PDA

View Full Version : You Northerners....

Sirrahsim
11-26-2007, 08:14 AM
... can have your cold weather and snow back! I have been putting off packing away my son's pool and now there is snow on it!! Brrrr!! :D

Maya & Inka's mommy
11-26-2007, 09:04 AM
Snow :eek: in Texas :confused: . I thought that Texas never has any snow....

Pam
11-26-2007, 09:08 AM
I saw your weather on the news and could hardly believe my eyes! :eek: I guess that is where all of our cold weather has gone. We hit 71 on Thanksgiving and this week we'll mostly be in the 50's.

Randi
11-26-2007, 09:10 AM
An hour ago, I saw some snow flakes drifting past my window, but it seems to have stopped. :) I can certainly wait a bit longer with the snow!

Actually, I couldn't imagine you would get snow in Texas either.

sirrahved
11-26-2007, 09:12 AM
Snow :eek: in Texas :confused: . I thought that Texas never has any snow....

All 50 of the US states have had measurable snow at some point in history. For some people it's just a lot rarer than others!

Karen
11-26-2007, 09:43 AM
Yes, Lut, Texas is such a big state that part of it gets just about every kind of weather at some point!

Texas' land area is 268,601 square miles where your own country, Belgium is just 11787 square miles, but Texas also has several different climate zones.

As I know you are a gardener, you are probably familiar with "hardiness zones" - there are 8 in Texas alone! See:

http://www.usna.usda.gov/Hardzone/ushzmap.html

Now, Missy, I'll take any snow you want to send me, but really - you wouldn't want your boys to be deprived and grow up never having seen snow fall, would you? ;)