PDA

View Full Version : Prayers for a friend

DJFyrewolf36
11-30-2007, 12:23 AM
Yesterday, my friends little brother dressed up in his best clothes and decided to take his own life in the parking lot of his high school. I worked with my friends mom and met him a couple of times and he always seemed to be a happy kid. His friends all described him as an upbeat kind of guy and did not expect this at all. My friend and her mom are understandibly upset and could use some well wishes...I was hoping to show this thread to her as I know she needs all the support she can get. Even though I have experenced a loss reciently myself, I find that I don't know what to say. Theres only so many times you can hear "I'm sorry" even though you know people do mean it.
RIP Colt...I wish you had felt that someone would have cared, because a lot of people do.

Sevaede
11-30-2007, 12:30 AM
***HUGS*** My deep condolences to the grieving family and friends. :( May he and they have peace.

krazyaboutkatz
11-30-2007, 12:33 AM
I'm so sorry to hear this.:( I'll keep Colt's family in my thoughts and prayers. RIP Colt.:(

Karen
11-30-2007, 01:01 AM
Prayers on the way for his family, and for his friends. So often people try to "protect" their loved ones by hiding their own pain, he must have loved them and tried to shield them. Tell them you know he will live on in so many hearts, that his life brought joy to so many people, and that you and we are all sorry that he did not see that himself.

There are no "right" things to say at a time like this. Just be there if they want to talk, to cry, to rant, or just to be there when they need a hand to hold.

jennielynn1970
11-30-2007, 01:20 AM
When and where did this happen?? How horrible for the child who did it, and for his family. Did any one know he was having problems? So sad!!

Catty1
11-30-2007, 01:45 AM
Prayers and peace to Colt's family.

I've been to very dark edges myself...and based on that and what others have told me, Colt would have been in his own space.

At a point like that, you don't want to hurt anyone you love, nothing like that - it's just there is nothing in your head but where YOU are.

I know the 'what-ifs' will be especially horrible where Colt is concerned...but he planned this (dressed up), and there was probably little or nothing that anyone could have done to stop him.

Gentle {{{{hugs}}}} to the family; you're innocent, this is not your fault.

And DJ - condolences on the loss of a friend. I'm so sorry.

Laura's Babies
11-30-2007, 07:22 AM
What he did had nothing to do with anything anyone else did or didn't do. It had nothing to do with you or his parents not loving him enough or his love for anyone. It was something within him that no one could touch or reach, some misery that was within him that drove him to do that. No one failed him in any way..... He was ill.

My step Dad that I grew up loving did the same thing and it makes you feel so guilty no matter what you did to help or how much, how hard you loved them. I finally came to realize what he did had nothing to do with any of his family or friends. We knew he wanted to do that and did everything we could to keep it from happening, including getting help for him but NOTHING worked.

Nothing helps with the loss everyone is feeling right now, no amount of words, no amount of caring or support. That takes time but you all will get through it with God's help.

My sympathies to you and the ones who loved him. May he now have the peace he didn't have here on earth and I fully believe he IS in Heaven and is at peace now. It was his illness that caused him to do this and God has forgiven him.

pitc9
11-30-2007, 08:00 AM
Suicide is such a horrible thing for everyone involved... :(
It leaves people thinking "I could have helped, why didn't he come and talk to me, why, why why...."

The truth is that more times than not, the feeling of despair and utter helplessness are more than the person can over come and they feel there is no help for them. No matter how much love and attention you give that person, they can not get better until they realize that they CAN get better.
Suicide is the ugliest thing imaginable I know because I've been there.
2 friends took their lives, a co worker was the innocent victim in her husband’s murder/suicide and my father in law attempted back in 1995.

Please pass my deepest condolences to Colt's family.

Time, love, family and friends will heal all.

anna_66
11-30-2007, 08:31 AM
I am so very sorry to hear about this. Please give my condolences to the family and let them know they will be in my thoughts and prayers.

AmberLee
11-30-2007, 11:28 PM
Our thoughts and prayers are with Colt's friends and family. So sorry to hear of his dispair and loss. {{{gentle hugs}}}

Lori Jordan
12-01-2007, 07:57 AM
I am truly sorry for what has happend,My prayers go out to Colt's family and friends.

I went through this last year when my daughters 15 year old friend commited suicide,She was only 15 years old,She was having some problems at school.

We wish there was something we could do,In situations like this there is always the feelings of"I should have known,I should of done something"But they really do have there mind set.It is unfortunate that such a young life is gone.

He is at peace now and is hole again,May he rest well...

My Condolences to his family in there time of need.

Donnaj4962
12-01-2007, 08:50 AM
My deepest sympathies to your Colt's family and friends. What a tragedy for them to deal with.

My ex-husband's cousin committed suicide this past summer, and the whole family was left with so much grief and confusion. He was upset about a "girl" issue.

What a terrible thing for the family and friends. RIP Colt. RIP.