paid the $1.40 toll????

I remember once in Chicago, where tolls are far more common, I was behind a car with at least six people in it. Of course, I was running late for a flight. Between them they could not come up with the 40 cents for the toll. I had to sit and wait while the attendant came out of the booth, took down the plate number, their registration, address, etc.

I also want to know where you found a $1.40 toll??? It is almost $5.00 where I use it....

momoffuzzyfaces
12-04-2007, 12:34 PM
You were that close to ES, Edwina, and Eddie and didn't stop in to say, "Howdy?" :eek: :D

gini
12-04-2007, 05:50 PM
Didn't your Mommy ever tell ya to FINISH a Tail once you start TELLIN it!?? :eek:
:(

Soooooooooo ...

* Are you writing from the comforts of JAIL?
* Pickin up trash along said Toll Road till you work off $141 + "Costs"?
* Confined to the Pillory http://tbn0.google.com/images?q=tbn:ARy3FrzNcqN5ZM:www.beavton.k12.or.us/jacob_wismer/fourth/colonies/images/pillory-stocks.jpg beside the "$141 Fine Sign" for another two daze?
* Still leading a dozen CHP Cars in a wild chase down the back roads?

* Or did you put on your "Poor Folk" face and pan-handle the $1.40?

Been There - Dun That! :rolleyes:
Ever try to JAM a dollar bill into an "Exact Change" Hopper??
Lights Flash ~ Horns *HONK* ~ Sirens Sound ~ Cop *LAFFED* his butt off!

Now ... FINISH the Tail!

Betcha Richard can't answer you because he and his brother are still laffin too hard!;)

Killearn Kitties
12-04-2007, 06:03 PM
Betcha Richard can't answer you because he and his brother are still laffin too hard!;)
Or maybe they are both behind bars!!! :eek:

cassiesmom
12-04-2007, 06:30 PM
I remember once in Chicago, where tolls are far more common, I was behind a car with at least six people in it. Of course, I was running late for a flight. Between them they could not come up with the 40 cents for the toll. I had to sit and wait while the attendant came out of the booth, took down the plate number, their registration, address, etc....

Oh yea ... only on the Illinois Tollway ... every other state has a better way to collect those. Our tollways have shiny blue signs with the governor's name on them. :rolleyes:

Edwina's Secretary
12-04-2007, 06:51 PM
I heard on the radio about a bank robber...hispanic male...over six feet tall, shaggy hair and unshaven...

RICHARD...it was only $1.40! :D :D ;) :D :D

gini
12-04-2007, 08:03 PM
Or maybe they are both behind bars!!! :eek:

Do you mean like "Thursdays Bar?" - yes, well that fits - they both could
be behind bars........trying to make $1.40 between them to pay the toll:D

Killearn Kitties
12-05-2007, 01:41 AM
Do you mean like "Thursdays Bar?" - yes, well that fits - they both could
be behind bars........trying to make $1.40 between them to pay the toll:D
We had better start tipping more on Thursdays.

RICHARD
12-15-2007, 04:17 AM
I tossed in the 57 cents that I had, tried to get change from the machine that only takes ones and fives.....I only had a twenty...I held up the bill to the closed circuit camera, shrugged and drove off.

P.S. Those machines do not take pennies! (*$#%&%(&

After laughing off the whole situation, I was driving down the freeway and was hit by an ARTICULATED LORRY.

I guess sideswiped is a better term..after pulling over and having the semi driver take the blame and telling us to to drive on, I pulled off the road and checked our truck for damage.

NONE AT ALL!

I said a prayer to the God of Toll Roads, apologized for laughing at Al Gore Jr.'s police problems in Orange County and I really did drive by ES' house....

As we pulled off the toll freeway of ramp, I drove by her street and thought. I have been here before....

------------------------

ES, If you go north on the toll road and get off on the first off ramp it's only 1.40.....Or you can pull the plates off your car and travel for FREE!

Killearn Kitties
12-15-2007, 06:42 AM
After laughing off the whole situation, I was driving down the freeway and was hit by an ARTICULATED LORRY.
Oh no! :eek:

So have you been away all this time cooking the chickens???

Freedom
12-15-2007, 08:20 AM
What the heck is an ARTICULATED truck???

lbaker
12-15-2007, 09:48 AM
A semi with a British accent ~ ;) :p BBQ at Thursdays, all the chicken you can scrape up :D

Killearn Kitties
12-15-2007, 11:46 AM
What the heck is an ARTICULATED truck???
:D Post 9 on this thread (http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?t=134717&highlight=chickens) explains what it is. I think I would need a lie down before explaining that one again.

Laurie, a semi here describes a type of house. :eek: Please tell me Richard wasn't hit by a house while driving down the freeway.

Edwina's Secretary
12-15-2007, 12:03 PM
The housing market has become so dismal here in SoCal that people are driving them to work....haven't you heard???? :D ;) :D

Lady's Human
12-15-2007, 04:09 PM
I didn't think you allowed mobile homes in SoCal, Sara. :p

Edwina's Secretary
12-15-2007, 04:30 PM
I didn't think you allowed mobile homes in SoCal, Sara. :p

Motor homes not mobile....sounds so much more...Hollywood!... :p

Catty1
12-15-2007, 08:14 PM
From KK in other thread....

I think "articulated lorry" describes a vehicle where the cab/tractor bit at the front bolts on to a container at the back, thus enabling the lorry to jackknife and spill its contents all over the road, as opposed to a vehicle where the cab is an integral part of the storage space. Do you follow me?

Well, if people HAVE to live in the things they drive, at least the dwellings are well-spoken. :p

RICHARD
12-20-2007, 02:13 PM
That is what I love about PT.

It's funny stories and a chance to learn new terms and what they mean from place to place! :D