PDA

View Full Version : Favorite holiday show?

Freedom
12-03-2007, 08:11 PM
What is your favorite holiday program?

I love all the Rankin Bass shows from the 1960's; grew up with them. But my all time fav is The Year Without a Santa Claus. (saw it tonight)

I also HAVE to watch White Christmas with Bing Crosby and Danny Kaye, Vera-Ellen and Rosemary Clooney at least once. (saw it over the weekend)

Which version of Scrooge do you like best? I enjoy the one with Patrick Stewart, but I like the one with Alistair Sim best.

And finally, I also enjoy the Peter, Paul and Mary Holiday show, it comes on PBS now and then.

Thank goodness for the ABCFamily channel's 25 days of Christmas!

Ginger's Mom
12-03-2007, 08:41 PM
A Charlie Brown Christmas is probably my favorite, followed in very close order by Twas the Night Before Christmas (with the mice), Scrooge with Albert Finney (my favorite Christmas Carol :) ), and Miracle on 34th Street. I also really like It's a Wonderful Life but I don't have the emotional attachment to that one as I do the four listed above.

GiantSchnauzer
12-03-2007, 09:38 PM
I love those Rankin Bass shows too! Rudoph is on tomorrow. My all time FAVE is A Christmas Story.

davidpizzica
12-04-2007, 05:13 AM
What is your favorite holiday program?

I love all the Rankin Bass shows from the 1960's; grew up with them. But my all time fav is The Year Without a Santa Claus. (saw it tonight)

I also HAVE to watch White Christmas with Bing Crosby and Danny Kaye, Mitzi Gaynor and Rosemary Clooney at least once. (saw it over the weekend)

Which version of Scrooge do you like best? I enjoy the one with Patrick Stewart, but I like the one with Alistair Sim best.

And finally, I also enjoy the Peter, Paul and Mary Holiday show, it comes on PBS now and then.

Thank goodness for the ABCFamily channel's 25 days of Christmas!
Freedom, we must like the same christmas specials! I taped "the year without a santa" claus" last night and I like "Santa Claus is coming to town", too. "White christmas I love (with Vera-Ellen not Mitzi Gaynor!), and any version of "A Christmas Carol". "A Christmas Story" is also high on my list!

Freedom
12-04-2007, 07:03 AM
. "White christmas I love (with Vera-Ellen not Mitzi Gaynor!),
Duh, I editted post #1 and corrected that My "oops!"

davidpizzica
12-04-2007, 04:04 PM
Duh, I editted post #1 and corrected that My "oops!"
Freedom, I think I know every line in that movie!

elizabethann
12-04-2007, 04:09 PM
Last year I watched Polar Express for the first time and fell in love with it. I watched it again last Friday night but I missed the last 10 minutes (Fenway had to do his business). I think it's on again this Friday night. So I can't wait to watch it.

I love the line, "I Believe"..."I Believe"..."I Believe".

:)

lvpets2002
12-04-2007, 04:16 PM
;) Oh My = Mine is & always The Christmas Story && The Miracle on Elm Street & The Scrudge {diff versions}..

Muddy4paws
12-04-2007, 04:52 PM
The snowman. I will be 20 this year and have watched it EVERY year since I was 6 years old. :D Its always on Christmas day. Its a cartoon and I love it, Christmas wouldn't be the same without it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ponB8Hd_lG4

(You can watch it online ) I think its only on tv in the UK though.

I also love muppets christmas carol! one of the old classics for me. I also seem to watch oliver twist at christmas too. :D

Freedom
12-04-2007, 08:17 PM
The snowman. I will be 20 this year and have watched it EVERY year since I was 6 years old. :D Its always on Christmas day. Its a cartoon and I love it, Christmas wouldn't be the same without it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ponB8Hd_lG4

(You can watch it online ) I think its only on tv in the UK though.

I also love muppets christmas carol! one of the old classics for me. I also seem to watch oliver twist at christmas too. :D

I LOVE that one -- I have it on video! I think PBS shows it in this country, can't remember for sure. I saw it on TV just once and fell in love with that song!!

cyber-sibes
12-04-2007, 10:31 PM
Oh, so many great ones to choose from... But I look forward every year to A Christmas Story and laugh till I cry watching it! Brings back so many memories of my own childhood. I love the classics - White Christmas, It's a Wonderful Life, & Miracle on 34th St. A few more on my fav list are - the Snowman (what a magical piece of art!) and Scrooged, with Bill Murray - I love all the characters in that one!
For those who like the Polar Express, you must get the book. Chris van Allsburg's illustrations are superb! I gave it to my sons when they were young, along with a bell on a leather strap.

davidpizzica
12-05-2007, 05:06 AM
I enjoy "It's A Wonderful Life" not only because it's a great movie, but because my father knew Jimmy Stewart in school in Indiana, Pa.

Zippy
12-05-2007, 02:15 PM
A christmas story is one of my favorites.I watch it every christmas.

dukedogsmom
12-05-2007, 02:38 PM
Charlie Brown Christmas has got to be it. Favorite movie would be White Christmas. I haven't seen it in years. Too many to pic a favorite because Scrooged is one of my most favorite movies of all time. Now I'm gonna have to drag it out and watch it.

jackie
12-05-2007, 02:51 PM
"you'll shoot your eye out." :p

The Griswold's Christmas Vacation is a classic too!

Cincy'sMom
12-05-2007, 05:37 PM
Christmas Eve on Sesame Street, Emmit Otter's Jug Band Christmas, Santa Claus, the Movie (with Dudley Moore and John Lithgow) and of course, A Christmas Story

sparks19
12-05-2007, 09:34 PM
A Charlie Brown Christmas
Christmas vacation
Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer
Frosty the Snowman
A Christmas Story

And my ALL time favourite

How the Grinch Stole Christmas (the cartoon version)