PDA

View Full Version : May have a pancreas tumor (and more bad news)

Kirsten
11-27-2007, 12:44 PM
What a bad day today!

Not only that we had to put our Rocky boy to sleep, I got news from my endocrinologist that I may have an insulinoma because in a recent test, my insuline was way too high... I'm always so hungry and thirsty, and often I'm hypoglycaemic. They recommended to go to hospital for further tests. An insulinoma is a tumor of the pancreas, benignent in 95% of all cases.

Timing is soo bad! My job ends on Friday, but I already had a job interview. And all this scares me!! As you may remember, I already had some ovary tumors removed in August! On the top of it, I may also have another disc hernia in my neck (will go to the nuerologist for a test next week). I will have a coloscopy also because my stomach is always messed up, and the remaining ovary isn't able to produce enough hormones, so I'm getting into menopause.

Great news, isn't it? :rolleyes:

Kirsten

pitc9
11-27-2007, 12:55 PM
{{{HUGS}}} to you Kristen.

I'm sorry you've been dealing with so much with your health.
I wish you all the luck in the world for your job interview!

*LabLoverKEB*
11-27-2007, 01:00 PM
Kristen I am so sorry to hear this! I hope that all gets better. I will be praying for you!

momoffuzzyfaces
11-27-2007, 01:20 PM
(((HUGS))) and prayers from me to you!!! Sometimes life just stinks!!! :(

Barbara
11-27-2007, 01:55 PM
Kirsten I am so very sorry.
It must be so tough to go through all this while you are sad for Rocky.
It only comes in a byline- but that must have been a huge shock.

Plus a tumor- I am glad to hear it's a benign one. I hope they can find out soon what it is and help you. Anyway it would be good to have an explanation for feeling tired.

Keeping fingers crossed. All the best for you and the girls and for your parents who must miss Rocky terribly.

Karen
11-27-2007, 02:36 PM
You will be in our prayers, that if there is a tumor it is benign, and help will be found for you to feel healthy again.

Alysser
11-27-2007, 03:03 PM
I am so sorry. I'll be keeping you in my prayers.

Randi
11-27-2007, 03:36 PM
Kirsten, I'm so sorry that you have so many health problems, I hope they'll find out the tumor is benign. In any case, get a thorough check-up!

I think all this may be caused by the stress you've been through in your job. I do hope you'll get the one you applied for, and that your lifet will be more relaxing all round.

I'm also sorry to hear that Rocky has been put to sleep. :(

Good luck and (((hugs))) Fister sends headbumpies too.

Laura's Babies
11-27-2007, 03:37 PM
Gee girl! I HATE hearing you are going through all this. I don't know what to say other than if you need us, we are here to offer as much support and prayers as we can. Look to God for strenght and He will get you through all this.

Freedom
11-27-2007, 03:51 PM
Oh no, Kirsten, another round of doctors? Prayers that this will be quickly resolved in an easy fashion.

phesina
11-27-2007, 03:59 PM
Oh Kirsten, I am so sorry you are getting so much thrown at you all at the same time. My deepest sympathy on the loss of Rocky. And then the medical situation.. just as you're getting ready for a job interview.

I'm praying that the medical report will be "benign" and that the job interview goes well. My cats and I are all sending you loving, healing, calming, confidence-building energies.

Hugs and purrs,
Pat and cats

ramanth
11-27-2007, 04:36 PM
*HUGS* I'm so sorry you are having to go through all of this. :( :(

lizbud
11-27-2007, 04:53 PM
I'm sorry you're going through so many different health problems all at
the same time. :( I hope the tumor testing comes back clear. Prayers and
good, positive vibes coming your way.

Felicia's Mom
11-27-2007, 05:20 PM
I am sorry about your bad news. Will keep you in my prayers.

Catty1
11-27-2007, 06:17 PM
Kirsten - one hope I see is that the depression and anxiety you have dealt with for so long could easily be due to the insulin swings. If that is treated, you may feel better than you have in years.

{{{{hugs}}}} about Rocky....what a dear sweet Rottie, so elegant.

Are you going to the job interview anyway? If they really like you and you like them, they might be ok with a bit of medical time off

HUGS!

Daisy and Delilah
11-27-2007, 06:21 PM
This is a terrible day for you, Kirsten. {{{{{GIANT HUGS}}}}}

joycenalex
11-27-2007, 08:36 PM
kirsten, i will be praying for you-(hugs)

K9karen
11-27-2007, 11:55 PM
When it rains, it pours. I'm so sorry you're having all these health problems. You're in my prayers too.

krazyaboutkatz
11-28-2007, 12:06 AM
Kirsten, I'm so sorry to hear this.:( I hope that everything will go smoothly and that you'll be much happier and healthier in the future. I'm also very sorry to hear about Rocky. RIP sweet boy.:( Please take care. ((((HUGS))))

crow_noir
11-28-2007, 03:38 AM
*hugs*

*sigh* You just can't get a break can you?!

Maya & Inka's mommy
11-28-2007, 04:02 AM
When it rains, it pours. .

This is soooo true.... :( . I feel so sorry for you. Please do not give up :)

Kirsten
11-28-2007, 08:11 AM
Thank you everyone!!

I'm still very confused, there are so many things to deal with at the moment!

Well, I already had the job interview, but I haven't heard from them yet. If they would offer me the job, the timing would be extremely bad. In that case, I'd have to postpone my stay at the hospital, until I get my days off from work... But we will see.

It's all pretty scary!

Kirsten

petslover
11-28-2007, 10:44 AM
That does sound scary, but please pray to God for strength & courage. He will always make things better.

kimlovescats
11-28-2007, 07:10 PM
Bless your heart! I pray that the doctors can figure out everything that is going on inside your body and get it all fixed!!!

HUGS,
Kim