PDA

View Full Version : He's a Sloppy Drinker! Jimmy Paw Drinker video added!!

Emeraldgreen
12-01-2007, 09:19 PM
I filmed Paddy drinking water today because he's so goofy. The link is below. He puts his chest right IN the water bowl and then sticks his tongue out about a million or so times while drinking. By the time he's done, he's pretty wet! :D Anyone else out there have some funny water drinkers??

Slurp! (http://s225.photobucket.com/albums/dd102/emeraldcreek/?action=view&current=MVI_3025.flv)

This is a video of our rescued street cat Jimmy. He was found wandering around homeless and quite ill. He was taken in by an animal hospital and became the clinic cat for about a year and then we adopted him about 5 years ago. We think he does this because he probably had to test all the puddles before he drank out them when he was a homeless guy.
Jimmy, Professional Water Tester Guy (http://s225.photobucket.com/albums/dd102/emeraldcreek/?action=view&current=MVI_2157.flv)

krazyaboutkatz
12-01-2007, 11:46 PM
LOL Sky drinks from the other side of the bowl like this except that he doesn't get his chest wet. I've never understood why they need to reach to the other side of the bowl like this.

Sunny and Ziggy make very loud slurping noises and Pearl loves to jump in my kitchen sink to drink any left over water. Her middle name is becoming kitchen sink because this is where I've been finding a lot lately.:)

Taz_Zoee
12-02-2007, 12:37 AM
LOL (and I really did!) That is too funny. His tongue action reminds me of my friends boxer. But I think it's funny how he has his whole chest in the bowl. Silly Paddy!! He even looks over at you once like.....what?!

Maya & Inka's mommy
12-02-2007, 05:28 AM
Zazou puts her frontpaws always on the border of the bowl ! Once I gave the cats water in a deep plate . It was so funny to see how Zazou's frontpaws had no choice but landing in DEEP water http://users.pandora.be/bernardgabriels/images/smilies%20944%20laughing_on_ground.gif

Laura's Babies
12-02-2007, 07:18 AM
That is so funny.. Don't he realize he is a cat and they are not suppose to like getting wet? Slurp! Slurp!

Medusa
12-02-2007, 07:21 AM
What a goof! How cute is that?! :p

critter crazy
12-02-2007, 07:51 AM
LOL!! What a silly Kitty!! Autumn will only drink water from the faucet or te Toiletm, and she will only drink from her paw. She will stick her paw into the water, and then lick it off! so I always have a kitty with wet paws!!:rolleyes:

Medusa
12-02-2007, 08:15 AM
LOL!! What a silly Kitty!! Autumn will only drink water from the faucet or te Toiletm, and she will only drink from her paw.
Makes me miss my RB Peeka. She was such a fussy little girl. She didn't drink out of the toilet but the faucet was officially deemed as hers and if she was forced to drink out of a water dish, she put her paw in first, then licked her paws. Aren't kitty kats wonderful?

Emeraldgreen
12-02-2007, 01:24 PM
Medusa, I have a kitty that drinks like that too! I've added a clip of our Jimmy drinking with his paw to the first post. Do you have some footage of your RB Peeka from the past?

Taz_Zoee
12-02-2007, 01:27 PM
Oh I just love how Jimmy does that. He is so delicate with how he taps the top of the water. :)

jennielynn1970
12-02-2007, 04:01 PM
Those two are adorable! The only wacky drinker I had was Taz, who would stick his entire paw into the automatic waterer and drag it across the floor, and also watch the entire thing overflow because of his paw being in it! Gotta love 'em!

Medusa
12-02-2007, 04:27 PM
Do you have some footage of your RB Peeka from the past?

No, sadly, I don't. I really regret that. She died of acute renal failure and it came on and advanced so rapidly that she was gone w/in 3 days of diagnosis.

catmandu
12-02-2007, 04:32 PM
THATS SUCH A FUNNY VIDEO, AND TUBSTER PANTHER DOES THAT TOO, HE SNIFFS THE WATER BEFORE HE DRINKS AS HE WS A LONG TIME STRAY TOO.
THATS SUCH A FUNNY VIDEO, AND THATS GOING RIGHT INTO MY FILES!!!
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

momcat
12-02-2007, 07:09 PM
ROTFLMAO!!!! What cuties Paddy and Jimmy are! The videos are great. Paddy looks like both front paws are in his water and he's getting ready to go swimming. He must be sopping wet after a drink. Jimmy is so delicate touching the top of the water like that. Scritchies and lovies to both of your sweeties!

For whatever reason, Groucho won't drink from his water dish, he'll only drink from a 1 cup measuring cup. Strange maybe, but he sure makes it easy to track how much he's drinking every day.

Catlady711
12-02-2007, 10:00 PM
Dusty only used to drink with the paw from the bathroom faucet, when using the regular water bowl she would stretch to the far side of the bowl to drink until her forehead was touching the other side.

Sabrina likes to drink out of ANYTHING including the sink and tub. And I don't mean just when the water is turned on, she even licks out the water left over after you wash your hands or something. We have to be very careful to rinse out our sinks completely and wipe them down when we are done so she doesn't lick any soap.

However as for the chest in the water thing;
Josh has a big bib of hair around his neck and tends to get it in the water but I don't think it's on purpose.

Bear is the topper of them all! He not only likes to put his chest in the water bowl, but also likes to hang over the edge and dangle a paw in it!! He still does this even though we have a pet fountain now.

http://i92.photobucket.com/albums/l17/Catlady711/beardrink.jpg

critter crazy
12-02-2007, 10:01 PM
He he he he he!! Bear is just too cute!!!:D

Laura's Babies
12-02-2007, 10:16 PM
Now Jimmy's drinking habits are the cutest I have ever seen! That is just TO cute!! Tap, tap. lick. lick, tap, tap, lick, lick!