PDA

View Full Version : Pinched Nerve

BC_MoM
12-02-2007, 12:14 PM
This morning I put my hand against the wall and stretched, and I think I pinched a nerve. It hurts right above my shoulder blade. I can't move my neck to the right. The only time I'm comfortable is when I'm laying down, but I've heard it's bad to stay motionless when you have a pinched nerve.

I took some Ibuprofen (Advil) and it's helped a bit, but not a lot.

Is there anything else I can do to help move this along? I work tomorrow and we're receiving stock so I'm going to need to be able to move boxes around.

mousie
12-02-2007, 12:19 PM
I went on google, and this is what I found:

http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/pinched-nerve/DS00879/DSECTION=7

I guess you should just rest the area, keep taking ibuprofen, and if it doesn't improve, go to your doctor. I hope it feels better! It sounds painful :( .

Also, from what I read, you probably shouldn't be moving boxes. Maybe you should talk to your boss and get a doctor's note so you can be excused from heavy lifting and such, if possible.

~abigail

BC_MoM
12-02-2007, 09:20 PM
Thanks for the info mousie. I've found mixed info - some say not to persistence it, some say to exercise it... I'd feel bad not going to work, as I've already had to book off several days because my grandpa was sick.

Hopefully it feels better tomorrow.