PDA

View Full Version : CCraashshshs!!Bang! "Are you OK?"

Freedom
11-27-2007, 07:45 AM
That's what you would have heard if you were in my home around midnight last night.

The crashing and banging woke me. I jumped up, trying to wake fully as I went. Turning on lights, I made my way to Dad's bedroom and asked if he was alright. "Yeah, it wasn't here, it was the other end of the house,"

So I back tracked, turning lights off behind me, putting more lights on. Finally I am in the front living room. I gaze around, trying to see what's happened. The next part takes longer to tell than it did to think it through.

"what's that on the floor? Can't see it well. Should be able to, why is it dark there? should be light." **shifted gaze up to top of cabinet** "lamp, no lamp, should be a lamp up there." "WHERE"S THE LAMP???" (This last was said out loud.)

In one corner, kitty corner, is a cabinet which houses the stereo system for the room. It is about 4 feet high, 20 inches wide, the back of it is open and the front is a glass door with one of those magnetic clips to hold it closed.

As I approached, the door flew open and CHAPLIN came flying out and dashed past me.

Near as I can tell, he decided to investigate the space BEHIND the cabinet. Which is only accessible by dropping down from the top of the cabinet. One the way down, he landed on the wires, shifting all the stereo equiment and pulling the lamp down on top of him. He must have slipped through the open back onto one of the shelves to get out of harm's way, as it must have seemed like the world was crashing down on top of him. As I approached, he spooked and pounced at the glass. Good thing it is a door, meant to open, or he just might have gone right through the glass!

Amazing: nothing seems to be broken. Even the bulb in the lamp still works! (often those filaments get loose when a cat has tossed the lamp and I have to put in a new bulb.)

Guess we are lucky the back of the cabinet is opened; the only other way out would be for him to "fly" back up to the top and I don't see how he could do that. But he would have done lots more damage trying.

Never a dull moment!

Pam
11-27-2007, 08:01 AM
WOW!! :eek: You are right! That could have been so much worse! Around here when there is a *Crash Bang* in the middle of the night I know it is the kitties up to something. Heck, even when there is a *Crash Bang* in the middle of the day I know it is the kitties. LOL! :rolleyes: :D Glad all is well! I bet you had trouble falling back to sleep after all of that! :)

catmandu
11-27-2007, 09:41 AM
WHEN I HEAR A CRASH BANG IN THE FOUND PARADISE CAT HOTEL I SAY TWO PRAYERS.
FIRST AND FOREMOST THAT NO CAT HAS BEEN INJURED IN THTA CRASH.
AND TWO THAT THEY HAVE NOT DESTROYED SOMETHING THAT I LIKE AND CANT REPLACE.
THEY HAVE SMASHED A MUSIC STAND WITH CATS AND MY SAINT NICHOLAS CAT STAUE AND THE CLOCK RADIO, BUT I CAN ALWAYS BY NEW ONES.

THERES NO STORE THAT SELLS FOUND CATS , ANYWHERE!!
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v621/catmandu/cat%20photos%202/cats1011472.jpg

Medusa
11-27-2007, 10:52 AM
Wow, good that all is well and no one was hurt. I bet Chaplin will think twice before he does that again! I had a crash bang of my own a couple of weeks ago, in the middle of the night, as well. Not sure which furkid it was but an old brass and glass etegere that I use for storage lost a glass shelf when someone decided s/he wanted to read one of the books placed there. No one was hurt, thankfully, but the glass shattered everywhere. Fun to clean up in the middle of the night.

cassiesmom
11-27-2007, 11:02 AM
Around our house Crash! Bang! is usually followed by a meow. I cat-sat Milo over the weekend and the sequence was just slightly different - Thud! Meow! Like, look, Aunt Elyse, I pushed another book off the table!!! Yay, Me!

Freedom
11-27-2007, 12:19 PM
Yay, Me! Yes, that is "cat" alright! :D

Laura's Babies
11-27-2007, 03:34 PM
Whenever I hear crash bang or think... I yell "GIZ! WHAT ARE YOU DOING NOW?"

WELOVESPUPPIES
11-27-2007, 03:55 PM
Glad to hear the putty did not get hurt falling down back there. Good grief that must have scared the crap out of you since you were sleeping. Chaplin you be a good boy and don't go giving mommy scares like that.

Don Juan's mom
11-29-2007, 02:06 AM
Watch this forum!

Liz