PDA

View Full Version : A winter storm for Pittsburgh

davidpizzica
12-01-2007, 06:19 PM
Overnight tonight the weather will start off with snow showers then change to ice and freezing rain. When it does, I'm staying in because I have no desire to redesign my cobalt. Here comes winter!

chocolatepuppy
12-01-2007, 06:29 PM
Yep, same kind of weather here tonight David. I love winter and snow, but why can't it 'just' snow? Not ice, sleet or rain mixed, just snow? :confused:

Catty1
12-01-2007, 06:55 PM
It's just before 6 pm here MT, and in F, is -4.

Tonight, down to -10F.

Snow all the way through Sunday night.

I plugged in the car tonight for sure!

davidpizzica
12-01-2007, 07:03 PM
It wouldn't be too bad driving on the level Catty1, but Pittsburgh is mainly hills that you have to drive up and down. Winter driving is FUN here!

phesina
12-01-2007, 07:19 PM
We're getting all that here tonight, too.

I have plenty of food for me and the kitties, and I tucked my car away in its covered carport space down the street.. so we're all safe and warm and cozy. And I'll go back outside when I'm good and ready to!

Candace, it's going down to -10 FAHRENHEIT there? Yowzer! You and Oscar and Cole, cuddle up and keep warm now!

Pat

Catty1
12-01-2007, 08:20 PM
Yeah...the highways get kept up pretty well, but there is NO budget to clear the side streets in Calgary, a city of almost a million people! :eek:

So getting into the city from where I am is ok....it's the neighbourhoods that get treacherous! (Not to mention we are in Foothills country, so there is the odd hill :D )

You stay warm and safe too, David! And Pat!

Donnaj4962
12-01-2007, 08:49 PM
I was moving the last of my things from my old place today, and it suddenly started snowing. Just little light flakes. Not 20 minutes later, there was rain, freezing rain, sleet and snow all mixed together! The trip to my new place was treacherous, VERY icy roads. And of course, I was in my friend's van, with 2 of her children! Talk about having precious cargo! When I returned the kids and the car to their house, I had one more trip that I should have made to the apartment, but decided I should just head for home instead! I haven't looked out for hours now, so I don't know what is happening out there. I think we are only supposed to have rain tomorrow.

Stay safe and warm everyone!

jennielynn1970
12-01-2007, 08:52 PM
We're supposed to be getting that storm as well in the Lehigh Valley. They aren't sure if it's going to be more snow or more ice. I'm hoping for whatever will give us a day off from school, lol!! :p :D ;)

I already did my shopping earlier, and made sure I had all the necessities for the next few days. Got the fixings for beef stew too! Thought that would be a great snowy day meal!

sumbirdy
12-01-2007, 11:29 PM
Wow, it was warm enough to wear short sleeves today here. :eek: I really want it to turn cold.