PDA

View Full Version : I'm moving!

wolfsoul
11-25-2007, 09:12 PM
I am so excited. I just got the call today that I've been accepted and I'm moving into my new place by the 1st.

The house I live in now has black mold, and I believe is the cause of my deteriorating health. Visa has also been chewing herself like crazy. I was very distraught, thinking my foundation bitch has food allergies. Now my rat is ill and has scratched himself raw all over his body -- he is covered in scabs, poor thing. The doctors checked me for MS (and any neurological issues), diabetes, etc. I knew my house had mold, but didn't know what kind it was and never really thought about it. Until it got bad enough that I can smell it in my house, and then I looked up the symptoms of mold toxicity, and saw that my symtpoms are covered in there, as well as my pets.

I've been looking for a new place for about a year and haven't been able to find anything, due to the fact that I own and breed dogs. But, I knew it would come around when I was ready, and I just so happened to have found a very cute little place. It's pretty much all brand new. It's small but very open. The yard is not completely fenced (one part blew over in a windstorm), but it will be fixed in the spring; Visa is fine offlead and is never left unsupervised, and I won't have puppies till the summer time, so that is fine with me. I really like it and it's so nice and clean, I'm so excited to live there. The landlady does not care about my pets, as long as they don't make noise and I am responsible.

The rent is alot more than I am used to, so I will have to budget myself more. I'm probably going to work one extra day a week, and once I'm in my new place I'll have room to sew and make dog collars to sell at the shop. The landlady asked me if I can afford it and I told her it is alot more than I pay now, but I can do it -- but she told me she'll give me free internet and cable anyways. I am stoked, she is so nice. I couldn't have found better people who are willing to give a young person with pets a chance. There was only one other person who was willing to rent me a place and I just couldn't afford what they wanted. Everyone else heard "dogs" and that was it. It didn't matter that they come to work with me, are show dogs so they are very clean (and I'm a groomer so they ARE well-groomed), and they are trained to compete in other sports so they are well behaved. I told this lady right away that I onl;y have Visa now, but I'm breeding her next year and I'm keeping a puppy, and will likely always have between 1 and 3 dogs. She said that was fine. I'm amazed. I take really good care of my dogs and my house and I'm so happy she coudl tell that right off the bat.

Anyways, I'm just excited and had to share! I'm getting my stuff together now!

Karen
11-25-2007, 09:14 PM
How exciting, it sounds perfect! :)

critter crazy
11-25-2007, 09:18 PM
Good for you!! How exciting!! I am one of the few people that love to move!! I love new places,a nd starting fresh!! Awsome that you found such a perfect place Congrats!!:D

wolfsoul
11-26-2007, 04:23 PM
Thanks guys! I just dropped off a TON of stuff at the Salvation Army. I want to get rid of as much stuff as possible before the move.

lizbud
11-26-2007, 04:39 PM
Good luck with the move. :) The new place sounds great for you.

crow_noir
11-27-2007, 02:53 AM
Yay!!! Congrats on the wonderful new place!!!

Speaking from past experience take as few things from your old house as possible!!! I took a dresser from my old house and that was all it took for the mold to take over the bedroom in the new house. bleach and MANY hours (days) in the bright summer sunshine didn't even help. It may hurt to loose some sentimental things, but your life and your pets' lives are more important.

If you have important papers that can be copied, get copies of those and trash the rest. (i'd say recycle, but that's just going to pass that on somewhere else.)

*hugs*

buttercup132
11-27-2007, 07:34 AM
Yay that's so good, congrads on the new place. When do you offically move in?