PDA

View Full Version : I dont know how much more i can take!

racing_gurl07
12-03-2007, 01:03 PM
I only have 20 days to go! and im freaking out about EVERYTHING!!! I dont have any of Delilahs stuff here yet, its still at my parents 2 hours away, they are going to bring it once im in the hospital or before...lets hope.

I am very irritable around everyone! every little thing makes me mad and sets me off! Im either REALLY happy or REALLY crabby and taking it out on everyone around me.

im also freaking out about the pain....is it going to hurt? like what kind of pain...like pain where you havent taken a BM in 2 weeks? or pain where you chop off your legs?

I dont think i can make it another 20 days!!!! it seems wayyy to long!!

and to make it even worse the doc said im 2-3 weeks behind...but he said they will not extened the due date so thats good, im just scared that she will be unheathly and her lungs and etc wont be fully developed :(

Cataholic
12-03-2007, 01:25 PM
Thank you for taking the time to delete your last post on your pregnancy, and the incriminating post about the baby's father. I know I totally appreciate someone taking the time to basically tell me to forget MY advice cause it doesn't flow with the OP's 'desires'.

Karen
12-03-2007, 01:30 PM
You can do this, almost every woman goes through the same emotions at some point in her pregnancy, to one extreme or another. Practice breathing - just to calm yourself easily. Inhale for the count of ten, then exhale for the count of ten. Repeat until you feel your blood pressure go back down. And remember, the baby isn't gonna need much but you and some diapers for the first little while - as long as she's got something to ride home in the car in, you're good to go! Toys and fancy outfits and all that can wait. relax. And the pain is different for every woman I've ever spoken to, so no one can know how it will be for you. The one nearly-universal sentinment about it is: sure, it hurt, but the result was worth it!

Catty1
12-03-2007, 01:32 PM
RG - whatever happens, if your BF takes a turn for the worse in 2 days, or 2 months...please still post here.

{{{{hugs}}}}

Pam
12-03-2007, 03:13 PM
Thank you for taking the time to delete your last post on your pregnancy, and the incriminating post about the baby's father. I know I totally appreciate someone taking the time to basically tell me to forget MY advice cause it doesn't flow with the OP's 'desires'.

:confused: :confused:

Anyway...........All moms are concerned at this point in their pregnancies. You wouldn't be normal if you weren't. The pain, for me anyway, was bearable until it was time for my epidural and then it was a piece of cake. :) Maybe I was just lucky, but I really didn't have long labors and got my epidural when I felt uncomfortable.

If the baby is early and her things aren't there yet, don't worry. It will all work out. Just try to relax and remember, now is the time to enjoy getting a full night of uninterrupted sleep! :p

mina'smomma
12-03-2007, 04:45 PM
:confused: :confused:

Anyway...........All moms are concerned at this point in their pregnancies. You wouldn't be normal if you weren't. The pain, for me anyway, was bearable until it was time for my epidural and then it was a piece of cake. :) Maybe I was just lucky, but I really didn't have long labors and got my epidural when I felt uncomfortable.

If the baby is early and her things aren't there yet, don't worry. It will all work out. Just try to relax and remember, now is the time to enjoy getting a full night of uninterrupted sleep! :p

I agree with Pam and Karen. Right now you need to just take it easy. Worrying about everything around you will just drive you crazy. As I said in my pm my circumstances were unusual for a normal delivery. I know you'll do fine and I can't wait to see pictures of that precious little baby you're carrying. Remember you've always got friends here who will be willing to help you.

carole
12-03-2007, 07:19 PM
Hey there sweetie, all of us who are mothers have felt this way at some stage of our pregnancy usually the last few week,one is so uncomfortable and just wanting it all to be over with and presented with our beautiful healthy baby, try not to worry too much, stress is not good for you or the baby, i am sure baby will be just fine, it is a difficult time towards the end,just know you are not any different to any other expectant mother, soon you will have your beautiful baby and it will all be worth it. Take care and hope all goes well. :)

sparks19
12-03-2007, 09:49 PM
I was very nervous when we went up to labor and delivery and they sprung the surprise that I was going to be induced. I was trembling for a little bit.... but let me tell ya I had nothing to be worried about.

Honestly. I mean I had the epidural because things were going so slow for me and if I was gonna be in labor for 15 hours I was going to be at least moderately comfortable and then they could crank up the pitocin lol.

Just some advice.... Contractions are very uncomfortable and will become quite painful... but nothing close to "chopping your legs off". The epidural only helps with contractions.... you WILL feel when it is time to push and you will feel some pain when you are pushing her out.... but it really is not that bad. At the time you will think it totally SUCKS.... but within minutes you will have completely forgotten the pain. My hubby asked me the next day how bad it really was and I replied with "At the time? It sucked.... it was the hardest work I have ever done. BUt now looking back? Piece of cake." I swear.... I have had an infected toe for two weeks and this is MUCH worse than labor lol at least labor pains only last a few hours and then it's over and the pain is gone.

and don't worry about the baby not being developed....

A) the Dr knows what he is talking about

B) anything over 36 weeks is basically fully developed and then all they are doing is gaining weight. So if you are 2-3 weeks behind and you still deliver on your usual date you are still considered full term and the baby is fully developed.

If you remember anything during labor remember this.... this was the BEST piece of advice I got.....

When it comes time to push.... Take a deep breath tuck your chin down into your chest and curl yourself around your belly.... and when you push DON'T let ANY air escape.... my friend who is a nurse in maternity always says "If I can hear breath coming out of you... you are NOT pushing correctly" and if they tell you to keep pushing You KEEP pushing even if it seems impossible to keep it up... you CAN do it.

And remember that women have been having babies for centuries.... if it were really that bad human kind would be extinct :D and no one would choose to have more than one child.

Good luck