PDA

View Full Version : Well hello everyone...Cleo turns 19 tomorrow

TopCat3
12-02-2007, 07:58 AM
Well, it's a while since you all heard from us. :(

I do look in almost every day because COTD is my home page at work, and these days I seem to be spending so much time at work :( that when I get home I just want to eat then sleep (and spend time with my two girls of course)

So I want to wish you all and all of your kitties well and let you know that you are not forgotten, I do catch up with the news from time to time and I am in touch with one or two of you, I just don't post on here or any other of my forums very much these days.

Some of you will remember that Cleo has renal insufficiency and various other medical challenges. She is doing really well and is happy and eating well. Cleo turns 19 tomorrow. She had her monthly check and B12 shot yesterday and is now on daily fluids which we are now splitting to night and morning instead of just night. She has been losing weight and is down to about 2.5kg now. Three shots of anabolic steroids did not seem to do much for her so I have suspended that for the time being to direct funds into more fluids, her medicines and good food. Everything is going up in price and I am working shifts at my old job on the weekends as well as my full time job to help pay for it.

But it doesn't matter, she is still with me and in good shape, continues to amaze everybody who meets her, and I'll do whatever it takes.

I am thrilled she has reached another birthday and Christmas holiday time with me :) and so is her little companion Colette, who now understands Cleo needs help grooming but also capitalises on her slowness by teasing and bullying sometimes :( - they're like naughty children aren't they?

Best wishes everyone for the festive season.

Kind regards
TopCat, Cleo and Colette
Sydney Australia

Laura's Babies
12-02-2007, 11:45 AM
HAPPY 19th BIRTHDAY CLEO!

(that is amazing!!!)

Taz_Zoee
12-02-2007, 11:47 AM
Happy Birthday Cleo! :D

catmandu
12-02-2007, 12:38 PM
CONCATULATIONS TO WONDERFUL CLEO ON HER NINETEETH PURRTHDAY!!
ITS A TRIBUTE TO YOU AND THE WONDERFUL CARE THAT YOU HAVE GIVEN CLEO THAT SHES STILL WITH YOU, AND IS SUCH A HAPPY SENIOR KITTYZEN!!!!

WE HOPE THAT NEXT YEAR WE WILL HEAR THAT YOUR CLEO HAS TURNED 20!!!
BEST WISHES AND PURRRRRS FROM THE LUCKY FOUND PARADISE HOTEL CAT AND FEEDER.
:cool: :rolleyes: :) :p ;) :D :cool: :rolleyes: :cool: :cool:

phesina
12-02-2007, 03:40 PM
Happy Birthday, Cleo! 19, Wow!

Karen
12-02-2007, 04:23 PM
Well, Happy Birthday, Cleo - 19 is impressive indeed!

Vermontcat
12-02-2007, 04:50 PM
Hello Topcat3 and Happy 19th Birthday to sweet Cleo! :D
My cat Samantha is 19 years and 5 months old now and I am thankful for every day she is still with me and for every holiday she gets to enjoy with me too. :)
19 years old is impressive for a cat, keep on doing what you have been doing to keep Cleo happy and well.
I would love it if you could post a photo of Cleo, I just adore Siamese cats. :)

krazyaboutkatz
12-02-2007, 06:13 PM
It's great to see you posting again and I'm glad to hear that Cleo is doing well.:) I hope that you'll be able to relax a little bit soon and enjoy the holidays.:)

HAPPY 19th BIRTHDAY CLEO!!! I hope that Cleo will continue to thrive in your care.:)

momcat
12-02-2007, 06:33 PM
Hey there, TopCat3...great to hear from you again! I do hope yo'll be able to join us again soon.

Groucho and I wish you a very happy 19th birthday, Miss Cleo! You sure are quite an impressive lady! Hoping you get treats and lots of love on your special day! Groucho is sending you happy birthday headbumpies and there are tons of scritchies and lovies coming to you from me!

Donnaj4962
12-02-2007, 07:08 PM
HAPPY 19th BIRTHDAY CLEO!!!!!!!!!!

My Tabitha is also 19! She is still doing well, although she moves slower most days. She doesn't get the "zoomies" anymore, but she does like her nip!

I hope you and Cleo have mant more holidays together!

Medusa
12-02-2007, 07:50 PM
So sweet that Cleo has been w/you for 19 years. Blessings to you both and, hopefully, many more birthdays for Cleo.

AmberLee
12-02-2007, 11:31 PM
Hap, hap, happy birthday, Cleo!!! Enjoy dear girl!

G535
12-03-2007, 12:15 AM
Wow, 19, that's an awfull lot of cat years!

Happy birthday Cleo. :)

TopCat3
12-03-2007, 03:28 AM
Wow, 19, that's an awfull lot of cat years!

Happy birthday Cleo. :)

Yes, according to one cat/human age calculator I used she is the equivalent of 93 years of age in human terms!

Thank you so much everyone for your lovely responses and welcoming us back so warmly.

Cleo and Colette have had their tea of chicken pumpkin and Chinese greens and are now playing with two new toy mice (well, Colette is playing and Cleo is watching bemusedly wondering quite what is it she used to do with these things).

I'll try to upload a short video clip and a pic later.

Now I must feed myself :rolleyes:

CultureJunky
12-03-2007, 05:30 AM
Wow, 19, that is some Milestone Cleo, concatulations on reaching that wonderful grand age and let's hope many more in the future.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY CLEO!

cassiesmom
12-03-2007, 12:12 PM
Happy birthday, dear Cleo!

Felicia's Mom
12-03-2007, 01:09 PM
Happy 19th birthday, Cleo!

Randi
12-03-2007, 02:04 PM
Happy 19th Birthday, Cleo!

I'm glad to hear you're in good shape, and I hope you'll enjoy your birthday with some extra treats and lots of cuddles! Can you tell your mommy to keep doing what she is, it seems to work wonders! :)

Sending kisses and scritchies - and headbumpies from Fister.