PDA

View Full Version : Potter is missing***update!!!he is home!!!!

caseysmom
12-01-2007, 06:04 PM
Please say some prayers for me. Potter has been missing since Monday. Please don't bash me he does go outside, I have tried to stop him and have been unsuccessful. Some of you know the story he was my brothers kitty and when my brother passed away he came to live with us.

I put up flyers in the neighborhood and checked with animal control. My hope is he is with someone, all the neighbors love him, my flyer made it clear I am worried and just need to know.

Here is my handsome boy:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v624/spumoni/shelley324.jpg

Please say a prayer that nothing bad has happened to him.

Laura's Babies
12-01-2007, 06:11 PM
Have you checked where your brother was living? Maybe he tried to find his way back there...

POTTER! Come on home now boy! You got your Meowmie worried, it is winter and you don't need to be out there on the streets alone!

caseysmom
12-01-2007, 06:21 PM
My brother lived quite far and it has been since August 06 so I don't see that as an option. He would have had to go on many many busy roads.

Although we are in a subdivision there are wild animals that is what worries me the most. :(

Catty1
12-01-2007, 06:44 PM
PT Prayers for Potter.

I KNOW it can be SO hard to keep a determined outdoor cat INDOORS...

I do hope he is safe with someone in your area.

Also - give all the vets a call, someone may have found him hurt and taken him there. Does he have a collar with ID tag, or a tattoo?

HUGS and I hope you have good news soon!

caseysmom
12-01-2007, 06:46 PM
I got him a breakaway collar and it fell of. I should have had him chipped.

Gin
12-01-2007, 06:47 PM
I'm so sorry to hear Potter is missing. I know what you mean about trying to keep cats indoors when they don't want to. My Sassy is the same way.

Cats have gone missing and come home safely even after weeks of being away. And if there's one thing cats are good at, it's survival. Please hang in there and keep looking. We're all praying for you.

And yes, Potter is a very handsome boy.

caseysmom
12-01-2007, 07:01 PM
I am amazed at the power of the pet talk prayers, my boy has been missing for 6 days and within 5 minutes of posting this he is home :D

My neighbor saw him playing with 3 boys a few houses down and went over and said that is my neighbors kitty, they said he has been at our house. She showed them where he lives and then she brought him home.

I am so relieved, this boy is on lockdown, maybe now my kids will be careful, my 16 year old was pretty distressed over his disappearance.

Freedom
12-01-2007, 07:02 PM
OH YIPPEE!! That is such WONDERFUL news! He hee.

Just give him lots of tuna and other yummy stuff so he will stay HOME. And please deliver some scritchies from me!

critter crazy
12-01-2007, 07:03 PM
What awsome and amazing news!!! You must make your neighbor a cake or something!!! :D

caseysmom
12-01-2007, 07:07 PM
What a nice boy, one of the boys came over to make sure everything was okay. I don't know where he lives but he was only about 10 and I told him if you ever want him for a sleepover thats okay just let me know he is okay, I just hope I can keep him indoors that took a toll on my family.

Taz_Zoee
12-01-2007, 07:08 PM
Wow, I didn't even have time to post on here and he's back home! That is wonderful!! :D :D

jenluckenbach
12-01-2007, 07:09 PM
I remember the problems you were having "attempting" to keep Potter indoors. I am sorry you had 6 days of worry, but I am SO glad that he is home safe and sound. (Such a handsome boy) :)

caseysmom
12-01-2007, 07:15 PM
We just got door bell ditched... :eek: Hopefully one of the kids isn't too upset,,,,its probably a coincidence it happens occasionally when a kid has friends over.

Catty1
12-01-2007, 08:03 PM
"door bell ditched"?

Anyway, PT Prayers are amazing! Whose cat on a leash went missing for days - then just showed up? That was a recent one too! :)

I don't know what to suggest for keeping Potter inside. Cat grass might help; they love chewing on grass and it would be a bit like the outdoors.

Of course, it sounds like he has adopted the neighbourhood!

Strong catnip and a big peacock feather might be good distractions too!

Give him a hug for me.

Emeraldgreen
12-01-2007, 08:57 PM
I'm so happy for you Caseysmom! I run a website for lost and found pets for a part of British Columbia and I was just about to send along a list of suggestions I have on my site for finding lost pets but then I kept reading the posts and FABULOUS NEWS!! He's Home!!
Is 'Doorbell Ditched' like 'Nicky Nicky Ninedoors?' Probably just harmless fun but it might be worth trying to keep Potter indoors for December if at all possible just in case one of the kids in the group is upset. By then, they might forget about him? He is very handsome so I don't blame them for wanting to 'borrow' him! :)

Laura's Babies
12-02-2007, 07:21 AM
Awwww! He just wanted some little ones to play with.. I am so glad to hear he is home.

Medusa
12-02-2007, 07:23 AM
Whew! That's a relief! I just love a happy ending! :D

Gin
12-02-2007, 10:22 AM
Wonderful news! It's a relief knowing he's home and safe. So he was out playing with children? Potter sounds more and more like my Sassy.

catmandu
12-02-2007, 05:08 PM
THAT WAS FAST WORK BY OUR PET ANGEL SEARCH AND RESCUE SQUADBUT THEY KNEW THAT POTTER WAS NOT IN DANGER SO THEY TOOK THIER TIME ABOUT SENDING POTTER HOME.
AT LEAST YOU HAVE A GOOD IDEA ON WHERE TO LOOK IF HE VANISHES AGAIN!!!!!!
WE ARE GLAD HES HOME!!!!
:) ;) :D :cool: ;) :D :) :cool: :cool: :D cool:

momcat
12-02-2007, 06:47 PM
I'm just seeing this now and am so sorry that Potter took off like that. What a relief knowing he's home again safe and sound.

Potter, welcome home! But please don't go away like that again, your Meowmie was so worried and scared. Tell you what sweetie, curl up with Meowmie then give her lots of purrs, kitty hugs and kitty kisses to tell her you're sorry and won't ever do that again, okay?

caseysmom
12-02-2007, 11:08 PM
hehe well its been a stand off around here. He has stood at the door with the most pathetic look he could muster and I have stood strong. He shot out the door once when I was bringing in christmas shopping, I shot out after him and cornered him.