PDA

View Full Version : A early Merry Christmas

Laura's Babies
11-30-2007, 10:19 PM
Since I will be leaving Wednesday for work, I wanted to wish everyone here a very Merry Christmas and a Safe & Happy Holiday. I should be back right after new years, not sure what day yet... We are due off on the 2nd but it is doubtful that anyone will be in the office on the 1st to set up the transportation for that day so it may be the 3rd before we get off. I talked to my dispatcher yesterday and she said they haven't made a decesion yet and probably won't until the time draws nearer.

So Have a GREAT Christmas everybody, from me and my babies!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v288/Grammy707/Christmas2007.jpg

Karen
11-30-2007, 10:24 PM
Thanks, and you, too! Any Christmas plans on board?

critter crazy
11-30-2007, 10:26 PM
Oooo....Merry Christmas to you as well!!! Have a fun and safe trip! See you when you get back!!:D

Lilith Cherry
12-01-2007, 12:01 AM
Merry Christmas Laura! I hope you have fun cooking the feast afloat!

krazyaboutkatz
12-01-2007, 12:46 AM
HAVE A MERRY CHRISTMAS & A VERY HAPPY NEW YEAR TOO!!!! I hope that you have a safe boat trip and we'll all miss you while you're away. Take care.:)

phesina
12-01-2007, 06:13 AM
Thank you, Laura and kitties. And a merry Christmas and a happy New Year to you, too! Have a safe and happy trip and a delightful holiday with all your shipmates.

Maya & Inka's mommy
12-01-2007, 06:22 AM
Have a great and safe trip, dear Laura! I hope that my card reaches you before you leave :)

jackie
12-01-2007, 08:26 AM
Have a wonderful Christmas!

Laura's Babies
12-01-2007, 08:27 AM
I hope that my card reaches you before you leave

Yes, I got it yesterday! Thanks!!

Any Christmas plans on board?

LOTS!! Got presents for everyone, a lot more than I usually take so the car is going to be crowded. I am going to make my chocolate covered cherries as soon as I can to give them time to "marinate" and make their juice.. I have so many plans. Getting on, on the 5th will give me plenty of time to get my candy and treats made, the cornbread for my dressing made and crumbled.. LOTS of plans. It is going to be so much FUN!!

The 2 things I know I will make and in case anyone of you want to try them..

Caramel
You will love these, cooking times and temps depend on what you want to use them for and there are MANY uses!
Note, I use a pizza cutter sprayed with Pam to cut these and spray my hands with Pam to handle. Wrap in freezer paper to store. Freezes great!
time to make"20 min 20 min prep

1 cup butter (Sorry NO substitute)
2 1/4 cups brown sugar
1 dash salt
1 cup light corn syrup
1 (15 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
1 teaspoon vanilla
Melt butter in a heavy 3 quart sauce pan.
Add sugar and salt.
Stir thoroughly.
Now stir in corn syrup.
Mix well.
Add sweetened condensed milk, stirring constantly.
Cook and stir over medium heat and heat to firm ball stage (245 degrees), about 12 to 15 minutes.
Remove from heat and add the vanilla.
Pour into a 9x9x2 buttered pan; cool, cut into squares (or make turtles by arranging two pecan halves on a buttered sheet of waxed paper and spooning a little caramel on top of the pecans, let cool, then spooning a little melted milk chocolate on top).
Enjoy when cooled.

Chocolate Covered Cherries
1 batch -time to make"3 hours 3 hours prep

After made they need to sit for at least a week to 10 days to make that juice that drips when you bite into them. These are bigger and better than the store bought one!
2 cups powdered sugar
1/4 cup margarine
1/4 cup sweetened condensed milk
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 pinch salt
maraschino cherries, drained
milk dipping chocolate
Combine the first 5 ingrediants until well blended and smooth and place in fridge until firm.
Meanwhile spread out the drained cherries on a cookie sheet and freeze for at least 1 hours.
Scoop out about 1-2 teaspoon of filling and form into a ball around a cherry.
Place on a wax paper lined cookie sheet and freeze for 1 hr after you have formed them all.
Melt dipping chocolate and using your hands dip each cherry placing it on a wax paper lined cookie sheet and chill in fridge until chocolate is solid.
Remove cherries carefully as not to break them open and loose the center.
Place in an airtight plastic container and keep in a cool dry place for up to 1 month.

catmandu
12-01-2007, 09:49 AM
AND SO YOU WONT BE LONELY LAURA I HAVE HEARD THAT SAMUEL AND PRECIOUS ANGELS AND THIER ETERNAL KITTENS AND PAWLAS ELLIE , ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND FAMILY WILL COME AND VISIT ON PETMAS EVE, AND SPEND A FEW HOURS WITH YOU BEFORE JOINING THE PET ANGEL ARMY IN LONDON ENGLAND WHERE THEY ARE SPENDING THIER HOLIDAYS.

AND MOOSE , POUNCER AND MR SCRAPPY ANGELS WILL JOIN YOU ON PET MAS DAY, SO PLEASE LISTEN FOR THUNDER PURRRRRRRRRRS!
WE HOPE YOU AND YOUR FAMILY AND COMAPNIONS HAVE THE MEEEEEEEEEEEEOOOOOOWWWWWWIEST PETMAS EVER!!!
:cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:

Laura's Babies
12-01-2007, 06:21 PM
Gary, Moose is the only one I know I will hear purrr over the sounds of the engines of that boat, I will think we now have 4 big engines in that engine room. Tell the angels to snuggle with me at night in my dreams.... Oh! That would be so great for me to finally meet them!

Taz_Zoee
12-01-2007, 07:21 PM
Oh, have a wonderful Holiday! And I was going to ask about the recipe for the chocolate covered cherries. My mom and I love those. I'll have to try and make some. :)
Have fun!! And we'll "see" ya next year. :D

moosmom
12-01-2007, 07:28 PM
Laura,

We'll miss you this holiday season. I hope you have a safe trip and a wonderful holiday.

(((((HUGS))))))

Donna and crew

Freedom
12-01-2007, 08:40 PM
Laura, and kitties, have a wonderful Christmas and best wishes for 2008!

Your photo card in the first post is awesome! All the 4 cats are looking at the presents along the bottom!

momcat
12-02-2007, 07:41 PM
Hi Laura!
We wish you a safe and uneventful trip with enough time to enjoy the holidays. Your treats sound yummy and I'm sure they'll be a big hit.

Wishing you a wonderful Christmas and a healthy, prosperous 2008!!!

Momcat, Soncat and Groucho