PDA

View Full Version : R.I.P. Rocky

Kirsten
11-27-2007, 12:26 PM
Now I'm posting the news I always feared to type some day:

Our beloved Rocky was helped to the Bridge today after he's been declining rapidly during the last few days. The last time I saw him was on Sunday, and then he had already troubles walking. He wasn't able getting up the last two days, had diarrhea and messed himself up because he was lying motionless on the floor, and he was lethargic. He also lost a lot of weight, but his abdomen was swollen from his failing liver and spleen gland. But his heart was still so strong and he could not go to the RB by himself. So, my mother and Reinhold made the tough decision and brought him to the vet, where he got his final shot for his journey to the Bridge.

R.I.P. Rocky

http://www.catmom.de/pix/rocky59.jpg

Dec. 1994 - Nov. 27, 2007

Taz_Zoee
11-27-2007, 12:31 PM
LES :( I am so sorry.
RIP Rocky

lizbud
11-27-2007, 12:31 PM
Oh poor baby :( I am so sorry for the loss of this sweet boy. :(
Rocky, there will be no more pain now. You will be missed by far more people
than you'll ever know. Rest In Peace sweetheart.

Freedom
11-27-2007, 12:36 PM
I am so sorry to read this news. {{hugs}} to you, your mom and Reinhold. It sounds like Rocky had a wonderful life, and that his time was at hand. He was greatly loved and he knew that. He will be missed. And he will be healthy again as he waits for all of you while he is playing at the Bridge. RIP Rocky.

pitc9
11-27-2007, 12:37 PM
LES...... :(
Oh Rocky... you were such a handsome and regal gentleman.

May you spend your time at the bridge in good health and playing and running to your heart’s content.

You touched the hearts of many that never got to meet you.
You'll be missed.

Would you be so kind as to pass a hug to RBToby for me. Thank you.

:(

Kristen, I'm so sorry he's gone from this earth, but as I know you already know... he'll be with you and your parents for ever in spirit.

{{{hugs}}} to you, your mom, Reinhold and Emma

buttercup132
11-27-2007, 12:40 PM
I was hoping this thread wouldn't come so soon, he held on so long.
R.I.P big guy.

Ginger's Mom
11-27-2007, 12:44 PM
I am truly sorry for the loss of this sweet boy. As far away as I am, and never actually having met Rocky in the fur, I am so saddened to hear that his fight is over. He was a very brave boy and your mother and Reinhold were wonderful caretakers that gave Rocky much more than he would have had anywhere else. I am sure they are devastated at his passing. Please give them some hugs for me. Rocky touched many people with his good looks and his love of life. We all share in their loss and sadness.

sasvermont
11-27-2007, 12:50 PM
((((((((((((((((Rest in peace)))))))))))))))

Kirsten
11-27-2007, 12:51 PM
I thank you all (((HUGS)))

Yes, my mother and Reinhold are devastated, they loved him so much. And I'm sure Emma will miss him, too. She noticed already that something was wrong with him the last days.

This is were he now lies. Reinhold made his grave there under the little sheep. He will be surrounded by hydrangea blossoms in the summer:

http://www.catmom.de/pix/peggy54.jpg

(Picture has been taken two summers ago when Peggy was a kitten)

Kirsten

*LabLoverKEB*
11-27-2007, 12:57 PM
Oh no, Kristen... I don't know what to say... I am so terribly sorry to hear about dear Rocky. :( May sweet Rocky boy rest in peace. Give Emma a hug for me, okay?

loveallfurryfriends
11-27-2007, 01:05 PM
I am so sorry for your loss. Rocky was a handsome fella. I know that he is now @ the bridge running and playing pain free. He sounds like he had a wonderful life here on earth. He will watch over you & your family until you guys all meet again one day. RIP Rocky

gemini9961
11-27-2007, 01:11 PM
RIP Rocky.

He fought long and hard and I am saddened to see him go. Prayers for you and your family.

sammy101
11-27-2007, 01:51 PM
I'm so sorry for your loss. I'm sure going to miss seeing him here on PT.
{{hugs}}

Rest Easy Rocky :(

Barbara
11-27-2007, 01:59 PM
I'm so sorry for your loss- you can see in the picture what a good boy Rocky was. 13 years is old age for a big boy like him - I wish he has a good life at Rainbow Bridge.

Logan
11-27-2007, 02:13 PM
Our prayers and best wishes go to you and your family, Kirsten, during this difficult time. Rocky was truly loved, and that is what it is all about in the end.

Much love to you and your family. Rocky will find many friends in heaven.

Logan

BC_MoM
11-27-2007, 02:56 PM
Rest in peace, dear boy. You were a good doggy. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family, Kirsten.

Alysser
11-27-2007, 03:05 PM
I am so sorry to finally see this thread. Rocky, boy, you held on so long and fought so bravely. You really showed them how strong you were! I always enjoyed pictures and hearing stories and updates of you. You're such a sweet guy. RIP Sweetheart.

caseysmom
11-27-2007, 03:24 PM
I am so sorry he was such a big handsome boy. RIP Rocky.

IRescue452
11-27-2007, 04:02 PM
I'm so sorry.
13 years is amazing for a rottie. He did a great job touching the hearts of many. Now he's back to good health over the bridge. He's taking a break from the stresses of the physical world. But his love will always be around. And it will still be there when your family is ready to be with him again.
RIP Rocky.

chocolatepuppy
11-27-2007, 04:11 PM
I'm so very sorry about Rocky. :( May he Rest in Peace.

RobiLee
11-27-2007, 04:29 PM
I'm so very sad to hear this. We all knew it would be coming, but it just always seems too soon. I will miss seeing his beautiful face.

Rest In Peace, Rocky.

Kirsten, please give your family my condolences and thank them for letting you share that gorgeous boy with us.

luvofallhorses
11-27-2007, 05:04 PM
OMG my heart sank when I read this. Rocky was one of my favorite PT talk dogs. I don't even know what to say except I am so, so sorry. he was gorgeous. Rest in peace sweet Rocky. :( :( :( ((((HUGS)))) to you and your family, Kirsten and of course sweet Emma too. :(

finn's mom
11-27-2007, 05:44 PM
Pretty Rocky. I'm sorry to hear this news. :(

DrKym
11-27-2007, 06:16 PM
My deepest sympathies..................

Daisy and Delilah
11-27-2007, 06:18 PM
Kirsten, thank you so much for allowing us to get to know this sweet boy through your photographs and stories of him. I am deeply saddened to hear of his passing. We will miss seeing him here on PT. My sincere condolences to all of you. Kisses to little Emma. I know she will greatly miss her beloved friend.

Rest In Peace Rocky :( Play hard at the bridge sweetheart :(

dukedogsmom
11-27-2007, 07:46 PM
Oh Rocky, I hope your trip to the bridge was a peaceful one. May you never run out of tennis balls to chase. I didn't know you long but you sure stole my heart in that short amount of time.

K9karen
11-27-2007, 11:41 PM
I always sneak a peek at this thread, with both eyes half squinted shut. This is why. My heart skipped a beat. I'm SO sorry about Rocky. But he was a good boy who fought a good and valiant fight. Hugs to you and your family, and little Emma.

kimlovescats
11-28-2007, 01:18 AM
Kirsten, I am so very sorry to read this! Rest in peace, sweet Rocky! :(

crow_noir
11-28-2007, 02:58 AM
* HUGS *

kallisto4529
11-28-2007, 03:56 AM
I am so very very sorry. He was one of my favorites on here, I always have a special place my heart for Rotties, I know you don't know me, but my heart just breaks for all of you. He was such a sweet and loving boy.

RIP sweet Rocky, play hard where you no longer have pain or discomfort, if you don't mind will you give my sweet Natasha a kiss for me, she is a Rottie that went to the Bridge several years ago.

Im so sorry.

cyber-sibes
11-28-2007, 07:11 AM
((((hugs)))) to you, your Mom, Reinhold, & sweet Emma. She is really going to miss her dear Rocky. Please wrap your arms around her & give her a big hug from me. Thanks for all the wonderful pictures of him that you shared with us, Kirsten. He leaves behind many pawprints in my heart.

Play peacefully at the RB, Rocky. You'll be deeply missed here, big guy.

Kirsten
11-28-2007, 07:27 AM
I thank you all for your comments, and for the condolences, also in the name of Reinhold and my mother! They miss him so much!!

I will visit them later to see Rocky's resting place, and to see Emma. Reinhold said she's so confused this morning.

I think his passing was peaceful. My mother said he looks sound asleep after he was gone.

Kirsten

pitc9
11-28-2007, 09:26 AM
His final resting place is beautiful!!

{{{hugs}})

gini
11-28-2007, 10:38 AM
What a beautiful boy Rocky was and I am so sorry to read of your loss.

Cataholic
11-28-2007, 11:19 AM
I am so sorry to hear this, Kirsten. Special thoughts to you and your mom and Reinhold.

shais_mom
11-28-2007, 11:56 AM
I'm very sorry for your family's loss.
He had an amazing life.
He was such a beautiful boy.
Godspeed sweet Rocky..

Dorothy39
11-28-2007, 05:33 PM
Oh Kirstin I'm so sorry to learn that your Rocky Boy has gone to Heaven~ For even though I never met him, nor touched him, He touched me :(

Please accept my Sincere Condolences and Please give Emma some extra Love.

{{{Hugs}}}

Jackie and Me

Danegirl2208
11-28-2007, 06:05 PM
Oh no :( I am so very sorry Kirstin :(

Rest in peace sweet boy...:(

Chilli
11-29-2007, 03:41 PM
RIP Rocky, he was certainly such a well loved pooch. He will definately be missed by many!

Big (((((hugs)))) going out to your family, along with Emma..

Sudilar
11-30-2007, 06:58 AM
Rest in peace, Handsome One. Hugs.

anna_66
11-30-2007, 08:53 AM
I gasped as soon as I read the title of this thread. I'm sitting here with tears in my eyes, and a big lump in my throat.
I knew the day would come when Rocky could fight no longer, but it still pains me to hear he's gone:(

Although I never met him, he stole a piece of my heart and I will keep him there forever. It feels almost like I've lost one of my own.

Please give your parents my condolences on the passing of Rocky and when you see Emma please give her a hug and let her know things will be alright.
----------------------
Rocky,
There will be no more pain, only days of running and chasing those tennis balls:)
Go find my Angus, he's been there a while so he can tell you where you'll find the best balls.

Goodbye sweet prince.

AdoreMyDogs
11-30-2007, 05:55 PM
I'm so sorry to hear about Rocky. What a stunning, special, dear dog he was. Please accept my condolonces and please give that brave girl Emma a big hug for me.

sabies
11-30-2007, 07:02 PM
So sorry for your loss. RIP Rocky.

lvmypets
12-01-2007, 09:05 AM
I am so sorry about Rocky. I know it is hard. I have lost both of my babies. One on May 19th to cancer and I just lost the other who grieved so bad over his mate. The days are getting easier but my heart is still empty. But I know my two are with all the others running and playing having fun no more pain no more suffering. Your Rocky is right with mine and the others. May God be with you and I know in time he will heal your pain has he will heal mine.

Kirsten
12-03-2007, 11:36 AM
I thank you all for your support, and for the words of love and friendship that you found for Rocky. I picture him smiling down from the Bridge now that he realized he had more friends than he ever knew in life.

It is still so sad, and especially my mother and Reinhold miss him terribly. And Emma! She's not herself these days. She's not the happy dog she used to be, she's quiet and first seemed to be confused, and now that she seems to have realized that Rocky is gone for good, she's sad. I hope she'll get over it. Whenever I see her, I try to give her as much love as possible, and I will deliver all your hugs, too.

Kirsten

dukedogsmom
12-05-2007, 02:30 PM
I hope Emma can adjust. Hug her for me. One time my horse had his pasture buddy die, and it took him a while to get over it. I know it will be a sad Christmas without Rocky. May your family find some joy this holiday.