PDA

View Full Version : and Blair is once again in a new home...

cali
11-30-2007, 06:44 PM
well unfortinatly Shannen had some emergentcys only days after getting Blair, with her mind on other matter she sought out a foster home, someone that could take him while she got things back to normal, but his foster owner fell in love with him, so Shannen asked if it was alright to allow this girl to Keep Blair as they had already bonded. we agree'ed as Blair does not bond to new people easily and he wasnt yet bonded to Shannen, uprooting him yet again would just be to hard on him. his new mom is in Lethbridge and she has a Blog which Blair is on. http://manymuddypaws.blogspot.com/. his new name is "boone" and obviously his new mom doesnt know the whole story, because I found some of what she wrote pretty offencive like this:

He was in a home where he was put on the back burner and allowed to be a freak. His name was Blair. He is four years old.

my mom and I were both a little offended at that, Blair was NEVER on the back burner, we put a tone of work into him and one of the main dogs we took to classes and competed with and entered in fun matches, he can with us on all our vacations(well that was because he couldnt stay with a sitter lol) etc.. I have no idea what she means by "allowed to be a freak".

and this part got me as well:

He has a hernia...something that probably was not ever noticed because don't you know that he HATES to show his belly and he just won't do it :o) Well, he did...last night for the first time and you can bet he was rewarded for it..

he has had that Hernia since he was a little puppy and we have known about it..since he was a little puppy lol. he does indeed hate to show his belly, that doesnt mean he never does, it means unless HE wants to show his belly at any given moment, good luck trying to force it lol

I think mostly she was just trying to be funny, but its a public blog and Blair is a very well known dog :( I am glad Blair is doing well though, and he IS a pretty weird dog lol, and Clever? well..he has his moments lol that why we were able to teach him so much, he LOVES to learn and always has.

EDIT: please people, she wasnt trying to be rude, she just wasnt aware of his history. we are NOT mad at her, we want to make friends. when I contacted her she said she was told next to nothing about his history, she had to figer out almost everything about a very strange dog by herself lol

buttercup132
11-30-2007, 06:53 PM
:confused: What a b*tch.
I love when people assume the dogs background :rolleyes:
Are you going to say anything to her?

cali
11-30-2007, 07:03 PM
my mom is planning to e-mail her, but she had to dig up the e-mail and doesnt want to be rude so she is waiting to see if whe will be given the e-mail formaly lol. I am not too mad really, she doesnt know the whole story and is probaly just filling in the blanks, it happens, I am guilty of that one with Rusty, jumping to conclusions before knowing his whole story. it just makes it a little worse because Blair is so well known and people know who his "old home" was.

bckrazy
11-30-2007, 07:18 PM
Jeeez, that is just rude. D:

How can she say that Blair was "put on the backburner"... and THEN say how impressed she is with all of his flyball, agility, and freestyle training?

I, too, am lucky enough to own a big weirdo dog. If Gonzo was re-homed (which will never happen), they might assume that I ignored his issues too. But I haven't. Some dogs have issues, and that's just the way they are. They cannot be cured, they can only be managed.

I must admit... her little Corgi crew is adorable. Especially with Blair (er... Boone) thrown in.

cali
11-30-2007, 07:31 PM
lol ya that part had me scratching my head too! my mom thinks she means that he had all that training as a pup and was put on the backburner recently? I dont know how much that makes sence either though, my mom hasent done much with her dogs as of late, but I worked with Blair all the time, I always felt bad for him so I took him out myself lol

cali
12-01-2007, 03:34 AM
well I made contact with her myself, I want to be her friend lol. I told her that if she ever want to know anything about his history, she can feel free to ask, all we want is whats best for Blair...er Boone lol. I am sure she didnt mean to offend. heck before I knew Rustys full history I was jumping to conclusions all over the place lol, it happens to the best of us :)

pitc9
12-01-2007, 07:05 AM
Yikes how Rude!!

Glad you've gotten in touch with her, I hope you can inform her of all you've done for him.

Crikit
12-02-2007, 12:47 PM
I know the person that Blair is now living with and can assure you that she is a very nice person. She's very active in rescue in lethbridge and is in Calgary quite often for agility and obdience with her corgi's. She most likely made those comments based on what she saw of the dog and what she had heard second or third hand. From what I know of her she isn't the type of person who make comments like that just because, however she does associate with some people who tend to build things up or make crap up.