PDA

View Full Version : Fister's surprize vet visit

Randi
11-26-2007, 09:03 AM
A friend came by today to have some things printed out, and he had a car!! :) So... I thought, let's do it now! I called the vet, he was on his way out to sick visits, but said we could bring Fister over at 2PM, so we did. I didn't even have tiem to get nervous.

Fister was weighed and had bloodtests done, he's now down to 6.8 kg from 7.5 last time. The vet says it's only normal to lose muscle mass at his age, so I don't worry too much.

The numbers are as follows:

Urea 9,5 (normal = 5,7-12,9)
Alat 61 UL ( normal = 12-130)
Glucose 6,88 (normal = 3.94-8,83)

Last time (14.07.05) they were:

Urea 8,7 (normal = 5,7-12,9)
Alat 64 UL ( normal = 12-130)
Glucose 16,49 (normal = 3.94-8,83)

Fister did complain a little during the car ride, but he was brave boy at the vets. He let him look at this teeth, they were fine, and he had his paw shaved for the blood test - that didn't seem to bother him much either. :)

The vet also felt his tummy, and all seemed fine.

As soon as I opened the lid to the cage, he jumped out and ran under my bed, but when Martin left, he came out and was his usual self. We have cuddled and brushed and eaten some treats, and he's now laying next to my keyboard wanting more scritchies and treats. :D

Cinder & Smoke
11-26-2007, 09:50 AM
He had a car!! :)
So... I thought, let's do it now!
... said we could bring Fister over at 2PM, so we did.

The numbers are as follows this time:

EDITED: ALL within the normal ranges! :)

... when Martin left, Fister came out and was his usual self.

"Martin" is probably going to get the REALLY *cold shoulder* the next time he visits!

EDIT: Disregard this "question" - doesn't pertain to the current test results!
Did the Vet offer any reason for the rather High Glucose reading?
Are you going to watch it or re-test later?
Hope it's not a problem in the making!

Sounds like Fis has forgiven Meowmie for his Trip to the White Coat!
:D

Edwina's Secretary
11-26-2007, 11:12 AM
Gracious! I came running when I saw the title. Is Fister sick?????? So very glad to hear it was a surprise but routine checkup.

So it was a surprise for you as well as a surprise for Fister! :D :D

krazyaboutkatz
11-26-2007, 11:30 AM
I was also worried when I saw the title of this thread. I'm glad to learn that it was only a routine physical exam. I've heard that sometimes due to stress that the glucose levels can increase and I hope that this is the case with Fister. I'm glad that he's back to normal now.:)

Randi
11-26-2007, 11:38 AM
Sorry, I was in such a hurry to post, so I copied the numbers from last time and got them mixed up. :rolleyes: I have now corrected it.

The Glucose level was so high last time, because Fister had had anesthesia before the blood test - at least that's what my vet said.

Yes Phred, Fister may recognise Martin's voice the next time he comes around, but then, Fister usually hides under my bed as soon as the doorbell rings. This time, I went down in the street to meet him, and we went around to the cellar to get the cage and up the kitchen stairs. Fister had no clue, he still slept om my bed, so I could grab him quite easily and carry him to the kitchen where Martin waited with the cage. ;)

Btw, Martin is the guy who played a song in the church at John's funeral.

Killearn Kitties
11-26-2007, 12:05 PM
Oh dear! Poor Fister will be suspicious of Martin the next time. :D
Glad to hear that the gorgeous boy is none the worse for his vet visit.

Barbara
11-26-2007, 12:46 PM
Glad to hear that all of Fister's levels are in the normal range!
Hope he stays that healthy for a long time to come :)